1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Should I accept the offer? 523i F10 year 2010

Discussion in 'F10, F11, F07' started by Mrs.Soo, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Mrs.Soo

Mrs.Soo New Member

Received an offer recently.
    Friend wants to let go his 523i
    Year 2010 with mileage 95k. As per his info service fully done on time. His offer price is 120k. Is this price reasonable?

Plan to buy this unit for my dad for normal use.

2. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

The price quoted is pretty reasonable, which is the market asking price at the moment. but wouldnt hurt to nego it down.

Since its a 7 year old car, and past the warranty period from manufacturer, by now it would require quite a long list of preventive maintenance to be performed (now knowing what service has been completed), to ensure smooth and uninterrupted driving experience. Rule of thumb is to put aside approx 10% of the purchase price for repairs in the first year of ownership, just in case.

Share us the outcome ya. all the best!

3. Mrs.Soo

Mrs.Soo New Member

10% of purchase price 12k for repair before use. More than I expected what I prepare is just few thousands instead , hemmm .....

aoch88 likes this.
  4. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

its just a ballpark figure. since u know the seller, perhaps u can ask him for the service history i.e. look at which part has he changed, which service did he performed, or even where did he sent his car for service. if everything is in order, perhaps ur budget for repairs are justified.

things to look for are like, last oil change, condition of tyres, oil leaks, is the ride too 'bumpy', dents n scratches etc.....

5. aoch88

aoch88 Club Guest

Depending on your expectations as certain wear & tear parts can continue to be used even if it’s not in optimal state. For example the absorbers, worn off bushes, engine mounts, etc. Some are critical and must be replaced when it fails like ignition coils, rubber hoses, leakage on certain parts.

I don’t think you’ll end up with 10k as there aren’t much issues with the N52 engine on that car but if unlucky things happen like compressor & aircond related parts, engine, gearbox issues, etc then it will obviously cost a lot.