1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Want to Ask about Fuel Injector Cleaner

Discussion in 'Engine Tech' started by PCW, Apr 25, 2010.

1. PCW

PCW Club Guest

Dear All Sifus and taikos,I just wanna ask whether anyone of you have tried this Fuel Injector Cleaner? I just came across this product by chance, and it seems rather impressive This is how it works:Add to Gas Every Oil ChangeContains concentrated detergents that help dissolve and remove harmful carbon, gum and varnish deposits on fuel injectors. Without cleaning, deposits can lead to hard starts, lost acceleration and rough idling. This product is made with Jet fuel, a high-quality carrier of active ingredients. This product is safe for all gasoline engines., it claims to be able to :•Restore lost power and acceleration•Smooth rough idle and eliminate tough starts•Save gas by cleaning fuel injectorsSo, would like to know whther anyone here have tried this product and does it reall work? Any negative or positive implications after use?If, so, which brand is the best? This product is from the brand "STP".Thanks alot in advance for all your kind advicves:burnout:

2. B33mEr

B33mEr Club Guest

I think it's better if you just fill up your car with a couple of tankful of Shell V-Power or Caltex with techron ... They have the additives in the fuel albeit in a very diluted form :)

Also Jet Fuel is actually a high grade kerosene ... Is it really safe for our cars???

If you really want to clean the injectors do use a BMW approved fuel injection cleaner and make sure it has the BMW Part number 88 88 6 900 307 on it's label or on the website :D

http://www.alamomotorsports.com/Redline/redadditives.htm :-
    SI-2 -- contains the same powerful high-temperature detergents and synthetic upper cylinder lubricants as in Red Line SI-1, but is packaged in a convenient 6oz container designed to treat one tank of fuel. Red Line SI-2 is recognized by BMW as providing intake system cleanliness for unlimited mileage and equivalent to BMW Part number 88 88 6 900 307.

The other route (tho expensive) using a ultrasound (ultrasonic?) fuel injector cleaning machine .... Cost is around RM50 per injector but it's the most effective and proven method.

3. bmyotaE36jz

bmyotaE36jz Club Guest

COOL.:41:...Hi brother 'B33mEr'. Where to get the SI-2 in KL or Selangor area? How much will it cost?

4. B33mEr

B33mEr Club Guest

Kakimotor do stock Redline SI-1 (Eneos should have it too)... difference between SI-1 (15 oz) and SI-2 (6 oz) is in the packaging according to redline but ... price according to kakimotor website is RM55 :D

5. PCW

PCW Club Guest

Bro B33mEr,

Thank alot for your advice, have you tried SI-2 before? Is the result noticeable?
    I am driving an E36, 328 1998 model,it should be ok for my car to go through the injector cleansing?

Really appreciate it.

6. bikerz

bikerz Club Guest

where to do those ultra thinggy cleaning? u have ur fav w/shop?

7. B33mEr

B33mEr Club Guest

I havent tried SI-2 or any of the additives ... I don't see the need to in my case but maybe i will when i clock another 10k miles or so ...

There's one in SS19 Subang Jaya (it's the row behind shell) ... Another one is auto child and there's one in Sunway.
    Mind you i have never tried any of their service before ... So do get more info before committing.

http://www.autochild.com/services_fuelinj.html

http://www.epmotorclub.com/index.php?topic=2675.0 (with pics summore :D)

Charges are RM50 per-injector

8. kayzhen911

kayzhen911 Club Guest

dudes....
    if u really wanna get power & fuel efficiency together?
    why not go to my grp...
    in SEARCH of....
    best option yet.
    guaranteed
    injector cleaner wont even come near, trust me
    my product tried and tested in my E39.

9. Herbert

Herbert Well-Known Member

If you still want to continue trying to push your product in this forum, I won't be surprise that you will be ban by the Committee member.

10. bimmer73

bimmer73 Club Guest

hahahahahah. Real joker la you.