1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

E90 325i CKD

Discussion in 'E90, E91, E92, E93' started by southisland, Sep 25, 2007.

1. southisland

southisland Club Guest

Hi to all the E90 drivers here...I need your viewpoints.I need to get the E90 325 very soon and was told by a fren that AB has a long list of pre owned 325 CKD for sale.True enough when i checked with glenmarie SA all the pre owned are 325s CKD and 06 model with mileage below 10k km.I believe they are demo cars and should i consider this option?They r selling for RM250k but none in the list has been sold.Advise please...

2. Juan Powerblow

Juan Powerblow Club Guest

Welcome SouthIsland! Not all the AB cars are demo cars, at least not in the sense of perpetual demo use. I believe some of these cars were only used for specific events or as displays for events etc. This is especially true for exceptionally low mileage examples. It so happens that even for event specific show or demo cars, the cars have to be registered before leaving the bonded warehouse. At RM250K, it seems like a good deal but try negotiating down. Some here have done it and managed to get RM245K with one fella I know getting it down to RM235K with only 300 kms on the clock. They are all happy owners!

3. peanut

peanut Club Guest

If 06 model for normal 325i, then RM250k is not so good price. A 1 to 2 month old 325i Sport preregistered unit (2007) is "only" RM275k. :top:

4. southisland

southisland Club Guest

Thanks JPB!I was at first skeptical about these batch of preowned bcos none in the list was sold compared to their used E60 selling a few already.

Anyways i should be heading there and look at their silver units.Will try to ask Pat at glenmarie for discount as i bought my e46 from her.Probably there are really not many around buying E90 compared to E60 huh.

5. southisland

southisland Club Guest

Hi Peanut....U sure there are such deal for the sport model?I sure will
    consider if they have pre ones.

6. Juan Powerblow

Well, I guess what Peanut just disclosed sounds even better. But, one has to distinguish a "sales" demo car which has been thrashed day in, day out and an "event" demo car which was mostly for display at events and only driven to event destinations and back. Some "event" demo cars might have a few hundred kms on the clock already cos they were used for a few events, including the Monsoon Cup in Kuala Terengganu, late last year. Yet again, some cars are just simply pre-reg with very little mileage. I'm glad to hear you're dealing with Pat at AB Glenmarie. I've bought 3 cars from her and she's very helpful. In fact, a lot of forumers here have had good experience dealing with her.

Oh, do check if there are any good deals on the 325i Sports too. In fact, I would recommend the Sports cos it has loads of goodies. Ah, I heard that SA was willing to give full 3-years Service Inclusive for one of their pre-regs which I was told AB is quite unwilling to do. Perhaps, you can bargain for this cos it helps to get free service + labour.

7. E46Fanatic

E46Fanatic Club Guest

Pat sold JPB and myself our E46's and then our E90's too...LOL. Just be aware of pre-owned event cars. A safer bet is to stay away from Silver and Black color ones :rolleyes: .

8. southisland

southisland Club Guest

Hi e46fanatic....seems that quite a few here have been gettin cars from her...a nice lady anyway.I was at AB this late morning and their preowned sports model have all been snapped up.But was then offered pre-registered sports 325 at zero mileage yr 07 for 288k.Now in bit of a dilema cos don't hv silver and gotta wait.
    Maybe will still consider normal 325 at 250k as i intend to go 19" with coils and probably don't need the sports suspension.now headache with decisions la..:confused:

9. Juan Powerblow

Well, if you don't fancy the i-drive and M goodies, then I suppose the normal 325i at RM250K is the better deal. But for those who like the Sports, the zero mileage 07 car seems like a good deal, better if can negotiate down to round figure like RM280K. BTW SI, what's the colour of the pre-reg Sports?

10. southisland

southisland Club Guest

JPB...the zero mileage 07 just few units..prob 3 or 4.color is monaco blue.

I just can't c myself gettin a dark color car cos to me any bodykit lines will be hidden up n not so defined.i tot bodykits always look better on light colored cars

11. E46Fanatic

E46Fanatic Club Guest

RM288k for the sports 07 model with 0 mileage sounds very good, and like JPB said, if can haggle down slightly more go for it over the std 325i.

12. Juan Powerblow

Well, for me, I think the i-drive, LCD, GPS and M goodies are pretty worth it leh. I'm fed up of Alvin showing off his Pussy Cat Dolls music videos to me when I'm in his car!! Besides, the 18" set-up is also the best OEM package, in my view. So, if I can get a zero mileage car for RM280K and I don't already have my E92, I'll be on my way to AB Glenmarie now.

13. peanut

peanut Club Guest

I am not clear about the RM288k deal. If it is pre-registered, then it is not likely to be zero mileage. If it is a showroom car, then there is no need to pre-register. Which AB gives this?

14. Toffeeman

Toffeeman Club Guest

I am surprised with the RM288K package. Who do you get from?

On the RM275K models, its an August registered car but 4,000++km within a month seems high. Wonder where did the guys bring the cars to?

15. peanut

peanut Club Guest

The mileage is between 2000 to 4000.

Some may be used for 1 or 2 events but they may be the daily ride for the BMW Malaysia top guys. I am not surprised at the mileage because I used to work in Cyberjaya (where the BMW HQ is), the commute from my house is about 100km per day!

16. Schwepps

Schwepps Senior Member

If you're going for pre-reg or pre-owned cars, you have a right to get them to tell you what they were used for. Don't just take it from an SA, ask the SM. You don't want to unknowingly buy a car that was used for advanced training for instance. :eek:

17. E46Fanatic

E46Fanatic Club Guest

Pre-Reg is not the same as Pre-Owned. Pre-reg is just registering the car before its sold to you. They'll register it to the dealer's company BUT it won't have roadtax and hence will not be driven untill its transferred to you the buyer.

So pre-reg cars can have under 100 kms mileage when you take delivery as the "2nd" owner.

Pre-owned means it was pre-registered and then given a road tax and used for demo, events etc. Usually the car will have a few thousand kms on it when you buy it off the dealer.

The best deal is pre-reg and not pre-owned if you ask me, as essentially you get a new car, and in some cases, they will pre-reg it on the spot meaning you get to choose your number plates before they transfer it to you as a second owner (i.e. registering new under dealer name and then transfer ownership within a day or 2). For my case they pre-reg the car 2 months before I took delivery but the road tax was only issued 2 months later when they did the transfer of ownership to me when i bought the car.

18. Schwepps

Schwepps Senior Member

Sure thing, E46F. My point is that salemen are salemen and one should not take what they say at face value. Probe for the true status of the car before deciding.

I was told by a saleman (not AB) that a car he was showing me was pre-reg. I asked why the mileage was near 1k already. Then he said "Actually it was driven by a visiting VIP for a few days" Not exactly pre-reg then, but he wasn't going to tell me if I turned out to be a starry-eyed chump was he?

19. Schwepps

Schwepps Senior Member

I guess I like my cars virginal :D

20. southisland

southisland Club Guest

i was clearly told that the pre-reg is a new car and just like e46F explained the title will be transfered to u as 2nd owner.

ok now will go for 288k deal but must wait for my color lor.hope to join up for any e90 meets soon.