330i Front Left Knocking Sound

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Sushi Trash

Hi members,
I am a new owner of g20 330i since September 2021.
On the first 2 months everything was good until the front left knocking noise came in whenever driving low speed on uneven roads or over bumps will have that 'krok krok'knocking sound.

This making me mad as I sent in sc changed steering rack, left absorber and absorber mounting.
Apparently the noise is still there.

Anyone had the same issue and any solution other than sell off the car.

Thanks

This could be an indication of a serious problem.

It could be resulting from an issue with ignition coils, spark plugs, and valve gear, or even piston rings and connecting rods.

You can take the car to the dealer for a repair.

Last edited:
Hi Sushi Trash,

Have u changed the tie rod?

I had the same issue and I believed it was that.

No issue now after the replacement.

Keep us updated ya.

QUOTE="Sushi Trash, post: 756920, member:
64455"]Hi members,
I am a new owner of g20 330i since September 2021.
On the first 2 months everything was good until the front left knocking noise came in whenever driving low speed on uneven roads or over bumps will have that 'krok krok'knocking sound.

This making me mad as I sent in sc changed steering rack, left absorber and absorber mounting.
Apparently the noise is still there.

Anyone had the same issue and any solution other than sell off the car.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Similar issue with my new 320i G21, and i have been waiting since April 2023 for the spare part, the arrival date of the spare part is UNKNOWN according to the Authorised Service Center !

Similar issue with my new 320i G21, and i have been waiting since April 2023 for the spare part, the arrival date of the spare part is UNKNOWN according to the Authorised Service Center !
so? what's the update, manage to solve?

Hi there,

Same issue here.. Bought my 330i LCI in mid 2023, and have been sending my car to service center like more than 5 times (if I can recall correctly) for the same issue. Here what they did:

1st visit - After checking, they said need to come back again to change tie rod
2nd visit - Change the tie rod. After awhile, the noise came back
3rd visit - The mechanics said they put more grease on the tie rod, so that the sound will go away (seriously!!).
4th visit - Change the "updated version" of the tie rod. Still didn't solve the issue.
5th visit - Change the steering system.

FINALLY!!! ................. A bit of improvement (need to give some credits to BMW) but at low speed and some section of uneven road - here comes the sound again. Don't know what else to do. Any help?

New G20 330i owner with front left knocking on uneven roads. Steering rack, shock absorber & mount replaced but noise persists. Seeking solutions from other members.

Top Bottom