1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Greeting from New Zealand - BMW E60 M5 Advice Please

Discussion in '///M Cars' started by NOXQS, Oct 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. NOXQS

NOXQS New Member

Hi,

I will be relocating from Auckland, New Zealand with my family later this year and the saddest part is leaving behind my beloved E60 M5(SMG)

I have seen a few E60 M5(SMG) for sale on Carlist.com.my but I am hesitant to purchase one at the moment because I won't know the service/part maintenance history and can't really rely on what the seller/dealer tells me and also I understand in Malaysia the dealer does not provide a comprehensive mechanical warranty.

So if someone can give me some advice on the approximate cost to replace the items below or someone who has/currently owns a E60 M5(SMG) and I am sure you will agree with me that they are expensive to maintain went things go wrong but what a joy to drive !!!. I know the cost to replace these parts in NZ (parts+labour) as I have done that, but have heard nightmare stories of the huge cost implications in Malaysia. I would be really grateful if someone can assist with my queries.

Parts + Labour

• Throttle Actuator (Bank 1 & 2)
    • Clutch & Flywheel
    • Clutch Slave Cylinder
    • Alternator + Battery
    • Front Control Arm Hydrobearings (bushes)
    • Disc Brakes & Pads
    • Suspensions
    • Rear Diff Booster Fluid
    • 10x Spark Plugs

Thanks in advance,

NOXQS

2. Herbert

Herbert Well-Known Member

You may also like to know that the Malaysia road tax for M5 is RM 11,125.00 a year.for personal / individual registration. If the M5 is registred under a company's name, the road tax is RM 32,996 a year.

3. NOXQS

NOXQS New Member

Hi Herbert,

Thank you, yes I have factored that, much appreciated.

4. NOXQS

NOXQS New Member

ok lads....calling all M5 E60 owners and BMW enthusiast...there will be a Silverstone BMW M5 E60 hitting the shores of Malaysia very soon !!! I have been approved to bring my car in from New Zealand duty/tax free under the Talent Corp, Returning Experts Programme.

Questions, does anyone here know of a reputable, honest and trustworthy BMW mechanic/workshop that had their M5 taken in for service, maintenance and repairs in the PJ or KL area? and does anyone know of the cost estimates to replace the Front Disc Brakes & Pads, and Front Shock Absorbers? I would appreciate any advice and feedback you have.

Also, where is a good place to get the Eisenmann Catback exhaust? I am currently running straight pipes (muffler delete) and it sounds freaking amazing but as we will be living in a condo complex I am afraid it will be too loud on start up and it might wake the neighbours and set off a few car alarms.... :sleep: :motz:

Here is a video of my car....turn up the volume and enjoy... https://youtu.be/L_ceslUGZVk and https://youtu.be/z3UrnUzK3X4

Thanks in advance,
    NO XQS

5. NOXQS

NOXQS New Member

6. Fadhlan

Fadhlan Official Member

A couple of our Official Members drives an ///M5. I can hook you up with them once you are back in KL.

7. NOXQS

NOXQS New Member

Thanks Fadhlan, much appreciated