Car Warranty Insurance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Actually they got panel here in Kedah and Penang. Chin is actually from Sg petani, Kedah and his uncle owned a workshop here in sg petani that can be their panel. Bayern in bkt mertajam also their panel. Since they're supplier, any workshop who is a client, they will appoint as panel

Car warranty insurance is offered on new and sometimes used autos in case any breakdowns or problems happen while you have the car. That way if there are any problems or breakdowns with the vehicle, it will be fixed with no out of pocket money or expense from you.....

storm7576;672342 said:
you can call the boss direct, Chin (0162077759)

Thanks for your info bro, but actually i heard the name not so trusty actually, just my point of view. Normally this kind of insurance before buy is very good, after buy worry different story. And can direct contact the boss ? Hmmm, small company is it ? If big corporate how they allow you to do that ? Kekeke.. Anyway, i will consider and update you guys bro.. Since i'm in KL.

Of course small company la, if big corporation means not only the boss, the bodyguard also u cannot call direct. Just my 2 kupang la, to do this kind of business u have to be a supplier yourself. If Insurance company want to do this sort of business they would have to buy parts from supplier or at least locked price with panel supplier and of course the supplier will markup kaw-kaw punya and eventually the premium would be higher. If u not confident, better don't buy la. It's totally yr call. I myself still want to learn more about this company especially the agreement. My question to them would be 'does it spell out anywhere in the contract that customer's interest will be safeguarded if u suddenly close shop?'

Actually i heard AXA got do this kind of insurance for NAZA, at least proper Insurance Company i guess..

I have called up AXA, they said they never offer such insurance to NAZA or anybody. They said for major repair u can claim yr normal motor vehicle insurance but will loose yr NCD.

storm7576;673593 said:
I have called up AXA, they said they never offer such insurance to NAZA or anybody. They said for major repair u can claim yr normal motor vehicle insurance but will loose yr NCD.

Is it ? Then i check with my friend where he got the info from, because he working in AXA..

Whenever consumers buy a product, they assume that the product is fit for use. Many sellers offer a warranty in case there are any problems, the product will be either fixed or replaced. Car manufacturers offer similar warranties to their customers, which are usually for three year or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first.

That sounds pretty good. Especially since the DSG was replaced no questions. We will look at the APR, how to change back to the standard mapping, without the remap appear?

Checked with my friend, he change to others company already. He is from adjustor side, only got to know from his colleague last time. At the end, i decided didn't get it is because pricy, and have to send to their workshop which i'm not so comfortable to me. They can't send to outside workshop are not in their list.

I'm buying a recond car. Am really confused with the pricing of this Opal warranty.

The dealer quote me price inclusive of 1 year warranty by Opal, which is acceptable to me.

Am thinking of taking 2 years warranty for peace of mind. The dealer showed me the table. For 1 year coverage is 3k and 2 year coverage is 4.8k.

So i told the dealer, since u offer 1 year free warranty, can I pay additional 1.8k to get 2 years coverage?
The answer is no. If i want 2 year coverage, i have to pay 4.8k. But that is as if i'm not getting the first year free!

But he says that's how it works! Haiyooo... pening la. Like this looks like i'm not taking the 2nd year coverage la.

Looks like nobody have any good stories to share in relation to this 3rd party warranty...

My car is on Opal. Unfortunately, it's in the workshop now, 3 weeks already "Steering Pump" issue, waiting for new part from Germany

yoke;707668 said:
My car is on Opal. Unfortunately, it's in the workshop now, 3 weeks already "Steering Pump" issue, waiting for new part from Germany
sorry to hear that. but sounds to me it's not due to Opal right? more of parts issue not insurance issue. correct?

digerati;685960 said:
I'm buying a recond car. Am really confused with the pricing of this Opal warranty.

The dealer quote me price inclusive of 1 year warranty by Opal, which is acceptable to me.

