Absorber

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

PetetSD

I am looking for for my F10 520D absorber genuinely. Maybe recond units or to repair. Need the contact details as well in Klang valley. Thank you

The suspension is working ok, I had a leak on one rear unit after 1 year. I am not convinced that the adaptive part of the suspension is working very effectively, all the settings seem to be the same to me. The suspension seems to be a bit harder and some of the unevenness of the road surface is transmitted into the car. I really need to try to test it against a similar car running standard, non repaired suspension to try to see if there is a big difference.
Would I do it again? Hard to say, I saved approx RM5000 and the car is working ok so I guess I would.

The suspension is working ok, I had a leak on one rear unit after 1 year. I am not convinced that the adaptive part of the suspension is working very effectively, all the settings seem to be the same to me. The suspension seems to be a bit harder and some of the unevenness of the road surface is transmitted into the car. I really need to try to test it against a similar car running standard, non repaired suspension to try to see if there is a big difference.
Would I do it again? Hard to say, I saved approx RM5000 and the car is working ok so I guess I would.

Do they offer warranty on that 5K rebuild work? Thanks.

Hi, I had my F10 done at Reiber Auto about 6 weeks ago. Car really felt like new after refurbishment buttttt after a few weeks, new clonking/knocking sound can be heard from the suspension. These sound wasn’t even there before refurbishment. I am yet to visit them due to the fact I am not living in Klang valley but I’ve contacted them and they said they will honor my warranty if the issue was indeed suspension related.

My view is that go change to stock EDC or non-EDC and not to go to any third party for refurbishment. Cheaper in long term - that's from my experience.

Top Bottom