11th Annual Charity Jam Session 2010

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.

nazrie

Club Guest
noname.jpg
The 11th Charity Jam Session would be held back at RP , Saujana Resort (formerly known as Hyatt Regency Saujana) again this year which would be held on the 3rd of July, 2010 (Saturday). The event will be spearheaded by Malaysian Association of Hotels, Chefs Association of Malaysia, Malaysian Food & Beverage Executives Association and Malaysian Association of Housekeepers with The Saujana Hotel being the venue/co-organiser with participation of BMW Club Malaysia. Activities for the day would include, performance by 17 bands from around Malaysia, car (BMW :rock:) display outside RP, biker's display etc. This occasion will further be promoted by the media with coverage in major newspaper's and magazines.Proceeds to : Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (UMMC, KL), a dedicated care unit for the critically ill children from newborn to fourteen years of age. All proceeds will be used to purchase life saving equipment and subsidize the cost to care for these children.Prior to this, affiliation was done with other clubs such as Porsche Club Malaysia , Harley Davidson etc . This year and with your help , maybe years to come we are proud to be associated with this noble event.

No Child Shall Knock In Vain

Ladies & getlemen ,

Day/Date : Saturday 3rd July 2010
Time : 2.00pm – 1.00am
Venue : RP Entertainment Centre (Tel : 03-78461234)
Saujana Resort,
Off Jalan Lapangan Terbang Subang.
Bands Performing :
Fats & Vernon
Zack & Lyia
Ghost Riders
Extreme
Union
Bala
Joe "Elvis" Rozario
President's Men
Sensations
Shahrin Band
Chemistry
Carbolic Smokeballs
Trinity
SWV
Pieces of April
SmallStones
d'Stags

The event will be filled with fun, food, music and booths selling merchandises...

All food and beverages (including Carlsberg Draft/Skol Beer/Fruit Juices) are priced at RM10.00 and are sold via coupons available through the Organisers & official partner BMW Club Malaysia and also at The Saujana Kuala Lumpur. Priced at RM100.00 per book of 10 coupons. Additional single coupons of RM10 can be purchased during the event.

There will be lucky draws using the coupons during the event. Attractive prizes such as handphones etc will be given away. Fun Auctions will also be held throughout the day.

So , Ladies & Gents ,

We are proud to be the official partner for this noble event. As such , lets make us proud by helping the needy children as MUCH as we can. Lets strive to be the record breaker for the donation. They might not be our children but they could have been. So, lets give and give generously. Don't stop at individual donations. If u know of corporations willing to donate, please do make the effort. Donations will be in the form of coupons booklet. Each booklet contains ten coupons of RM10 which makes it RM100 per booklet/donation. Donations be it small or big are very much welcomed.

The coupons are to be used to purchase food & drinks as well as enter lucky draws throughout the day , if u attend the charity jam. U can also choose to just purchase the coupons purely as donations.

The donations (coupon purchase ) can be used for income tax deductions. As such, to those needing the receipts, please advise us of your details and we will arrange with the main organizers for the official receipts. It was requested that donations of RM200 and above request for the receipts due to the organizers logistical reasons. However if u do need receipts for Rm100 coupon purchase , I will forward the requests.

So come..come all to have fun while donating to a noble cause..

I have attended the organizer's 1st committee meeting for the event and here is our role :

1- Sell the coupons to individual & corporations as donations. For sizable donations such as corporations , a booth , subject to availability, will be given at the event if needed such as to promote your products.

2- Attend the press conference on 17 June 2010 at 11am at RP with our rides to kick off the event. It will be published in major newspapers and magazines. So, i am calling for at least 7-8 members on that day to show up for the press conference with their UDMs. The area in front of RP will be cordoned off for US only , as well as on the day of the event on 3rd JULY. Please come with your official club shirt..........As we speak, banners and flyers are being made.

3- Attend the event with our UDMs and show off our shiny awesome rides :D and have FUN :rock:

I am still in Switzerland and going to Nurburgring on Wednesday :D Once I get further details , I will publish it here. They are still working on the details. Standby one please. Details coming soon.

nazrie;527733 said:
I have attended the organizer's 1st committee meeting for the event and here is our role :

1- Sell the coupons to individual & corporations as donations. For sizable donations such as corporations , a booth , subject to availability, will be given at the event if needed such as to promote your products.

