#E90

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RedWindX

RedWindX
  • Club Guest
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:26 AM

Hi guys, need help here. My car is E90 with Non-Comfort Access. Recently, my spare key is not working to lock/unlock my car. At first I was able to lock it using the key fob but just couldn't unlock. Few days after, I can't do both locking and unlocking. At this point, I'm still able to start the car with my spare key though.

However, the key fob that I'm using daily is working fine. I have tried charging my spare key by driving around for few hours but to no avail. What could be the problem here? Blown fuse, dead key fob battery? Anyone experience this before?

#2 gendong

gendong

Committee

• Committee
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:10 AM

try changing the key fob battery. cheapest n quickest fix.

'04 E46 N42B20 | Style 135 Msport rims | Bilstein B12 with Eibach Pro-kit | Eibach ARB | K&N air filter | Dynavin head unit - *in memories*
'10 F10 N55B30 | M Sport |

#3 RedWindX

RedWindX
  • Club Guest
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 12:13 PM

Not that easy in my case because my key has rechargeable built in battery (Non CA). I have to cut through the cover in order to access the battery.

#4 ahpompom

ahpompom
  • Club Guest
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:04 AM

Not that easy in my case because my key has rechargeable built in battery (Non CA). I have to cut through the cover in order to access the battery.

Hi, RedWindX,

One of my keyfob also have the same issue, despite using it several hours daily to charge it back.

So easiest way is like what bro gendong said, change the battery. Contact Ck Liang (011-21118505) from KarKeez (you can check on facebook too to see his page).

RM150 to change keyfob and battery together. Just done mine yesterday, happy with the new key.

Hope this helps.

#5 RedWindX

RedWindX
  • Club Guest
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:31 AM

Hi, RedWindX,

One of my keyfob also have the same issue, despite using it several hours daily to charge it back.

So easiest way is like what bro gendong said, change the battery. Contact Ck Liang (011-21118505) from KarKeez (you can check on facebook too to see his page).

RM150 to change keyfob and battery together. Just done mine yesterday, happy with the new key.

Hope this helps.

Hi ahpompom,

I have checked all the fuses for the doors, and they are all okay. So yeah I thought of changing the battery since it could be a dead battery that cannot be charged anymore.

By the way, thanks for the info! The price is fairly cheap compared to a shop that I asked recently :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users