Am thinking of taking 2 years warranty for peace of mind. The dealer showed me the table. For 1 year coverage is 3k and 2 year coverage is 4.8k.

So i told the dealer, since u offer 1 year free warranty, can I pay additional 1.8k to get 2 years coverage?
The answer is no. If i want 2 year coverage, i have to pay 4.8k. But that is as if i'm not getting the first year free!

But he says that's how it works! Haiyooo... pening la. Like this looks like i'm not taking the 2nd year coverage la.

Looks like nobody have any good stories to share in relation to this 3rd party warranty...

What it means is that you're getting a 3 years warranty. 1st year it's the one year free warranty once lapsed then the two years warranty that you paid will come into effect. That's my arrangement with NAZA anyways when I bought my ride a few years ago. They have one year free warranty and i bought an additional 2 years warranty at RM2.5k.

With NAZA you have to service the car at their approved panel every 10k km or less else it will void the warranty, max mileage allowable is 25k KM per year. Money well spent as few parts was replaced and easily exceeded what i paid for the extended cover.

digerati;709706 said:
sorry to hear that. but sounds to me it's not due to Opal right? more of parts issue not insurance issue. correct?

Yeap, it's the part issue. No problem with Opal, they approve a brand new steering pump for my car.

storm7576;672338 said:
Hi All, I bought my X5 from pantai bharu and thinking of buying the Wheel Guard warranty from LX Mode salesperson since LX Mode tied up with them. Heard a lot of good things about wheel guard e.g their core business is supplying continental car parts la, they process yr claim less than 24 hours lah, they will replace faulty parts with new genuine parts or OEM not used or fake parts lah and bla bla bla but still never trust what i heard 100%. I already spoke to their boss Chin (0162077759) but still I want to investigate further about this company like visit their office in Puchong. Since I lived in Kedah, quite difficult to do so. Maybe one of you guys could do PI work for the sake of the club and go visit their office. Their address & contacts: No.2F-3-16, Suite 13, IOI Boulevard, Jalan Kenari 6, Bandar Puchong Jaya, Puchong 47170, Selangor DE, Malaysia. Tel: 03-8073 2670 Fax: 03-8073 2688 website: http://wheelguardauto.com/TermsAndConditions.aspx

TIA

One of the salesman from wheelguard visited me today with regards to my X5. They told the same as above that and I also have the brochure for that (its the same as the website). The biggest advantage of them when comparing to Opal is that they do not limit your claims per any visit. They also claim that all parts that are used are genuine/OEM parts. They also cover oi leaks as well. I have the pricing with me and am willing to share with you or any members (please PM me).

From a claims point of view, any cases of issues and once their panel workshop has submitted the technical report, the replacement part will be approved within 24 hours.
However, the catch here is that you will need to service your car for the entire period of the warranty insurance in their panel workshop. They are strongly recommending IMS Motorshop Sdn Bhd as their main panel. I visited the place there and found all those big cars and lambrogini, rolls royce, hummer, porsche and aston martin there. The person is charge there is a person who worked for BMW penang previously. Anyone has any experience with IMS Motorsport ?

It's been a while, but thanks for the clarification b33mer.

I totally understand what you are saying, and i'm in fact believe that it should be that way. But my salesman insist that it is otherwise. So, I decided against taking up the two year coverage then.

Now that it's coming to the end of one year free period, I have decided to extend it to another one or two years, depending on the their pricing. Will be calling them. Anyone done this before? Any advise? Thanks!

B33mEr;709739 said:
What it means is that you're getting a 3 years warranty. 1st year it's the one year free warranty once lapsed then the two years warranty that you paid will come into effect. That's my arrangement with NAZA anyways when I bought my ride a few years ago. They have one year free warranty and i bought an additional 2 years warranty at RM2.5k.

With NAZA you have to service the car at their approved panel every 10k km or less else it will void the warranty, max mileage allowable is 25k KM per year. Money well spent as few parts was replaced and easily exceeded what i paid for the extended cover.

Top Bottom