1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Type of modification on your E90

Discussion in 'E90, E91, E92, E93' started by David Yong, Oct 12, 2006.

1. David Yong

David Yong Club Guest

Hi fellow E90 owners,Just wanna start this thread to find out what type of modification that you guys have in your new E90. Care enough to share. We start with sharing over here and then the next step is to meet up to view each other nice cars :) Posting of pictures are welcome :)Let me start first; Mine is E90 325i CKD unit MY 2006... with no modification at all now :) Reason for not modifying it is because of the warranty issue. Just worried that warranty may void the moment I modify my car. I will be changing my tail light to OEM Blacklines and also installing the chrome exhaust tip. This will happen somewhere in January 2007.

sdan2 and fknbyojji like this.
  2. rookie

rookie Club Guest

Mine is a 2005 320i CBU (Munich). Similar to you, I don't have any plans for modification while my car is still under warranty. However will start thinking after May '07 when warranty expires. :p Wish list are:
    - Body-kit
    - M-Sport Steering
    - M-sport abs and springs
    - Hamman/OEM 196 rims

Again.....wish and dream only
    :D

3. KL2DC

KL2DC Club Guest

Great idea David, especially now we have a decent size community/base...

Mine is a US spec 325i with the detuned 3.0l N52 engine.
    I ordered on Jan 30, 2006, car was born on February 9th and I took delivery on March 10th. Its a week 6 Regensburg plant build.

Ordered it with lean options....steptronic, rear PDC, Adaptive Xenons, Metallic paint, no-cost special order light poplar wood trim and Sirius Satellite radio. No Sport package, regrettably :(

Mods: retrofitted 330i's chrome grilles, silver finishing rods, tints (80% at back and 65% round side), chrome exhaust tips, OEM Blacklines, ACS-style roof spoiler, Rogue Engineering 15mm spacers, Saab bolt caps, 330i Sport's springs, Mtec fog light bulbs (4350K-matches xenons), OEM front mudflaps (still thinking about the rear), OEM sunglass tray-replaces front ashtray, retrofitted dual rear power outlets, retrofitted euro light switch-to enable rear fog lights, debadged, OEM all-season floor mats, Belkin i-pod plug/connector, OEM cargo organizer and zaino polymer paint sealant. Installing K&N drop-in filter this weekend...

Looking at installing XM satellite radio unit, gonna be the first multi-satellite radio install in an E90 :D . Will mount XM head unit in the sunglass tray and satellite receiver on the rear shelf with audio through aux in (probably have to buy a y-plug to share with ipod). The Sirius system is already running through the shark-fin.

Also looking for MY2007 aluminum HVAC and audio knobs for retrofit and E92's steptronic shift knob (if reasonably priced).

Was looking at wheels but will push back until after winter. Still looking for cheap 159 or 161 set or replica 162 set...will see. Scouring used parts listings...:rolleyes:

4. BimmerM3

BimmerM3 Club Guest

Guys go for it, bigger wheels, suspension system, rechip,mufflers, thats the way to GO man! Good luck

Cheers

5. KL2DC

KL2DC Club Guest

On that note/sentiment of bigger everything....my next big mod wish list is a Euro Delivery E90 335i....;) Counting pennies until then....:D

6. David Yong

David Yong Club Guest

How come your warranty expires so soon i.e. May 07 ? I thought the warranty period is 3 years or 60k km whichever comes first ??

I guess changing rims, M-sport steering and bodykit won't void the warranty. You may try out the M-sport abs & springs from AB at RM 3,800 since changing from them won't void the warranty.

My problem is I love the stock 162s rims but it is just too expensive. I would prefer bilstein abs & springs as the drop is more than M-sport bas & springs but using bilstein will void the warranty :(. As for bodykit..... my heart feel painful to do it now as the car still look fresh and original.... will do it when I feel bored looking at it and have no $ to change car :).

