4 replies to this topic

#1 biMMer4LiFe

biMMer4LiFe

Club Guest

• Club Guest
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:23 AM

Hi Guys,

I need some help before i reach out any workshop.

I have below issues:

1) Radiator fluid is decreasing and i have to top up every 3 days or so... it goes from full to around half the water tank in 3 days... where do i start.. radiator it self ? Hosts ? What is the correct way for the workshop to start checking on this issue...

2) There is a cracking sound coming from lower right side, near the wheel each time i go thru a road hump ... also, the handling is not the same anymore, car pulls a bit to either side depends... even when i run on the white line on the road... worst on a rainy day... not sure if related to above cracking sound.. have done wheel alignment many times, still the same..

Please could you guys give me a quick thought here...

** any suggestion on a good workshop near pj/ sg besi ...

i have only been going to AB for minor issues, now not
worth going there anymore...

Would appreciate some help here, thanks

rgds
Sakthi

Edited by biMMer4LiFe, 13 April 2018 - 02:24 AM.

#2 gendong

gendong

Committee

• Committee
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:39 AM

Issue 1:

Pretty much a guessing game or an elimination process on what the cause could be. Normally, workshop would:

1. Visually inspect the affected parts i.e. hoses, radiator, pump, etc. for any sign of a leak. those that are visible and easily accessible. some would also look at oil cap to look for water residue, and the infamous 'teh tarik' color in the spare/expansion tank. this normally wld pinpoint that cause.

2. Do a pressure test. Would reveal the weak spot. normally can see fine water spray from this area

any other opinions?

Issue 2:

Could be your suspension top mount could have worn out. Need to hoist the car n look at the bushes, arms, tie-rods if they are loose. again, proceess of elimination on the probable causes.

I normally go to BlueGreen in Sg Way. Competent bunch of folks. 

Let us know on ur findings bro

'04 E46 N42B20 | Style 135 Msport rims | Bilstein B12 with Eibach Pro-kit | Eibach ARB | K&N air filter | Dynavin head unit - *in memories*
'10 F10 N55B30 | M Sport |

#3 Black_Sunday

Black_Sunday
  • Club Guest
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:20 PM

Issue 1:

Pretty much a guessing game or an elimination process on what the cause could be. Normally, workshop would:

1. Visually inspect the affected parts i.e. hoses, radiator, pump, etc. for any sign of a leak. those that are visible and easily accessible. some would also look at oil cap to look for water residue, and the infamous 'teh tarik' color in the spare/expansion tank. this normally wld pinpoint that cause.

2. Do a pressure test. Would reveal the weak spot. normally can see fine water spray from this area

any other opinions?

Issue 2:

Could be your suspension top mount could have worn out. Need to hoist the car n look at the bushes, arms, tie-rods if they are loose. again, proceess of elimination on the probable causes.

I normally go to BlueGreen in Sg Way. Competent bunch of folks. 

Let us know on ur findings bro

Thumbs up for BlueGreen! :rock:

#4 biMMer4LiFe

biMMer4LiFe

Club Guest

• Club Guest
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:51 AM

Tq very much guys... appreciate ur thoughts.. if im not wrong, Nathan used to be part of BG.. not sure if he is still there.. been many years i went there.. i will pay BG a visit !

#5 gendong

gendong

Committee

• Committee
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:48 AM

Tq very much guys... appreciate ur thoughts.. if im not wrong, Nathan used to be part of BG.. not sure if he is still there.. been many years i went there.. i will pay BG a visit !

Nathan has moved on bro. As a matter of fact, BG has also moved to Sg Way.

'04 E46 N42B20 | Style 135 Msport rims | Bilstein B12 with Eibach Pro-kit | Eibach ARB | K&N air filter | Dynavin head unit - *in memories*
'10 F10 N55B30 | M Sport |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users