1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

My E39 528i Cruiser

Discussion in 'The Showroom' started by insomniac, Apr 11, 2011.

1. insomniac

insomniac Club Guest

Got my car in late Sept '10 and have been working on it to get it looking back to a relatively good condition.Got the car in a maroonish colour which i'm not too particularly fond of. But the car was in relatively good shape overall.[​IMG][​IMG]Sent car in for new paint job late last year. And it was a sorry sight to see it all taped up, sandpapered down with the trimmings and lights all removed.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Day after spraying was completed, prior to polishing. Colour selected was from Adler paints and actually is a Honda colour. Went for the version which was a shade darker which makes the car look black at certain angles and under dim lighting.[​IMG][​IMG]Love this new colour a hell lot more than the maroon colour previously. :top:The completed car looking good.[​IMG]The picture was taken before CNY, got some coming upgrades and i'll post pictures of these later on.

2. Eggie86

Eggie86 Club Guest

Nice shots bro. :top:

3. bmw7833

bmw7833 Club Guest

Are u going to sell the car?

No offense..but too many members sell their car after show off the car progress here, no matter it is e30/e36/e46/e39, just read too many.

It is a sign, may be.

Anyway, sweet looking e39!

4. insomniac

insomniac Club Guest

Hahahaha... nope... definitely not selling. There have been a few times that people have put their contact numbers on my windscreen to call them if i wanted to sell. But no plans to sell as I enjoy driving this car too much. :)

Also just set of 18" style 32's off a guy on Mudah and I've sent them for refurbishing. Will be putting those shoes on some time later this week.

5. bmw7833

bmw7833 Club Guest

Just a prediction bro.

18" style 32? Non staggered right? I also met the guy for the rims before..hehehh..

6. insomniac

insomniac Club Guest

Yup... non staggered... but its gonna look different. ;)

7. insomniac

insomniac Club Guest

Here are some additional photos recently taken.

This shot i think would give a better indication of the colour variation from different angles.

[​IMG]

New Projector39 Hella style headlights with Orion V2 angel eyes from Umnitza. Old headlight had a broken projector mounting which was rattling each time i drove over a bump and the old headlights looked really worn & yellowed out.

[​IMG]

With lights on...

[​IMG]

From an angle...

[​IMG]

Replaced old faded logo with a carbon fibre look version which actually goes quite well with the overall look.

[​IMG]

Added an inexpensive set of plastic chrome rings to the meter panel just for the heck of it.

[​IMG]

8. haywire

haywire Official Member

Good mileage I see. A seasoned cruiser. At my rate I'll match that mileage in about a year in my 2003 E39.

9. Crymson

Crymson Club Guest

Two thumbs up

10. insomniac

insomniac Club Guest

Haywire:
    Yup... car is well driven but previous owner took relatively good care of it. One gripe though is the gearbox feels a lil sticky at times with the RPM holding for sometime before up shifts and the down shifts some times feels like it happens too soon. Just had the gearbox reconditioned in December. May need to get the mechanic to give it a once over.

Spirited driving... No problem! Only happens on normal driving.

Crymson:
    Thanks dude!

11. enkil

enkil Official Member

Nice ride u got there :)

12. insomniac

insomniac Club Guest

Thanks enkil!

13. insomniac

insomniac Club Guest

My wishlist of things to do. When i'll get to them i've no idea and will likely do them one step at a time when my pocket allows.
    Doubt i'll go for coilovers or lowered springs as i'm enjoying the comfortable drive after 5 years of driving a car that felt like it had rocks for suspension.

a. Rewrap steering leather & handbrake lever
    b. Replace plastic panel & switches on front electric seats and get the driver side checked. Making weird noises when moved backwards.
    c. HID for headlights and fog lamps... will be between 4700K or 5000K anything above just looks garish in my opinion.
    d. Need to get the interior professionally cleaned and leather seats polished
    e. Respray wood trim to follow body colour (not a priority at the moment)
    f. Audio system upgrade (still under consideration)
    g. Replace trimming on doors
    h. Need to find a nice second hand rear door glass (behind driver) mines got scratches which are not removable
    i. AC style fold able side mirrors
    j. Replace outer door trimmings

14. Mtigo

Mtigo Official Member

sweet looking ride you have there .... perhaps blacken front grill...

15. insomniac

insomniac Club Guest

Was thinking about it but the normal black grill just doesn't seem right some how. Was thinking carbon fibre but am wondering if it'll look a lil over the top.
    Haven't really made up my mind on this yet so will keep the current grill till a decision is made and the pocket is willing. ;)

16. bryankok

bryankok Club Guest

nice ride , i like the color

17. insomniac

insomniac Club Guest

Thanks bryan! Was looking for something different.
    Initially considered midnite blue or pearl black but this colour suited my interior more so.

18. naharnms

naharnms Club Guest

Bro..

What type of black colour did you spray? is it graphite grey? Looks nice, esp with the new headlight !

19. insomniac

insomniac Club Guest

Naharnms:

It's not black dude... It's a very dark bronze colour. The colour used is by Adler and it's actually a Honda colour. Hahahahaha... i think the colour looks nicer on a E39 than it does on any Honda.

Can't remember the colour code or name of the colour as i got the car painted in November last year and have forgotten it since then. But if you go through the available colour swathe you should be able to find it.

There are a few available shades, i went for the darkest one which has some pearl colour mixed into the paint.

20. bryankok

bryankok Club Guest

haha what is ur next project bro