7. David Yong

David Yong Club Guest

Donny,

Stop putting so much things into your e90...... coz... your heart is already at the e92 335i!! hehehe..... racun you again :).

By the way, I am looking at changing the xenon bulb from 5000k to 8000k. Not sure if this available. I find that the light is just not bright enough :(. And not sure if this will create problem if I change the bulb ??

8. David Yong

David Yong Club Guest

Oh yeah, I tinted my car with VKool S40 on side and rear windows and fitted OEM all-season floor mats.

My wish list are:

1) Bodykit - will do so when I'm bored with the look
    2) Bilstein abs & springs - will do it when warranty expires
    3) 18" sports rims - still looking for a good deal
    4) 15mm spacers - will do it when warranty expires

9. BimmerM3

BimmerM3 Club Guest

With those mod your E90 would be cool

10. KL2DC

KL2DC Club Guest

So far, 6000K (bluish-white) is available. Osram D1S types. 8000K is too purple and law enforcement types will sure to kacau you. They're not the smartest peeps :rolleyes: y'know .

Actually, have you tried adjusting your xenons? Out of the factory (and for courtesy to other motorists), the factory xenons are set low so you don't really have a full spectrum. A simple adjustment with a phillips screwdriver should fix that...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6704

Again, its not the bulb at fault its just set too low. Going up in temperature only changes the color and not the intensity.

Go with the spacers!! You can always remove them prior to bringing the car in for warranty repairs.

11. KL2DC

KL2DC Club Guest

*ahem* all E90s are cool...right out of the factory. Mods just make them better...:D

12. BimmerM3

BimmerM3 Club Guest

agreee thats wouldnt void your warranty.

13. David Yong

David Yong Club Guest

Good one! I will try it out ASAP. Thanks mate..... :)

14. rookie

rookie Club Guest

Mine was from the 1st batch of CBUs brought in by AB, before the CarTrade AP fiasco (cars stuck in Port Klang). I actually booked the car before the official launch. At those days, they only offerred warranty of 2 years or 50K whichever comes first. The Service inclusive package was also optional back then

15. pkw88

pkw88 Club Guest

Looking at the options price list (see my post on this thread
    http://bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8845&page=5 )
    The alloy wheel packages come with tyres complete. 162s use the same 225 size tyres in front, but 255 size tyres at back. So need to buy 4 wheels and 2 tyres, no? There must be a saving of 3-4k there, right?

Or get the 162s, and outfit them with normal tyres. Can that be done?

16. rookie

rookie Club Guest

Just came back from SG yesterday, and I popped by PML and bought the chrome muffler cover (Part no: 82120398333) for SGD$60.60 (for 320i). :) Is this price ok compared to AB?

Some of the prices I found out (including installation):

- M Aerodynamic Kit for 3 Series - SGD$3674.73
    - Radial Spoke 216 with Bridgestone RFT - SGD$5,221.19 (This is found in the 320si model)
    - Black Line Rear Lights - SGD$502.76

17. David Yong

David Yong Club Guest

I am still looking around in the market for a nice 18" rims. Saw one ac schnizer rims today. Was told it's a new model. Looks very nice. Price RM 3,200 for the whole set. Not inclusive of tires which is RM 1,600 per piece for a Dunlop 245/40/18 RFT, which will comes to RM 6,400. Looks like tires are more expensive than rims!

18. David Yong

David Yong Club Guest

Yes, can get rims and outfit them with normal tires but the problem is our e90 is without a spare tire and we will hit into problem if there is any puncture!

19. David Yong

David Yong Club Guest

AC Schnitzer Type V rims.... this is the one I saw today.... love it so much....
    Anyone of you guys here where can I get a good deal for AC Schnitzer rims and RFT tires ???

Here how it looks like:

20. Jaker

Jaker Club Guest

at 3,200 for ACS, they aint original rite my friend?

go for original ACS if you can afford or stay stock.