1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Is the Haze choking you yet?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by okow, Oct 6, 2006.

1. ah lian

ah lian Club Guest

tssskkkk tssskkkk!! :p such pride.

2. azwanb

azwanb Club Guest

I think we are all in violent agreement that we ALL want and NEED some fresh air... lets concentrate on the things that we can agree to build the foundation for all of us to resolve our differences, no matter what the topic.

Just like email, everything can be taken in the wrong context as we all write in different styles. That is why in my workplace, I always tell my guys to pick up the phone and call or just talk face to face. Much more productive than email.

My tiga sen.

3. funfer_fahrer

funfer_fahrer Club Guest

Ah Lian,

It's not easy to prove a point nowadays unless it appears in the local newspaper. Otherwise everything is "bogus".:p

4. MRsamdol

MRsamdol Club Guest

Wow can't let it go can you?? Whats the prize - A solution to the problem?? or one less member here in BMWclub who can't stand egoistical know it all forummer?? No worries who needs anybody else right?? We got MR always right...

I am in awe of your intellect, please enlightened us more with your wisdom.

5. ah lian

ah lian Club Guest

not everything in the newspaper is always true. may be later we hear that there was no mongolian at all but that she's actuarry russian. reading the newspapers and believing it all doesnt prove you are right. :D

6. ALBundy

ALBundy Founding Member

On the haze issue, I have to salute the Stinkapoos gomen for bringing this issue up in the United Nation. According to experts, next year the drought/dry season is 4 months longer aka Super El Nino.

Better safe up some $$$ to travel to OZ.

7. ah lian

ah lian Club Guest

**sigh**

i have to go serve tea elsewhere. the haze in stinkapooos is really bad.

8. sithwarrior

sithwarrior Club Guest

The haze hit you guys down south again huh ? Well at least we're thankfull to our everyday rain, except when I have to go thru rush hour in the evenings. Thats when the rain sucks BIG TIME !!!!

9. ALBundy

ALBundy Founding Member

I will take the rain anytime!! At least we can see some clear blue skies before the heavy down pour in the evening.

10. ah lian

ah lian Club Guest

quite rite, bundy.

i wun complain abt the rain if it means blue skies.

11. sithwarrior

sithwarrior Club Guest

yes yes I do appreciate the rain... heavens to gods, please dont get me wrong. Just that when it rains in the evening it SUCKS... makes the traffic almost unbearable.... But yes the mornings are wonderfull the view outside Great Eastern Mall is crisp, clear and sharp.

12. RedZ4

RedZ4 Club Guest

Hey Mrsamdol, you're quite right about that fun_flamer guy. He really can't stop his typing... always has to have the last word.
    can we vote this guy as the official mr. factoid?
    I wonder if he know much about our cars as he does about the air quality around the world?

back to topic, the haze is significantly reducing. but we've got too much rain. it puts a damper on outdoor activities.
    I can't even golf in the afternoon anymore.

13. flash

flash Club Guest

Too much rain also sucks... what with all the flash floods around, I am leaving my SLOTH at home to roost. Do not want to get caught in a flood in it, somemore lowered already.:rolleyes:

It has been raining so much the past few days that my garden is already waterlogged....:eek:

Well, too much of anything is not good....

14. ah lian

ah lian Club Guest

just like not having too much of "i am always right???"
    **cabuts!!!**

15. funfer_fahrer

funfer_fahrer Club Guest

Even if I know about cars more than you do , you will always think that I took it from my "home made book of almanacs" right? You can say whatever you like but you can't change the truth. It's just facts versus your personal attacks. Yes, this is it. Now, I know. After "bogus", is "Mr Factoid" the best thing you can come up with? I was expecting some mind-stimulating argument from you.

16. funfer_fahrer

funfer_fahrer Club Guest

Mr. Samdol and Ah Lian,

The recent article was not targeted to both of you or any other forummer. It was for RedZ4. If you somehow disagree with my egoistic approach to this problem, please accept my sincere apology.:D Sometimes, you can't be down-to-earth to certain people. I wish I could. I hope you both understand.

17. fabianyee

fabianyee Founding Member

Please be aware that the forum is not a platform for personal vendetta. If you want to settle personal issues, please do them off the forum.

Please be considerate.

18. supergripen

supergripen Club Guest

yeah la..first it was the haze,now its afternoon heavy downpours to dampen my sports activities..guess indoor 'activities' will do la..

19. okow

okow Club Guest

Almost this same time last year as well as for the past 9 consecutive years, we were 'choking' with Haze. Not that I missed having it but I am just curious as to what has happened with the stories surrounding it.

We all know that bad news sells better than good news but hey, if the Indons have really stuck to their promise that last year would be the last Haze year and that they will seriously deal with the problem and have done so...then they deserve a pat on their back for keeping their promise.

It would also be good to know how they managed to solve it when they couldnt for so many years.

How come I there's nothing being written in our newspapers about this subject. Are we just quick to forget or is there something brewing but not reported as yet.

Well, eventhough it has been raining 'kucings dan anjings' every evening, the past few mornings have been slightly hazy where I live and I used to be able to see the KL Tower and the Petronas Twin when I drive out to work but not these few mornings.. do you experience the same?

A check with our Department Of Environment for the lastest API readings also shows that we are currently enjoying good quality air.

Hmmm....just being curious and mindful.

20. jarance

jarance Founding Member

you means it back in KL..

In JB, it clear blue sky. except for the occasion rain in the afternoon.

Let hope that it stay that way..