1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Hello All!! 630i (E63) New Owner Here! :-)

Discussion in '6 Series' started by zachx85, Aug 3, 2013.

1. zachx85

zachx85 Club Guest

Hi all.I'm Zach.I bought a second hand 630i (E63 I think - the coupe one, not the convertible one) late last year in the UK and it's coming here to Malaysia this October along with my sister (used her AP hehe!).The reason I bought this car is because my lovely wife really likes it so much - the car I ever owned was Kancil 660EX, then Mazda "Astina" 323, then my current CR-V (year 2000) & Kia Spectra (2003) - I've never owned BMW before, and I've heard that the maintenance, servicing can be quite costly for this beauty - hence, all your inputs, advice on owning & taking care of my 630i ARE TRULY APPRECIATED!

KroftiKLM likes this.
  2. Val101

Val101 Club Guest

Nice Car bro...you really need to Manja that Car anyway...i used to have Partial Custody of one, but it's the 645 SMG, Great but like i saiid...you really need to Manja the car...i can say i stay and sometimes work in Kajang also, but normally send the Car to MZONE Kota Damansara for Service.

3. antiquer

antiquer Official Member

Welcome to the forum.. very nice u have there.. im sure our forummers will help u with your question.
    Cheers

4. Volvos525i

Volvos525i Club guest

Welcome to the forum bro nice ride you there...

aku ada stereng lori dan bas......kau ada....

5. moots

moots Club Guest

wow zach....that is quite a jump....

The first fact you will have to face is...BMWs are not cheap to own...more so the latest six....
    2nd fact....see above

from malaysia boleh to jap to korean to the german mean machine....i must say this is a leap instead but i take it you have done research and troll thru the web on BMW ownership....congrats

workshop suggestion - ah foo in damansara kayu ara...search for the address and contact
    not too many six owners in this forum..so info is not too readily available especially on the specifics to this model...

but generally we will throw ideas to resolve issues when posted...
    welcome....

6. zachx85

zachx85 Club Guest

Thanks all for the feedback!

Well, yea it's quite a jump for me, but what the heck; once you get older, you're financially a bit more stable, you just wanna try new stuffs - and since this made my wife really happy, I'm also "happier" - I'm sure you guys know what I mean he he he!

And yes, I've trolled the i'net for info on owning BMWs, esp. the six - and 1 of the important thing I found out is this forum is the most active & more "legit" compared to others, thus here I am!

Again, thanks for the welcome wishes & info, esp on the workshops - I'll scour around some more as Damansara is quite far (and the traffic to get there!) for me - trying to find one in Bangi/Kajang/Putrajya/Semenyih area but if there's none, Damansara will it be (hopefully the missus won't wanna tag along on the trip & ask me to drop her off at The Curve :afraid:)

And hopefully when the car reaches our shore, the first thing I'd do is to be an official member here - maybe then I'll free myself up once a while to join this forumer's TT-session and events etc :eek:

Cheers! :)

7. yihtze2

yihtze2 Club Guest

Hi! How is the performance for 630i vs 645i is it with huge different in terms of handling and speed? I am sourcing for this car too. Please advice!

8. malayaman2003

malayaman2003 New Member

hi all, im a newbie as well.. just purchased a 645ci (2006) about a week ago.. hope i can get some tips and pointers on maintaining the car. maybe i could join one of ur TTS soon. Take care all..

9. zachx85

zachx85 Club Guest

Hi again all!

Just received my car from the port (came from the UK) - need advice immediately: where to get a good BMW battery eh? Any battery supplier can be used? Estimate price? I'm staying in Bandar Baru Bangi - Kajang area also is good for me. Thanks!

Battery spec:

S: 61 21 8 381 765
    AW : 61 21 8 381 764
    118668 - 10 DE

10. SilverBullet

SilverBullet Club Guest

630Ci N52B30 190 kW (255 hp) 300 N·m (220 lb·ft) @2500–4000
    645Ci N62B44 245 kW (329 hp) 450 N·m (330 lb·ft) @3600

significant difference in performance based on those figures 3.0L I6 vs 4.4L V8..also significant difference in road tax..hehe..I would get an e92 m3 if can afford the 4.4L V8 roadtax..however the e63 is one sexy beast!

11. Jay Mohan

Jay Mohan New Member

12. SKYjack

SKYjack Club Guest

Hi Jay. As for battery , need to get Din100. I suggest Varta, cost RM600/-. It will fit nicely at battery compartment.
    100AH 800CCA

#12 SKYjack, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020