1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BMW Msia Car Complaints - Where to.......

Discussion in 'BMW Talk' started by Siva74, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Siva74

Siva74 Club Guest

If any members had any disappointing experience owning a sub-standard new BMW car/bike or a horrible experience servicing your BMWs at our local dealerships and have been given the run around by the dealerships please voice your complaints to:Gerard PilsBMW Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.P.O. Box 112,43007 Kajang,Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.Fax: +603 2082 0082 BMW Group MalaysiaAftersales Customer Relationship Manager3501, Jalan Teknokrat 563000 CyberjayaSelangor Darul Ehsan, MalaysiaTel GL: +60 (3) - 8887 - 3888Tel DL: +60 (3) - 8887 - 3867Fax: +60 (3) - 8887 - 3861Email: bmwvoice@bmw.com.myAnd send a CC copy to German HQ. Norbert ReithoferBMW AGPetuelring 130D - 80788 MunichGermanycustomer.service@bmw.comPower to the people!:listen::top:

2. goks

goks Club Guest

How do you email BMW malaysia? I prefer to try BMW malaysia before before escalating, as we may not get the results expected.

3. Siva74

Siva74 Club Guest

Dear GOKS,
    Hi there. Why don't you try the following link to send an email to them.
    http://bmw.com.my/com/en/general/contact/contact.html

4. BenedictC

BenedictC Club Guest

Gold, how did your complain go? I'm curious of BMW's response.

5. BenedictC

BenedictC Club Guest

Sorry, stupid spell check. I mean GOKS :eek:

6. Siva74

Siva74 Club Guest

Just recheck my post, I have updated it with the local BMW Msia email address!:top:

7. 9339

9339 Club Guest

Dear siva,
    thanks for the valuable info, besides do you have bmw german contact, i would like to cc to german aswell.
    i has drop many complaint to bmw malaysia, they are "tai-chi" master, i feel waste time talking to them, i heard some owners complaint up to german and get new replacement car.

other then file report to bmw malaysia, who else i can go to...

thanks in advance.

8. Siva74

Siva74 Club Guest

Dear 9339,
    The second email id takes you to the customer services HQ in Germany. I've put up the BMW AG Germany address. I have also updated the contact details for the Msian BMW after sales service ( you might want to check it out :top:)

9. Sylvia

Sylvia New Member

Hi Siva,

What about the BMW Malaysia and BMW Group Germany also can't address our concern on the car's safety issue? Talking to dealer is useless and hopeless.

10. solomon5010

solomon5010 New Member

any members at jb?

11. Sync

Sync Club Guest

i think that complain also wont help much . Consumer rights in Malaysia is non existant unless you are some big shot or giving AN , ingress or wearnes huge business every year.
    for me , i regretted getting my car from ingress from sales advisor till service , nothing is good .
    Went in for 20 point check with everything in working condition , when collect car , bluetooth module rosak . Did i complain? yes but they said you have to pay a minimum of RM 1800 exclusive labor . Whats the used of complain when they pulled out their thick skin and deny everything

12. Lim Hain

Lim Hain New Member

Dear Sir/Mdm,

We are your customer, have purchase 1 unit BMW motor vehicle from you on 18/01/2018. The details of the BMW motor vehicle as following :-

Model : BMW X5 xDrive40e- CKD

We had make a complaint with BMW Group Malaysia on 20/01/2021 regarding the vehicle’s battery issue. Recently, our director don’t have the vehicle go to work because the vehicle already placed at your service center (Auto Bavaria-Sungai Besi) around 2 weeks (From 08/01/2021 to 20/01/2021) and you still don’t have a best solution to resolve the issue. We refer to the page 27 from your BMW Ownership Advantages, it mention “Your new vehicle enjoys a contractual warranty provided by the BMW Authorised Dealer for a period of 5 years commencing from the date of first registration or the day of “commissioning”, without limitation of mileage. This warranty only covers repair or replacement at the BMW Authorised Dealer’s discretion, of ANY PART of the vehicle found to be defective in materials or workmanship”, that’s mean we entitled to enjoys the repair or replacement without any charges from you but your officer said we are not entitled because the mileage of the vehicle excess 100,000 KM and hybrid battery are covered by a six (6) year warranty, limited to a maximum distance of 100,000 KM. When we decide purchase the vehicle from you, your sales advisor (Ms. Wong) didn’t explain clearly to us. After we purchase from you, we just have this book of BMW Ownership Advantages to refer regarding the BMW Malaysia Warranty, the book don’t have mention clearly about the warranty for hybrid battery, so that’s unfair to us. BMW is a luxury car company, why will let the mistake occur? But we can accept and make payment to you if the charges of services and replacement is not expensive. So on the same day, we called and requested from you to issue a quotation to us because we want to know which part of the vehicle has problem and how much for the charges of services and replacement.

As we know, we’ve sent the vehicle to your service center for services and hybrid battery replacement on 01/2020 and you don’t have billing us or give us a listing for the services and replacement because of the services and the hybrid battery for the vehicle still under warranty on 01/2020. Now, we wish to request from you a list of services and replacement that we visited your service center on 01/2020. Refer to your quotation (Service Estimate No. 55518) that you emailed us on 20/01/2021, the quotation that amounting to RM 28,447.30 really shocking us. We refer to the quotation, total replacement is 4 units of hybrid battery. Due to we have replaced the hybrid batteries on 01/2020 and the hybrid batteries have problem again on 01/2021, are your battery not durable? Please provide us a guarantee period if we decide to change the 4 units of hybrid battery as shown in your quotation, we already loss confidence at your hybrid batteries. We very worry after replace the 4 units of new hybrid battery, then just can durable for 1 year or have problem again when we driving another 20,000 KM.

If we want all the hybrid battery of the vehicle change to standard battery, can you process it? Because the pricing for 1 unit of hybrid battery too expensive and your hybrid battery not durable after we encountered and experience it.

Kindly please reply us as soon as possible. Our director don't have vehicle go to work since the vehicle still in your service center. Hope you will settle our problem.

Thank you for your cooperation.

#12 Lim Hain, Jan 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    Chun Hao likes this.
  13. enkil

enkil Official Member

The car cannot run at all with the dead hybrid battery? Normal engine mode

14. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Hope u sent it to BMW Malaysia.

15. RK68

RK68 New Member

You really have to write lots of official complaints and get it acknowledged. Keep pushing. It can be very frustrating.

I can share my experience with BMW.

My brand new F30 purchased in 2017 stalled on the road the very next day after collection. They pointed out the problem was due to a faulty fuel pump. They changed it twice. But the problem was not so straight forward. It was not the fuel pump. It was more than that. They could not solve the problem even at 8 months. The car keeps stalling while driving. During that period the car was in their yard most of the time. Yes, they gave a courtesy car (always a lower series) but I was not enjoying MY car.

They just take so much time in getting anything moving.

I had to make numerous official written complaints to BMW Malaysia. Long letters. Nothing much happens there. Complaints to the dealer. Time just passed.

Luckily my problem was isolated to the particular car stalling issue. In the end, the dealer finally agreed to buy back the car and replaced another F30 again.

Now in my 4th year of having the BMW, one thing is very glaring. Their efficiency of service attendance and ability to keep to time is very poor. They just take ages to resolve an issue. Whether its AB, Quill or Ingress to me they all have similar DNA.

But, I do enjoy the car very much and the pleasure of the BMW drive.

They just need to follow the Japenese sprit on after-sales service.

16. Fc1

Fc1 New Member

Hi, do you know what’s the latest email for Germany HQ? I tried to email them but it got rejected due to ‘address couldn’t be found’. Thank you

17. Chun Hao

Chun Hao New Member

Similar experience felt for this ridiculous "PREMIUM" BMW-X5.

It was supposed to be a car bought for luxury and premium experience to be felt.

We've got this same model X5 about the same time as Lim.

Within 2 years this car has spent close to 6 months in repairing, not to even mention it has been sent in for at least 5 times.

Every single time when the issue arise, it's either the braking system, engine system, the suspension system or the hybrid system goes haywire in the middle of driving. After various rounds repeating this vicious cycle, to me... the brand BMW is just a brand with empty words.

We've got this car sent in again for it's braking issue recently on the 3rd May in the PJ Ingress Auto servicing center. The braking system failed while we're driving downhill. Thank god I am still alive to at least having this sharing made to the other BMW owners.

After checking with the service center, the car remains untouched even on the third week.

Complaints are done for several times. It's time to escalate this to the national level.

The next time anybody tells me BMW is a good car, I'll tell them to think otherwise.

18. Ariel Radhi

Ariel Radhi New Member

Hi, may I know the email address that I can refer to in order to issue out complaints. I have scroll around BMW malaysia and Auto Ingress, there is no email address post it there