1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

Discussion in 'E90, E91, E92, E93' started by KL2DC, Aug 4, 2006.

1. E46Fanatic

E46Fanatic Club Guest

It was a great E9x meetup today! Trying to remember.. the fellas who showed up were:

1) JPB
    2) DY
    3) AB
    4) BlackE90
    5) E46F
    6)MeinAuto
    7) CK
    8) Rachel
    9) Walrus_Lord
    10) BeermerS3 + Friend
    11) BMFive
    12)..?

Anyway the real treat was the taxi rides with the new E92 DCT M3.... and the bonus was BeemerS3's Porsche Carrera S showed up to give the M3 a good chase.. I wanted to take more pics including an incar video of these 2 german beauties blasting through the penchala link, but I was enjoying myself too much and forgot. Along one of the runs, we came across a souped out Nissan S15, and played with it as well. That was a bonus :)

Here is a pic of the M3 and the 911 after one of the runs with us BS'ing on the side. Anyone else has more pics? The E92 M3 is a absolutely lovely car, perfect blend of a daily driver and a Porsche eater when you feel like it. I'll let the guys give their view of the runs.

Also on the way back, had a short tango with CK and Rachel (she drives jolly fast for a chick!) and a extended one with Walrus Lord's E46 330i. What a blast.. My adrenalin fix for the day :wink:

[​IMG]

2. Schwepps

Schwepps Senior Member

Waww...great report and beautiful pix E46F! You guys are such quintessential 3-er enthusiasts. This club rocks! :top:

3. David Yong

David Yong Club Guest

I am the only one who is fortunate enough to have the opportunity to sit in both cars for the run :top:. No doubt a Porsche is a nice car; with good branding, attractive look, etc. But.... I can tell you that our friend BeemerS3 next choice is going to be an M3!

Let me summarize the review basing on my experience sitting in both the cars:

1) Gear Transmission - the DCT in M3 is superb! You can hardly feel the gear changes. It is silky smooth.

2) Power/Performance - well from the horsepower and torque it is definitely the M3 wins. The pull in the M3 is amazing. Practically you can feel it at every gear.

3) Handling - I would say both the cars are with good handling. The only different is that the M3 is on the softer side yet with firm & fantastic handling and the Porsche is on the stiffer side. And this is why I have my point number 4 below.

4) Comfort - I have to admit that the M3 is better off too here. Actually when it is on cruising, you just don't know that you are inside a M car with such a lovely and powerful engine under the hood that is so readily to take on anyone that "cucuk" it from behind. But when you gun it... WOW.... everything is so different. It has the characteristic of a normal LUXURY car and POWERFUL when you want it to be!

Anyway, if I have the money, I would get the e92 DCT M3 for my day to day commute and a Porsche Carrera S for my show off session!

By the way, if BeemerS3 is reading this, pls don't be sad bro. Your Porsche is good. I don't mind having it if you are giving it to me for free :rolleyes:

Thanks to BeemerS3 for the ride in your nice Porsche. Same to meinauto as usual who taxi ride us too those days in your e92 335i and now in your newly acquired WONDERFUL ride :top: Thanks!

4. Juan Powerblow

Juan Powerblow Club Guest

I had loads of fun, and yes the E92 M3 DCT is a THE ultimate driving machine! I had been taxi-ed b4 in the latest M3, an E90 4-door version but I must say, the E92 version really looks the part.

5. JCKL

JCKL Club Guest

Yes, it's fun to meet everyone again after a long while. Too bad I didn't stay long enough for the taxi rides!

6. GHS

GHS Club Guest

Nice! More pics pls? :D

7. astroboy

astroboy Well-Known Member

Had to slot the meet into my busy Saturday chores, 1st to reach, 1st to leave, had to miss the taxi rides.. :(

Managed to contact them again when they were taking the rides and hearing them scream over the phone... joy? fun? excited? :eek: That must be more exiting than taking any theme park rides.. :D

8. danc

danc Club Guest

Woah man, looks like I missed another great TT, you lucky b*st*rds :)

9. racheltoh

racheltoh Club Guest

Definitely an experience for me.

[​IMG]

The birds also like the car ;p
    [​IMG]

and not forgetting to welcome a new official member: BeemerS3

10. E46Fanatic

E46Fanatic Club Guest

Rach, your car was blowing out quite a bit of carbon from the tail pipes just between gear shifts in our little run. Judging from the amount of carbon expelled, you haven't been tekaning your car enuff :). Engine and exhaust system/cats had a good cleaning that Sat afternoon and the car should feel all spritey afterwards..

Mine was probably decarbonized that afternoon as well. Car felt good after.

11. Juan Powerblow

Umm... E46F being blown away by Rachel's tailpipes?! There's something about the way the girl drives not all of us know about then, heh!

So, the BMW Performance exhaust how? Obermaier is bringing in 2 units for other customers. We can wait for feedback first I suppose but I'm pretty keen on this.

12. meinauto

meinauto Club Guest

if you guys can get 5 people to commit to the performance exhaust, I think Freddie can get you a good price

13. E46Fanatic

E46Fanatic Club Guest

The last quote I got from Stuttgart on the perf exhaust was RM4600 for the BMW Perf exhaust and OEM clamping bush.

I wonder how much Fred can get it for under a group buy..

14. Juan Powerblow

That's a very very good price! Looks like it's between Eddie and Freddie, hehehe.

Freddie hasn't come back to me with the price for group buy, I will check with him tomorrow. In the meantime, E90ers!, please feel free to indicate whether you keen or not! If unsure, please check the following website and turn up the volume to become sure...

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/accessories/performance/phase_3/start.html

15. meinauto

meinauto Club Guest

do you know if this is air or sea freight? ie if say ordered tomorrow, how long would you have to wait?

16. E46Fanatic

E46Fanatic Club Guest

They didn't specify, but they do sea freight container shipments of parts every month except for Jan, Feb where they take a breather from what Eddie told me. Meaning it if you catch their monthly order date right, you'll likely have to wait for 1 month before it arrives. I'm also pretty sure, the price quoted is confirmed order price i.e. order on demand where they don't bear the risk of stocking the parts in their showroom for sale.

Freddie is more knowledgeable on our cars tho, and he's friendly and gives excellent service. So if the price is similar or slightly higher, I think its still worthwhile to get it from Freddie.

17. walrus_lord

walrus_lord Club Guest

hey bro powerblow....can also check the perf exhaust for my e46 330i?

Tks meinauto for the experience - i guess we all went back all wet (in our pants and in our dreams!)

E46F, please be a bit more civilised on the road...it was difficult to keep up with you....:listen:

18. Juan Powerblow

The BMW Performance exhaust is only available in E90s and the new 1-series from what I gather from the website.

In fact, I'm in a bit of a bind because whilst the Performance Air Intake is listed as available for the 323i, the exhaust is only listed for 335i, 330i and 325i. Why has the 323i been specifically omitted here? Does it mean that BMW does not recommend this for the 323i becos no improvement in performance or BMW doesn't want to promote this for the 323i cos it would then outperform a stock 325i? If it's the latter, I'm definitely going for it, heh. As it is the performance air intake is the best 3.8 grand I have spent this year!

19. walrus_lord

walrus_lord Club Guest

Here are more pics of the meinauto's M3.....:top:

20. Juan Powerblow

I just checked with someone on my queries and was told based on the "official" ETK, the BMW Performance exhaust system is not even available for the 325i i.e. it is only available for the 330i. This is contrary to what the official website represented. It's all getting very confusing and how I wish I could get in touch with the BMW Performance engineers directly for a clear answer.