1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Advise needed on e30 alarm system.

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by Rubezy, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Rubezy

Rubezy Club Guest

Hi everyone, I have recently brought back my e30 318is from Australia. I have never had to put in an alarm system over there but I think its about time I did so over here seeing the crime rate over here. I didnt want to put in the alarm system as I didnt want an inexperienced shop messing with the car wiring which has never been touched. Mh question is what is a decent system (inexpensive) that is out there and do u guys know of a shop that Know BMW wiring and wont butcher it.Cheers

2. XXX

XXX Founding Member

I think for the E30 there is no issue with an after market alarm as the system on the E30 is now not something new ..infact I think the technology for the alarm system is even more advance. I just got mine done they just need to tap a few wires and thats it...no need rocket science as compared to the current models..I paid only RM180 for it and in comes with autolock, the hazard lights will activate when the door is open and of course remote controlled..but u could of course go for a more expensive system...but in the end if the thief wants your car he would find away to have it...the alarm is more of a deterrent or just to give oneself the peace of mind that you have secured your car with an alarm system.

3. fabianyee

fabianyee Founding Member

For E30, can do without alarm system... The main thing is not to leave anything which look valuable in the car. Don't give them a reason to break the window for an old Oakley left on the dashboard, for example. As for fear of ppl stealing the car itself, they'll probably take the Proton parked next to it as it's easier to offload... Unless another unscrupulous fella E30 owner marked it for parts. Hopefully we don't have this kind of scum living among us.

4. XXX

XXX Founding Member

wei now adays they going around stealing old cars so dont be so sure...to me a steering lock would be the best deterrent, I installed the alarm system for the convenience of the remote control to lock and unlock the doors.

5. Rubezy

Rubezy Club Guest

Hi fabianyee & xxx,

Thanks foe the advise. I think ill do both thr steering lock and alarm as I have heard lots of stories about older being stolen for their original parts. My car is in its original condition and jusy being abit coutious. I have had my mini stolen previously and dont want to go through iy again.

Thanks guys!!

6. tamade7

tamade7 Club Guest

Call Bimmer Wong 0193181999. He is located in Old Klang Road.

7. Rubezy

Rubezy Club Guest

Thanks for the info tamade7. Just spoke to him and will be seeing him tomorrow.
    Cheers