• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BMW318CI

BMW318CI
  • Club Guest
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:04 AM

Dear All Coupe owners,

I believed most of coupe owners suffers that the interior door frame carpet trim fallen after more than 10 years of ownership. For my case, mine is after 17 years, the driver side door frame carpet trim has fallen, i have to use UHU or Dunlop glue to stick it back, unfortunately its not permanent and it will keep falling down after sometime.

The glue also made the carpet trim look ugly AF. I need a replacement or modified with rubber strip instead.

Anyone has solved this issue before ? Please kindly help.

Thanks,

Ken

#2 gendong

gendong

Committee

• Committee
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:48 AM

Any pictures of the issue bro?

'04 E46 N42B20 | Style 135 Msport rims | Bilstein B12 with Eibach Pro-kit | Eibach ARB | K&N air filter | Dynavin head unit - *in memories*
'10 F10 N55B30 | M Sport | Style 351M rims |

#3 Black_Sunday

Black_Sunday
  • Club Guest
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:11 AM

Dear All Coupe owners,

I believed most of coupe owners suffers that the interior door frame carpet trim fallen after more than 10 years of ownership. For my case, mine is after 17 years, the driver side door frame carpet trim has fallen, i have to use UHU or Dunlop glue to stick it back, unfortunately its not permanent and it will keep falling down after sometime.

The glue also made the carpet trim look ugly AF. I need a replacement or modified with rubber strip instead.

Anyone has solved this issue before ? Please kindly help.

Thanks,

Ken

Hi Ken,

You can get your door trim or any part of the interior fixed at Preferred Wheels Glenmarie. I'll be visiting them soon to fix my door handle. :)

#4 BMW318CI

BMW318CI
  • Club Guest
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:30 AM

Any pictures of the issue bro?

Erm, din take any picture, it's pretty easy to spot, open the door, the carper trim behind the rubber weather seal.

#5 BMW318CI

BMW318CI
  • Club Guest
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:33 AM

Hi Ken,

You can get your door trim or any part of the interior fixed at Preferred Wheels Glenmarie. I'll be visiting them soon to fix my door handle. :)

Hi Black,

Nice to know there is such shop around my area :) Will check it out ! You ride is a coupe too?

Thanks,

Ken

#6 Black_Sunday

Black_Sunday
  • Club Guest
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:17 PM

Hi Black,

Nice to know there is such shop around my area :) Will check it out ! You ride is a coupe too?

Thanks,

Ken

No my friend... I ride an E90 325i MSports :)

#7 BMW318CI

BMW318CI
  • Club Guest
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:24 AM

No my friend... I ride an E90 325i MSports :)

You know i almost bought a unit of this with RM105k, in the end didn't go for it as the electric power steering is abit too gaming style for me. Never the less the sound is good and the car ride comfortably while taking corners like a UDM. At this moment, my E46 coupe is more fun to drive.

Thanks,

Ken

#8 Black_Sunday

Black_Sunday
  • Club Guest
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 11:55 AM

You know i almost bought a unit of this with RM105k, in the end didn't go for it as the electric power steering is abit too gaming style for me. Never the less the sound is good and the car ride comfortably while taking corners like a UDM. At this moment, my E46 coupe is more fun to drive.

Thanks,

Ken

Hey Ken,

E46 is one of my favorite 3er. Guess it's one of the best 3 series made after the E30.

Not sure if all the E90 models come with electric steering. I know mine (year 2011) is hydraulic coz there's a tank for the power steering fluid.

BTW, is your door frame issue fixed? It would be great if you could share some pics :)

Edited by Black_Sunday, 27 April 2018 - 11:55 AM.

#9 BMW318CI

BMW318CI
  • Club Guest
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:12 AM

Hey Ken,

E46 is one of my favorite 3er. Guess it's one of the best 3 series made after the E30.

Not sure if all the E90 models come with electric steering. I know mine (year 2011) is hydraulic coz there's a tank for the power steering fluid.

BTW, is your door frame issue fixed? It would be great if you could share some pics :)

Dear Black,

I am quite sure that all 325i runs on EPS but still need fluid to run smoothly, prevent internal wear and stuffs.

Temporary glued it back, have yet to visit the Preferred Wheels. Very busy with works nowadays. Got more $ but lesser time to mod cars.

Thanks,

Ken

#10 Black_Sunday

Black_Sunday
  • Club Guest
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:08 PM

Dear Black,

I am quite sure that all 325i runs on EPS but still need fluid to run smoothly, prevent internal wear and stuffs.

Temporary glued it back, have yet to visit the Preferred Wheels. Very busy with works nowadays. Got more $ but lesser time to mod cars.

Thanks,

Ken

Thanks Ken for the info. Never knew my car had EPS on it! LOL!

BTW, good luck with the door handle. Hope to catch up some day.

Cheers man! :)

#11 BMW318CI

BMW318CI
  • Club Guest
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:38 AM

Thanks Ken for the info. Never knew my car had EPS on it! LOL!

BTW, good luck with the door handle. Hope to catch up some day.

Cheers man! :)

You are welcome, enjoy your E90 ! The last of  BMW 6 cy N/A engine :) You had a soon to be classic model.

Thanks,

Ken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users