2- Attend the press conference on 17 June 2010 at 11am at RP with our rides to kick off the event. It will be published in major newspapers and magazines. So, i am calling for at least 7-8 members on that day to show up for the press conference with their UDMs. The area in front of RP will be cordoned off for US only , as well as on the day of the event on 3rd JULY. Please come with your official club shirt..........As we speak, banners and flyers are being made.

3- Attend the event with our UDMs and show off our shiny awesome rides :D and have FUN :rock:

my dear president,

you are so outdated **giggles giggles**, its now called "joy". hehe.

this event sounds really cool. great work.

Whatever it is, UDM la, BMW la, SDP la, JOY la, BIMMER la, BEEMER la, ROUNDEL la.. just drop by to support the event. From 2pm till 1am.. since its very long hour, I don't think anyone will stay there for the entire 11 hours. Perhaps we work out a time, or time slots for several groups, so some familiar faces will be there.

I would most likely handle safekeeping/issuing coupons for our members/forumers. Awaiting for more details from our Captain. Hope he doesn't station me there for 11 hours.. :( I can end up with alcohol intoxication.. :eek:

ah lian;527983 said:
my dear president,

you are so outdated **giggles giggles**, its now called "joy". hehe.

this event sounds really cool. great work.

aiyaaaa.. u never read this : http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33073

then u la more outdated..
Speaking about passion , my passion is BMW .. have u ever heard JOY IS BMW.. NO! NO! NO! I don't know who JOY is but what my friends know is that Nazri IS BMW

so the latest one... NAZRI yaaa... dont forget aaaa... :D:24:

astroboy;527997 said:
Whatever it is, UDM la, BMW la, SDP la, JOY la, BIMMER la, BEEMER la, ROUNDEL la.. just drop by to support the event. From 2pm till 1am.. since its very long hour, I don't think anyone will stay there for the entire 11 hours. Perhaps we work out a time, or time slots for several groups, so some familiar faces will be there.

I would most likely handle safekeeping/issuing coupons for our members/forumers. Awaiting for more details from our Captain. Hope he doesn't station me there for 11 hours.. :( I can end up with alcohol intoxication.. :eek:

Don't you just love the booze? Why complain 11 hours. 13 hours also you stay :)

astroboy;527997 said:

and watch over the 'kodoks' while waiting for us to come..:burnout:

Mr Prez & all, since we are talking about the charity for the kids, this is something to spice you guys up ...

Monday May 31, 2010
Siblings warded after eating soil
By EMBUN MAJID

SUNGAI PETANI: Four siblings who allegedly ate soil for a week to stave off hunger are undergoing treatment at the intensive care unit of a hospital here.

They had vomited and complained of stomach pain earlier.

The girls, aged seven, eight, nine and 10, were taken to the Sultan Abdul Halim Hospital after one of them revealed their condition to Jerai MIC chairman R. Supra¬maniam last Friday.

The matter came to light when the eldest girl was taken by her 70-year-old grandfather to a medical camp organised by the division at Kampung Padang Lembu, some 20km from here.

The girl suddenly vomited when the doctor was about to examine her.

Supramaniam said he was about to send the girl to the hospital when she told him her three younger sisters at home were also in pain.

“She told me that they had eaten soil as they were very hungry and there was not enough food for them,” he added.

Supramaniam said he visited their house and found the girls groaning in pain.

“They were weak and could barely move,” he added.

The children’s mother, who had just given birth 10 days ago, and their father were at home then.

Supramaniam said he then took the children to the hospital and they were admitted to the intensive care unit.

“I was told by a doctor who examined them that the children must undergo blood transfusion since they had eaten soil for a week.

“The girls are in stable condition but have to be warded for a week,” he said.

It is learnt that their father, who is in his 30s, was unemployed and the family relied on food donated by neighbours.
However, the amount of food was insufficient to feed the family.

Supramaniam said he would monitor the health condition of the children and assist the family.

astroboy;527997 said:

If you decide to pass out due to bubbles, I will put u on my lazy chair in my office........just dont puke all over the carpet...........:eek::eek::eek:

we shall fix a time so everyone can meet up at a same time,the committee also no need be there from 2pm-1am.

Dear all,

Thank you all for the support given towards this event. We are pleased to announce that we had exceeded our expectations. Your generosity is very much appreciated. All in , the collections for the donation is RM69,790 with RM13,000 collected through our club. It has opened some eyes and also some doors for us by associating our club with events such as this. Like our founder Albundy once told me to take this club to greater heights and with assistance from all of us together we shall.
We will be making another announcement soon in due time. Stay tuned. Thank you.. MAJULAH KELAB BMW MALAYSIA :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom