1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Interior leather care practices

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by exodus, Apr 4, 2020.

1. exodus

exodus Club Guest

Hi Ladies & Gents,

I was curious about the products everyone is using at home to clean and take care of your car interior especially the nice leather we have in these UDMs.

This is geared towards cleanliness and preserving the high end leather and BMW new interior smell rather than fancy detailing per say.

Also what is your cleaning frequency for the OCD and germophobes out there?

I've tried a whole range of interior detailing products and am looking for options for a more natural home based approach with minimal chemicals. We all have time in our hands now with the MCO.

On a seperate note, has anyone found a remedy for scratches on the F series I drive screens? And also the wear and tear on climate control buttons and parking brake button? I already wasted time and money on some allegedly brand new "replacement buttons" that didn't fit, thought I'd get some opinions here.

Looking forward to your suggestions and comments!

2. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Been using TurtleWax leather conditioner since my e46 days till now. Spray & wipe evenly. Used it even on the dash. Leather becomes softer & n shinier. Never tried other products though. Used it every 2-3 mths. Never tried those germs cleaners/nano cloud thingie too.

For the buttons, I have accepted its fate & moved on to other replacements that’s more into preventive maintenance. Hehehe....

Ken_f30_330e likes this.
  3. kama

kama Club Guest

Yeah i use a few..turtlewax and autoglym among them.. normally i wipe clean with wet cloth first, once dry i apply the leather conditioner/cleaner.. i do this once every mth...works well on my bimmers.. my e90 has been 13 years, but leather still brilliant

4. ipohan f10

ipohan f10 New Member

Nice topic...been looking around for some leather cleaner / conditioner that preserves so called that original 'BMW smell' in the car. Came across a brand highly recommended by some BMW enthusiasts called 'Zaino Z-10'. Anyone tried this brand before?
    Appreciate to share your experience.

5. exodus

exodus Club Guest

Thanks Gents, I see no one uses soap and water...hahahahaha

Now to source online for delivery during MCO.

6. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

TLC bro....... nice feeling when u hv fresh n shiny leather seats....

But there's always wet wipes in the car.... just in case....hahahha

7. Ken_f30_330e

Ken_f30_330e New Member

Hi there, I’m getting my bimmer soon and I’m planning to use CarPro to do my own detailing. The Reset for wash, the Inside for interior cleaning, the Perl for interior upkeep and protectant from our hot Sun and lastly, the Reload to top up / maintain my ceramic coating after car wash...

gendong likes this.