ZF 5Hp19 gearbox oil change (wrong oil)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GLM

GLM
  • Club Guest
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:33 AM

Hi guys! My car is 2001 BMW e39 M54B25 with the ZF gearbox 5HP19. So yesterday i decided to change the oil in the gearbox. According to the Manual, the oil in the gearbox has to be ESSO/Mobil LT 71141. But i couldn't find this particular oil and the salesman advised me to put the Hengst ATF3 longlife. According to him it is suitable for my gearbox. So i took the Hengst oil and went to workshop and changed the gearbox oil. The old oil was black, came out about 6 litres. After that i read some blogs and forums, and folks there say that if put the wrong oil, then gearbox will kaput soon. So, anybody got experience putting the Hengst ATF 3 longlife oil? what are the consequences? where can get ESSO LT 71141?

#2 Herbert

Herbert
  • Club Guest
  • 4,439 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:09 AM

I have yet to come across Hengst ATF3 auto gear oil. Have also tried to goggle it but found no information on Hengst ATF3.   Hengst is a popular brand for oil filters.  For e39 5HP19 auto gear box, you can buy the ZF ATF oil (1 litre bottle) from spare parts shop such as Bavarian Auto which is about RM 70 per bottle. 

Do you have a pix of the Hengst AFT3 lube oil?? 

#3 GLM

GLM
  • Club Guest
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:04 AM

I have yet to come across Hengst ATF3 auto gear oil. Have also tried to goggle it but found no information on Hengst ATF3.   Hengst is a popular brand for oil filters.  For e39 5HP19 auto gear box, you can buy the ZF ATF oil (1 litre bottle) from spare parts shop such as Bavarian Auto which is about RM 70 per bottle. 

Do you have a pix of the Hengst AFT3 lube oil?? 

Ok noted. Next time will buy from ZF ATF for my beauty. I guess you already saw the pic of hengst oil in facebok. I already drove more than 1000 km on this oil, so far ok. thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users