1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Time for engine oil change

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by 1996E36328i, Dec 21, 2005.

1. jsen

jsen Club Guest

2. leakwoon

leakwoon Club Guest

autochild huh...

pls keep us update

3. jsen

jsen Club Guest

will do.. wah, u so free ar, i replied where, u also replied where.. any thread i went, i saw u.. hahahaa. good le, tats wat sharing is all about. cheers man..

good day..

4. Mouse

Mouse Club Guest

there is 2 review on autochild in motortrader end of last month issue (mayb u guys wanna read through the review) the gal brought a second hand wira and send to autochild for complete oil flush and change for all mechanical system, cost her 2K and she is happy with the work. (that is what i read)

5. vincent

vincent Club Guest

i went to auto child also , my exprerience is .............. dont know how to say la , my advice is go and see what they can do for u there and what i did was do a decrab , engine flush 4times untill my engine oil clear , and change to royal purple fully syn what and i did pay rm 650 for all of that and it took about 4 to 5 hours job wit 4 person doing that , that best part is a kwai lo doing the dirty for me, first time in my life i see that hehe, the result ........never feel my car like that before , very free reving now , silent (now i dare to rev the engine )last time when rev car cannot go and noisy feel like the engine dropping out , but now huh damm confident ! by the way ,just know that my car can rev to 5000 rpm then change gear wow nice feeling .

my advise again go and check it out and just do it , at first i feel wow rm 600 bucks BUT when your car is ready , take your car for a ride , go to the usual road u drive then you will see the diffrence. i drive 318 e36 auto ,

just to share ........................

6. jsen

jsen Club Guest

haha.. clap clap. anohter satisfied cust.. dude, have u tried the deodorisation? nice le.. bad smell all hilang for me..!

7. GREEN KILLER

GREEN KILLER Club Guest

4 persons attending to JUST an oil change??
    rm 650 for all of that .....
    it took about 4 to 5 hours job ....

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I wish I was there to witness the joke of the year.

WAKE UPPP, bro.

8. 1996E36328i

1996E36328i Club Guest

650?? :eek: I did the same thing at my workshop 2 weeks ago before my gearbox broke down except not using Royal Purple this time(previously yes and I don't feel any difference with or without royal purple now), costed much cheaper than 650 and took 2.5hours and a 1 man job. Results? Similiar experience that you had now and I had before , car was very responsive. It's because of the clearing of the rubbish in the engine that made the car responsive. I strongly believe it's not the oil that made the difference in our cars which is already old and never been flushed before, the difference felt is because of the flushing of the engine.

9. crusher

crusher Club Guest

I did the same thing at autochild, I doubt if the oil made any difference.
    But it cost me a lot more than 650.00 ...

10. GREEN KILLER

GREEN KILLER Club Guest

11. 1996E36328i

1996E36328i Club Guest

Wow. more than 650? That's very expensive :beaten:

I've asked around and some of you here even PMed me, the way i look at it, this Autochild charges are very very expensive. I think I'll give it a pass on this workshop and stick to my trusty old mechanic. I've also heard a story about a recent customer they had which the boss himself told the customer off straight in the face that if he is not willing to pay the charges than don't come to their workshop :beaten:

Hey, anyone want to try out using this oil called Adnoc? A friend of mine is selling it and I've seen the oil, looks ok to me and he told me can give bulk discount. I think I will give this oil a try the next round. Anyone interested to try it out? I think I can't put the pricing here right? PM me if interested so we can get it in bulk :) I don't wish to spend excessive money on oils now especially at our current economic situation :getyourfactsright:

12. vincent

vincent Club Guest

for rm 650 flushing the engine 5 times (thats means 4liter x5 ) plus the additive 5 bottles also , on top of that cleaning the injectors also , using 2 bottles of the additive and the royal purple fully syn . u tell me where to find this kind of service at this price , if have i will do it my next service there .

and also what is green killer toking about ab not charging so expensive? for an first service for my fren car also rm 450++, onli oil change and oil filter and some routine checks ,

anyway tis is a BMW CLUB MALAYSIA , WE ARE SUPPOSE TO SHARE OUR VIEW ON THE THINGS WE HAVE DONE IN OUR CARS , I HAVING THE GOOD INTENTION , JUST TO SHARE MY EXPRERIENCE IN AUTO CHILD

must check this site out all the answer of good and bad , level of protection of and will answer, u be suprise .

13. vincent

vincent Club Guest

14. vincent

vincent Club Guest

sorry forgot to paste the link on the first post ....

15. 2cents

2cents Club Guest

Vincent, if u will b so kind, could u pls post da breakdown of da charges in ur bill? :D

16. vincent

vincent Club Guest

engine oil service

engine oil service A(hot flush ) 120.00 120.00
    mag 1 motor flush(extra one bottle 4 extra flush) 24.00
    adnoc 20w50 x 15 liters 9.00per litre 135.0
    oil filter 39.00
    royal purple engine oil 4 liter 180.00
    de carb combustin chamber . 1 free flush 99.00
    03 deoderize interior F.O.C foc

total bill rm 597.00

17. GREEN KILLER

GREEN KILLER Club Guest

vincent,

yes, confirmed, you are.

18. ICEMAN 68

ICEMAN 68 Founding Member

fuyoo 600 or 650 ...( No comments )

let me see how much have i cost to maintain my car so far

every 45 days -- engine oil Nasa GD 11 RM 55 + Nasa treatment RM 8 X2
    total up to RM 71 ...labour FOC

so a brief breakdown as below
    number of times for every 45 days = 12 months ( 8 times )
    amount spent RM 71 X 8 times = RM 568

well still way below it and the result is saticfactory as when ever i check my dipstick the oil is still looking like new ....and infact my mechanic too kindda sad when he see's the engine oil going into the container.

well i believe by a regular oil change too you may be able to obtain or drain out all the unwanted particles and so on that had been there as due to excessive usage and so on.

well i'm an 45days oil changing freak ...

Note : my oil filter will be changed every 3rd time of this process.

also i have clocked over 40K doing this and never had any failure of overheating of the engine and so on.

this is just a humble test that i've done towards obtaining a smoother ride and so on ..

IT's JUST ME ..

19. jsen

jsen Club Guest

20. Mouse

Mouse Club Guest

jsen & vincent, both of u been to autochild. do u find the quality of the work and product used is worth the money and do u guys recommend it to other members?