• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vinxter

vinxter

Club Guest

• Club Guest
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:01 AM

My car (e92 323i N52 and GM Gearbox) has been plagued with a weird issue for a while now. It happens mostly at low gears which I would assume gear 1 shifting to 2 at around 3000rpm. My usual experience would be, the car would move till it reaches what i mentioned above and the gearbox will have this problem it feels like it could not lock into the next gear. The moment this happens, rev needle keeps fluctuating around 3k rpm till it catches on the next gear.. However it’s worth to note that this usually happens only when i accelerate after going through a bump or after a hard break. It also occured randomly when coming out of junctions which is pretty dangerous as the car would just remain ‘powerless/hunting for the right gear’ for a few seconds. I have taken a video to explain and u can actually hear how the engine/drivetrain and rev needle reacts. This was taken when i accelerated after crossing a small bump.

Ive sent it to zf auto penang but there were no codes. Cleaned my vanos but doesnt seem to work. Gearbox oil checked out okay. They told me that it would be better to change a gearbox as it would be difficult to figure out whats wrong as there were no codes. Unlike the zf gearboxes, i am not experiencing any hard shifts/shudders when coming to a stop. Hopefully someone can guide me in the right direction. Here is the link to the vid: https://youtu.be/iSHp6aMPGsQ

Edited by vinxter, 12 March 2018 - 09:37 AM.

#2 amiemo

amiemo
  • Club Guest
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:28 AM

I've had this issue with my 320i. Issue resolved after i changed my gearbox oil.

#3 ghostman

ghostman
  • Club Guest
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:59 PM

before sending for expensive repairs why not try something harmless and maybe effective like transmission adaptation. i had similar issue altho lesser extent before until i performed the adaptation which actually solved it. yours may or may not be the same but at least can try.

frankly, i have doubts before but after trying it actually solved my problem.

do this : key fob plugged and press start button on or once ( foot off brake pedal )

now fully depress accelerator pedal for 30 seconds or more

press start button off ( key fob still plugged in )

release accelerator pedal ( don't remove key )

wait 2 minutes then start engine / car and test drive

I shared because mine solved by doing that and its all over the internet. no harm trying. let us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users