Car Warranty Insurance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Brand new? Wow. I was told by my workshop that they only replaced mine with recond / 2nd hand part. Apparently that's the policy. Hmmmmm... makes me wonder. Wonder which workshop you are talking about? Mine is Auto Raco @ Desa Tun Razak.

Hi Shahnaz,

FYI, IMS Motorsport and WGA belong to the same owner, Mr Chin Chun Howe. This might be the reason the salesman highly recommended the workshop to you. Do share if you have any service done by the panel workshop.

BTW, coincidentally I found out that one of the owners of Opal Auto Mart has the same surname with the owner of WGA...relatives perhaps?
Whereas, most of the partners for Auto Guard are mat salleh...

Currently Im looking into the 1 year warranty service offered by Opal, gonna have my ride diagnosed at their panel workshop next week.

shahnaz;718065 said:
One of the salesman from wheelguard visited me today with regards to my X5. They told the same as above that and I also have the brochure for that (its the same as the website). The biggest advantage of them when comparing to Opal is that they do not limit your claims per any visit. They also claim that all parts that are used are genuine/OEM parts. They also cover oi leaks as well. I have the pricing with me and am willing to share with you or any members (please PM me).

From a claims point of view, any cases of issues and once their panel workshop has submitted the technical report, the replacement part will be approved within 24 hours.
However, the catch here is that you will need to service your car for the entire period of the warranty insurance in their panel workshop. They are strongly recommending IMS Motorshop Sdn Bhd as their main panel. I visited the place there and found all those big cars and lambrogini, rolls royce, hummer, porsche and aston martin there. The person is charge there is a person who worked for BMW penang previously. Anyone has any experience with IMS Motorsport ?

I bought 1 yr from Opal yesterday 2k+.....just buy....hope no need to claim anything...

Bought 2 years opal as well. To avoid any voids in the warranty, gonna have to service the car at one of their panel workshop.
I'm checking out Supreme Autoworks in Bangi this weekend. Will be in that area on saturday and that's the only time i can slot in for car servicing. Anybody has any experience with that particular workshop? Thanks in advance.

Amin

Darren Chew;780881 said:
Hi Shahnaz,

FYI, IMS Motorsport and WGA belong to the same owner, Mr Chin Chun Howe. This might be the reason the salesman highly recommended the workshop to you. Do share if you have any service done by the panel workshop.

BTW, coincidentally I found out that one of the owners of Opal Auto Mart has the same surname with the owner of WGA...relatives perhaps?
Whereas, most of the partners for Auto Guard are mat salleh...

Currently Im looking into the 1 year warranty service offered by Opal, gonna have my ride diagnosed at their panel workshop next week.

Hey Daren, well frankly speaking I am very impressed by their service especially their service center in Sunway. The person in charge is a great chap and he previously from Auto Bavaria Penang.
I had the worst nightmare when my car was caught in a flood just 2 weeks after I bought it. Although it did cause me a bit to repair the car, I must admit the quality of the work done is impressive.
Some of his workers used to work for almost 10 years in a BMW workshop in Kayu Ara so they are quite well versed.

Also, they do not only service BMW - they do porsche, audi, mercedes, lambrogini and other continental brands as well.

He also does

I heard this for the first time from my dealer whom i just paid a deposit for my e90 - 2008 that i'm about to get.
Just wondering, if the OPAL warranty is reliable and for peace of mind, I was hoping to buy a 1 year package first. What you guys think? Should I pay that amount of money for the service or should I keep them to myself to make my own wear and tear repairs? Finally, which you guys will recommend of these both options? OPAL or WheelAuto? Help.

I'd say just take opal for the peace of mind, in case big ticket items do have problem. My only dissatisfaction with opal is the waiting time. It took 3 weeks average in the workshop for the two times that I claimed under their warranty. with no replacement car obviously!

demonfreak;804810 said:
I heard this for the first time from my dealer whom i just paid a deposit for my e90 - 2008 that i'm about to get.
Just wondering, if the OPAL warranty is reliable and for peace of mind, I was hoping to buy a 1 year package first. What you guys think? Should I pay that amount of money for the service or should I keep them to myself to make my own wear and tear repairs? Finally, which you guys will recommend of these both options? OPAL or WheelAuto? Help.

And oh, do keep in mind if you take 1 year option first, your subsequent renewal will be allowed for additional one year each time with inspection report from the authorized workshop. If i can turn back time, i'd probably take the 2 or 3 years coverage straight away at the point of purchase which works out to be cheaper per year ;)

I have been doing some research and comparison on this warranty product, but seems like not many have experience on it. Anyway, i am going to go for Wheel Guard for my used e90 320i. In case (touch wood) i have any claims, i will keep it posted here. :)

Good day to all,

Wondering on the authenticity of the parts being supplied by Opal or Wheelguard OEM/Genuine or its a recond ones? Could someone enlighten on this please?

Thedonbk said:
Good day to all,

Wondering on the authenticity of the parts being supplied by Opal or Wheelguard OEM/Genuine or its a recond ones? Could someone enlighten on this please?
Recently if you checked the Facebook page for the Volkswagen and Audi owners club, you will see a complaint about a person's experience with OPAL. He states that OPAL gives him 2nd hand parts and takes a very long time in the claim process (most likely to deny the claim).

This is just from one person's viewpoint so it may or may not be bias.

Mavik said:
Recently if you checked the Facebook page for the Volkswagen and Audi owners club, you will see a complaint about a person's experience with OPAL. He states that OPAL gives him 2nd hand parts and takes a very long time in the claim process (most likely to deny the claim).

This is just from one person's viewpoint so it may or may not be bias.
Yes Mavik, it went viral on the net. Like you said it is from particular view point. Would appreciate if the rest could share some :)

My experience with wheel guard was the car diagnose and they took for test drive. Then they suggested to change the gearbox oil stating its jerk before they kick in the Warranty! I was not happy with their recommendation as I just completed 78 points check with AB and confirmed the car was good before I purchase from the first owner. I was reluctant to do the change as heard a lot story of what happen once you touch the gear box oil. The car was just run 14k km. I went over to different 3 workshop after 1 week and all of them certified no problem and no jerks. So again I'm puzzle why wheel guard request to change the oil ! Luckily I didn't do the change and I'm in different warranty and all going good! So suggestion don't go blindly to their proposal as their warranty only cover 1 year but you will live with the rest of years!

Hi there, it has been 10 mths after i signed up with Wheel Guard. Here's some sharing. same like Heyrish, my car was inspected, and the panel suggested 2 things to be fixed:
1. Engine oil leak
2. Replace Power steering pump due to leaking, and they claim that at most can only last 5000km and problem will arise if not replaced
They quoted me abt rm 3500, which of course i will ask the car dealer to pay.

My sales rep was kind of pissed off, and sent the car to his mechanics instead. To make the story short, the mechanics fixed the engine oil leak but din fix the power steering pump, because he said nothing was wrong, and he just cleaned the stain. so i tried my luck and send the car back to their panel for inspection. Voila! They said power steering pump ok oredi!
So, moral of the story will be ,whatever their workshops ask u to fix before they covers u, get a second opinion.

A few months later my windscreen washer pump malfunctioned, to my surprise that was under warranty, and i managed to get it replaced. Though if without the warranty the cost of replacing it was not much, yet i still appreciate it. And the claim was hassle free.
Wheel Guard, so far so good. I will recommend WG to my friend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom