1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Would you sell your E34 for an E39 ?

Discussion in 'E34' started by macgy, Oct 14, 2012.

1. BloodDiamond

BloodDiamond Club Guest

Sounds very much like your steering lock. Get that checked. Had this exact problem on my ex E36.

2. irfan80

irfan80 YNWA

Sorry to interject,

How much is it to change an e34 gb....recon or chop shop.....I got this friend wanted to let go an e34 1989 520 at the price of 10k....buy I believe a lot need to be done la....donno worth it or not.....Any advice...

3. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Ehem.........e34? ;)

4. irfan80

irfan80 YNWA

Scouting around bro....ingat nak beli 2 x F10 535i...nasib baik duit tak cukup.....lol

5. integramania

integramania Club Guest

Ok will try that...Yeah it does have some stuff hanging to the same key chain...Didnt know this can be a cause...tx

How is the service to the key system done bro? Care to explain? Tx bro

6. integramania

integramania Club Guest

Ok will take note of that as well. Tx

7. integramania

integramania Club Guest

Recently I have this weird problem....when i brake the pedal jams up for a while then after that only can brake...but happens once a while only after I got all those brake vibrations fixed....my mech says my servo is not working well.... but thing is its occasional and it only happened after the brakes we fixed....any idea guys?

8. smike

smike Club Guest

Bro for the Key system, what i meant was, get the mechanic to have a look at it. And as for the brakes, happened to me once and i did some bleeding to the brakes and after that no problem at all. Due to air pockets in the lining la. Just bleed again bro. :cheers:

9. smike

smike Club Guest

Bro if you really like an E34, than go for it. Or else the spending can be quite a lot if you want to get it back to its original condidtion. Happy thinking. :cheers:

10. integramania

integramania Club Guest

Spoke to my mech ... he suspects the key is giving way but I havent managed to show him yet. Anyway bro just to clarify, when i say hard to start is like there is something blocking the key frm turning the key to start the car...not that when i crank the car wont start....maybe the key maybe the lock itself...

Abt the brakes... i also thought it could be air trapped .... will have to see how it goes.

11. macgy

macgy Club Guest

89 520i for 10k with gb problem, gb will easily cost u around 4k +-, y not go for a well maintain 95 /96 E34 M50 525i, with air bag, single vanos and more powerful engine? considering d repair u need to put in for d 89, there may not b much different in $ spent.