BMW E39 E38 E53 Instrument Cluster MID Repair

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

haywire

Official Member
Dear all, I am now offering to repair your missing/disappearing pixel on the display of your BMW E39 5 series, E38 7 Series, or E53 X5 dashboard instrument cluster/MID. All these cars have the common dead / fading / disappearing pixels on the instrument cluster (also on the board computer - MID) - on the large LCD display that shows valuable data such as the mileage and the on board computer messages.

I will remove the unit from your car, repair it by replacing the faulty part (ribbon cable), returning the display/OBC pixel to its former glory. Warnings/check engines etc will be shown clearly on the LCD screen.

This is a permanent repair and the problem should not recur again. I have repaired my own cluster (BMW E39) over 2 years ago and it is still working 100% with no pixel problem.

Normally workshops will advise you to replace these faulty instrument cluster/MID unit but now you can repair it at the fraction of the price.

Background light bulb for the LCD display will also be replaced at extra cost if they are found to be blown.

Contact me for further info.

Owners outside of KL may be able to post it to me for repair, alternatively contact me for other arrangements.

Flat price for instrument cluster & MID ribbon repair: RM380 each unit

PM or contact me at 019-2652830 to arrange repairs

7090914833_99b7d00f6e.jpg

Please note that there are 2 type of Instrument Cluster for the E39, but commonly only the 'HIGH' version needs to be repaired:

Slide1.jpg

'LOW' Instrument Cluster - The display should not fail

Slide2.jpg

'HIGH' Instrument Cluster -Common problem with the LCD pixel display.

7090915043_7376f71fdb_z.jpg

MID unit for the E39/E53 and E38.

Note: Images above are not mine and are for reference purposes only.

I've seen the effort you went through to fix just 1 of them and honestly, even I got tired being a spectator and you are very meticulous. I'm on the low cluster and touch would all my pixels are behaving. But I know who I'll be loooking for when it starts acting up.. :)

Agreed. He is very meticulous and carried out the fitting of the ribbon 3 times as there were a few pixels missing until he got me 100% of my pixels back.

Cheers and good luck on your endeavour.

Just finished anaksiam01's instrument cluster. Took many attempts due to faulty ribbon itself but did achieve 100% pixel in the end.

3 bulbs needed changing in his cluster.

Haywire,
If we bring our own ribbon that we purchased from recent groupbuy, how much will be the charges?:)

Beautiful job done by bro Haywire, very nice and clear cluster wordings. Very professional too I might add.:top:

kaniz;735931 said:
Haywire,
If we bring our own ribbon that we purchased from recent groupbuy, how much will be the charges?:)

RM200. Now I am confident to get 100% pixel results, however many attempts it will take me to get it.

Highly recommended Bro haywire's work.

FYI he just did my MID display last Friday.

I am 100% satisfied! Will definitely use his service for my instrument cluster next as at the moment it is not too bad only 1 or 2 lines missing but comes back on when the temperature gets hot during middday.

I think maybe the ribbons expanded hence made the contacts perfect again?

Thanks to Bro Haywire. I just got mine fixed last night at kedai mamak :rock:. Very detail and perfect job. Highly recommended.

IDT;736752 said:
Thanks to Bro Haywire. I just got mine fixed last night at kedai mamak :rock:. Very detail and perfect job. Highly recommended.

His 'office' is in any mamak stall....

he did mine at a car wash... altho its only to replace 2 bulbs.. muka car wash tension is priceless... thx bro

Bro Haywire finished fixing my 525i's MID and meter cluster today. Awesome stuff......
The cluster was fixed on the first try, but the MID took a few tries...lol. Not his fault though. My MID was just a bit stubborn! ha ha!
Very happy with the results though. Every pixel works now, and I'm absolutely amazed at Haywire's persistence in getting it right! :D

I'm going back to Kedah tonight until Tuesday. Anyone in Kedah or Penang can contact me to repair their LCDs.

Top Bottom