Car Warranty Insurance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Wahh...seems like no one bought such insurance before lehhh....,

never heard such thing before but what is the premium like? is it high or average? What do they cover?

Hi mates,
Yes, that is available on market about this Warranty Insurance, not only this 2 company, actually normal insurance company also have. I have a friend working in AXA, and 1 of their client is NAZA. Of coz the premium is not cheap, what i heard from my friend is, this insurance is cover major Standard Warranty like brand new car coverage. Even standard absorber broken also can claim. Of course, what we worry is gearbox, main engine part. If you buy an expensive car, then this is worth it rather than pay if any major broken. Terms and condition apply..

Also, we can't simply buy by owner, as i know need to go thru dealer only can buy, because is valid for recon car only. For me, i just bought a recon car also, still under dealer warranty, and i'm consider whether to buy the insurance or not, around RM2k+ per year for car value around RM2++k.

Hope to hear more info by others also.

ansonsoo;663988 said:
Hi mates,
Yes, that is available on market about this Warranty Insurance, not only this 2 company, actually normal insurance company also have. I have a friend working in AXA, and 1 of their client is NAZA. Of coz the premium is not cheap, what i heard from my friend is, this insurance is cover major Standard Warranty like brand new car coverage. Even standard absorber broken also can claim. Of course, what we worry is gearbox, main engine part. If you buy an expensive car, then this is worth it rather than pay if any major broken. Terms and condition apply..

Also, we can't simply buy by owner, as i know need to go thru dealer only can buy, because is valid for recon car only. For me, i just bought a recon car also, still under dealer warranty, and i'm consider whether to buy the insurance or not, around RM2k+ per year for car value around RM2++k.

Hope to hear more info by others also.

so did you buy ? now your alarm is giving problems.. any dealer warranty ?

The premium varies according to different car models. For mine, e93, it costs about 3.9k+ for 2 years if I'm not mistaken(from wheel guard auto). I haven bought the insurance yet, coz heard lots of rumors about this. They said that apparently these insurance are not approved in Malaysia.

Thats why wanna check check if any bros/sis here bought before or not.

Usually, before they accept your car, they will need you to send your car to their panel workshops for inspection. If got problem, you'll need to get it fixed first. And once all done, then only the accept your car.

Now the scariest part that is stopping me is that...initially I deal with someone salesman from wheel guard auto. We went for the inspection and then according to the report my dealer went to fix the car. And now when I got my car on early July...I tried calling him...and the fond totally engaged Liao...=S

I doubt that my car maintenance will be more than RM3.9k in 24 months, wear and tear exclusive. For the past 4 years of ownership, I only spent slightly over RM200 on the car for alternator pulley and vbelt tensioner. Others are all tyres, fluid, brake consumables and oil filters.

My Toyota Avanza lagi best, RM47 in 6 years. Actually the thermostat O-ring only cost RM7, RM40 is labor charged by SC. Of course running my 3 battery now, 1st one comes with the car, 2nd and 3rd cost me RM180 each.

astroboy;664095 said:
I doubt that my car maintenance will be more than RM3.9k in 24 months, wear and tear exclusive. For the past 4 years of ownership, I only spent slightly over RM200 on the car for alternator pulley and vbelt tensioner. Others are all tyres, fluid, brake consumables and oil filters.

My Toyota Avanza lagi best, RM47 in 6 years. Actually the thermostat O-ring only cost RM7, RM40 is labor charged by SC. Of course running my 3 battery now, 1st one comes with the car, 2nd and 3rd cost me RM180 each.

Aishe....yours is a small car lah and was also under BMW's BSRI so no worries. Used/recond cars very unpredicable so cannot depend on luck to avoid engine/auto trans/ECU etc failures. So the insurance will ensure a peace of mind for end-user.

Toyota Avanza...am speechless.

pussy;664033 said:
so did you buy ? now your alarm is giving problems.. any dealer warranty ?

Not yet buy bro, still have a month + to finish my dealer warranty, i think i will buy for 2 years also . But also have to check probably which insurance refer by my dealer. Worry like Jlow mentioned.. hehe.. Any advise guys?

Bro Jlow, which insurance you go for? Mind to share which dealer you got your car ? PM me if not convenient to show here, want to know more on this also.

ansonsoo;664270 said:
Not yet buy bro, still have a month + to finish my dealer warranty, i think i will buy for 2 years also . But also have to check probably which insurance refer by my dealer. Worry like Jlow mentioned.. hehe.. Any advise guys?

Bro Jlow, which insurance you go for? Mind to share which dealer you got your car ? PM me if not convenient to show here, want to know more on this also.

Bro Anson, I bought my car from Aman Razak Auto Bangsar. The sales person there told me not to go for such insurance because he mention that no point for me to waste money on this. Dunno why...I feel he's quite defensive to it.

I'm actually ready to go for the warranty insurance with wheel guard auto...but the salesman being 24x7 engaged...it worries me a lot...so dunno which insurance to buy yet..you have any in mind already?

