1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Your thoughts on this unit if f10 528i 2015?

Discussion in 'F10, F11, F07' started by aliluya, Aug 5, 2020.

1. aliluya

aliluya New Member

Hi all bmw sifus, been searching bmw f10 for sometime. I am eyeing one unit f10 2015 year 528i lci. Mileage clock 80k and warranty end this year end. Full service history with bmw sc and some service are late.

Below are the claim part record:
    Year make 2015. *Merimen No Record Claim* Warranty claim for - engine mounting, hydraulic damper - AC blower housing - Cylinder head cover leak - oil cap etc - rotary shaft pulley and clutch - full flow filter - battery change - Ball joint, tensuon strut.

Tested the unit. So far rev it ok. Went thru uneven road..no sound of rattle or absorber noise.

My question is with such claim history, is there any part which is consider serious claim and may cause long term faulty or side effect even after replace part?
    Late service is it bad?
    Consider a good unit?

Thank you in advance

2. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Sound like the unit had sorted out quite a few issues, which if not addressed, will hurt ur wallet sooner or later. Yes those are mostly the common issues owners would face. With the replacement, the car should be good for another 3-5yrs, dependent on ur style of driving. but as a rule of thumb, come its 5th year, or 100,000km mark, major replacement of parts (preventive mostly, but if u want to prolong, nothing is gonna stop u) need to be performed, to have it drive as how u drove it during ur test. Only big ticket item that might recur is the head cover leak issue.

how late is 'late'? at times, the cars are due, but SC is full, hence the 'lateness'. But at least u hv all the full service history. I presume ur getting the unit thru Premium Selection, so try ur luck in asking for an extended warranty for another year or 2. Good unit? sounds like it.

3. aliluya

aliluya New Member

Thank you @gendong for your comment. Mind to share the major replacement parts that you refer to? Wish to cost in a fund for some refurbish or for just in case.

Not too sure about their definition of lateness they referring to. Will check more details with them again.

4. enkil

enkil Official Member

Beautiful machine.

5. aliluya

aliluya New Member

yes, they are. but want to be cautious prior to getting the car.

6. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

7. aliluya

aliluya New Member

did go through this thread. lots of good pricing info there, thank you. Picking up this ride next week, anyone can share which brand recommended for the reverse and front camera + the upsize of android monitor? i was thinking add this 2 after warranty over on Oct 2020.

For Front brake pad, left 3k km on idrive, shall i change earlier or just follow the idrive notification?

8. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Congrats bro! hope you have a wonderful time with your new ride! for the brake pads, try to get the seller/dealer to change it for you. pujuk la a bit hehehe...... anyway you may change the pads anytime by now.

on the cam and android monitor, not sure which brand but plenty of them on mudah. mine is original setup, so i hv no idea on the aftermarket ones. Some sellers also sell original parts, but with a steeper price point.

9. aliluya

aliluya New Member

thank you Gendong. ok, will change the pads myself. didnt manage to pujuk the salesguy. haha. getting original brake pads myself or going straight to outside reliable workshop to change it?

as for the reversecam and monitor, will do further survey.

now busy checking out the ride. some delay, so just got the car ytd.

10. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

if ur the DIY type, it wld b a breeze to change the brake pads. if not, let your preferred workshop do it. normally you would have to change the brake pad sensor too.

Post some pics of ur ride bro..... hopw ur enjoying it.