850i with Limp Home Mode problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

badrul880

Nil
Anyone can assist me in identifying a mechanic who is well versed in M70B50 engines? Mine is running on a single bank which is on a limp home mode and its a pain to seach for the fault. Car is now at mechanic no#2.. Thanks.

Have you tried BM World (Ah Wai) yet?
He services Tom's V12 E34.

maxxsp;804928 said:
Have you tried BM World (Ah Wai) yet?
He services Tom's V12 E34.

Not yet but Tom also mentioned Ah Wai to me. Will definately give it a think..

Ah Wai is the best! Btw who's the owner of a sleek WHP 515 8-er ah?

stig;804950 said:
Ah Wai is the best! Btw who's the owner of a sleek WHP 515 8-er ah?
515, black with AC kits and 20 inch rims belong to a friend, Zul. He have spent more than 100k to restore from bottom up plus a donor half cut.. 100k is not including his massive sound system from Audio Gadget. Head unit alone can but a good condition E34.. Damnn... Wish I was in his shoes...

badrul880;804954 said:
515, black with AC kits and 20 inch rims belong to a friend, Zul. He have spent more than 100k to restore from bottom up plus a donor half cut.. 100k is not including his massive sound system from Audio Gadget. Head unit alone can but a good condition E34.. Damnn... Wish I was in his shoes...

Haha, yeah I always see it in Bangsar :). First time I saw it was at mechanic along Kayu@Kota Damansara... thanks for info!

stig;805018 said:
Haha, yeah I always see it in Bangsar :). First time I saw it was at mechanic along Kayu@Kota Damansara... thanks for info!

Yup thats where he did the restoration. Previously the car was a 6speed manual..

Update: All 12 cyclinders are firing now:rock:.

Mod please close this thread thank you.

What was the fault? Could you just update that before the thread is closed for benefits of others in the future.

It was moisture in one of the ECU. The mechanic opened up the metal body of the ECU and found traces of water. Cleaned and dried it and walla all 12 is firing...

The 8 on its early evening rounds... Panas kan henjen mode..
20130226_184256.jpg

badrul880;808147 said:
It was moisture in one of the ECU. The mechanic opened up the metal body of the ECU and found traces of water. Cleaned and dried it and walla all 12 is firing...

aiyoh.. what a cheap & simple solution. glad you found the culprit.

mizhan;809060 said:
aiyoh.. what a cheap & simple solution. glad you found the culprit.

Not cheap. Was billed 2500 for the 2 months hospital stay. Mechanic told me he had hell looking for the problem..

badrul880;809021 said:
The 8 on its early evening rounds... Panas kan henjen mode..
20130226_184256.jpg

nice car bro and thanks for last week preview of the car. Wish i have the time and money to restore such beauty.
kudos to u bro on a well job done to the car.. love the car and wish that one day would also owned one and restore one my self

Top Bottom