Jlow;664288 said:
Bro Anson, I bought my car from Aman Razak Auto Bangsar. The sales person there told me not to go for such insurance because he mention that no point for me to waste money on this. Dunno why...I feel he's quite defensive to it.

I'm actually ready to go for the warranty insurance with wheel guard auto...but the salesman being 24x7 engaged...it worries me a lot...so dunno which insurance to buy yet..you have any in mind already?

Oh.. I see.
I guess have to check your dealer actually holding any insurance panel, because i check with my friend at AXA, he said i can't just buy like that, have to go thru dealer see whether AXA cover the dealer or not. He told me AXA do cover for NAZA, etc.. I bought mine at LX Mode, the sales person said is up to me if i want to buy, only worry is the gearbox. after few weeks he told me better buy, because he just have a customer R8 gearbox gone, 4 months on the road of the car.. sigh.. So, i still have a month to think, whether buy or not.. Or you check with your current insurance company, see whether they can do such cover or not.. This only i can advise so far.. But don't go for those never heard before insurance company i guess..

ansonsoo;664379 said:
Oh.. I see.
I guess have to check your dealer actually holding any insurance panel, because i check with my friend at AXA, he said i can't just buy like that, have to go thru dealer see whether AXA cover the dealer or not. He told me AXA do cover for NAZA, etc.. I bought mine at LX Mode, the sales person said is up to me if i want to buy, only worry is the gearbox. after few weeks he told me better buy, because he just have a customer R8 gearbox gone, 4 months on the road of the car.. sigh.. So, i still have a month to think, whether buy or not.. Or you check with your current insurance company, see whether they can do such cover or not.. This only i can advise so far.. But don't go for those never heard before insurance company i guess..

Hmm...for my dealer, he advised me not to go for it. So now in dilemma. Eh bro Anson, for lx mode, which car warranty insurance company did they tie up with ? Mind to share?

A friend's VW Passat warranty ended and dealer offer warranty extension. Only RM800 a year, but exclusively offered by Alliance, under a tie-up with the dealer. Can't get this from outside Alliance agent.

Jlow;664894 said:
Hmm...for my dealer, he advised me not to go for it. So now in dilemma. Eh bro Anson, for lx mode, which car warranty insurance company did they tie up with ? Mind to share?

Hi bro, i also don't know, let me find out more info from them...

astroboy;664900 said:
A friend's VW Passat warranty ended and dealer offer warranty extension. Only RM800 a year, but exclusively offered by Alliance, under a tie-up with the dealer. Can't get this from outside Alliance agent.

U meant Allianz insurance?

ansonsoo;664952 said:
Hi bro, i also don't know, let me find out more info from them...

Alrights bro Anson....will wait for your update then...:D

Hi All, I bought my X5 from pantai bharu and thinking of buying the Wheel Guard warranty from LX Mode salesperson since LX Mode tied up with them. Heard a lot of good things about wheel guard e.g their core business is supplying continental car parts la, they process yr claim less than 24 hours lah, they will replace faulty parts with new genuine parts or OEM not used or fake parts lah and bla bla bla but still never trust what i heard 100%. I already spoke to their boss Chin (0162077759) but still I want to investigate further about this company like visit their office in Puchong. Since I lived in Kedah, quite difficult to do so. Maybe one of you guys could do PI work for the sake of the club and go visit their office. Their address & contacts: No.2F-3-16, Suite 13, IOI Boulevard, Jalan Kenari 6, Bandar Puchong Jaya, Puchong 47170, Selangor DE, Malaysia. Tel: 03-8073 2670 Fax: 03-8073 2688 website: http://wheelguardauto.com/TermsAndConditions.aspx
TIA

Jlow;664288 said:

you can call the boss direct, Chin (0162077759)

storm7576;672338 said:
Hi All, I bought my X5 from pantai bharu and thinking of buying the Wheel Guard warranty from LX Mode salesperson since LX Mode tied up with them. Heard a lot of good things about wheel guard e.g their core business is supplying continental car parts la, they process yr claim less than 24 hours lah, they will replace faulty parts with new genuine parts or OEM not used or fake parts lah and bla bla bla but still never trust what i heard 100%. I already spoke to their boss Chin (0162077759) but still I want to investigate further about this company like visit their office in Puchong. Since I lived in Kedah, quite difficult to do so. Maybe one of you guys could do PI work for the sake of the club and go visit their office. Their address & contacts: No.2F-3-16, Suite 13, IOI Boulevard, Jalan Kenari 6, Bandar Puchong Jaya, Puchong 47170, Selangor DE, Malaysia. Tel: 03-8073 2670 Fax: 03-8073 2688 website: http://wheelguardauto.com/TermsAndConditions.aspx
TIA

Storm..if you're in kedah...better not take the insurance right? I gone through their website and I think they have 2 panels only..and both also in klang valley...

Top Bottom