1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Tempered Odometer

Discussion in 'F30, F34' started by Simon Low, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Simon Low

Simon Low New Member

Thanks everyone for the concern. But do help spread the news to warn others about Sincere Auto Trading or any other that start with the word Sincere.

2. Jojo K

Jojo K New Member

My brother recently bought used BMW and he's facing the same issue.

I was interested in getting used BMW from another dealer after my brother got his.
    I asked the dealer if I can check the car at BMW with him before I make a decision.
    We met at the BMW service center and the customer service agent showed me the record from their system by scanning the key.
    The chassis number from the car to their system matched.
    Record was clean.

My brother went along with me and he asked them to check his car record too and from their system we found out that his mileage was tempered so badly.

He's trying to settle with the dealer but if it doesn't turn out well as what we have requested, we will bring to the tribunal court too.

Hope things turn out well for you.

3. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

All the best to your bro. Tribunal is the way to go. But in all honesty, this mileage tampering is rampant in the market. As a buyer, we need to pick and choose. If a dealer does not let u check, walk away.

Jojo K likes this.
  4. Simon Low

Simon Low New Member

Sorry to hear that.

But truth is after what I have gone thru, Tribunal going to takes months as what was advise by KDPNEP officer and maximum claim is RM25k.
    After which, they will still go free. Further to that even with all the evidence provided, the officer told me that its difficult as evidence to proof exactly when they did the tempering is difficult to proof and provide. That's why they are not afraid of doing it again and again.

Unless we have lawyers who are willing to carry out this campaign, it will never stops.