1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Some Classic Bimmers left to rust (rest) in peace :(

Discussion in 'Classics' started by MalayCooper, Dec 27, 2012.

1. MalayCooper

MalayCooper Club Guest

Just wanted to share some pictures... sad pictures...[​IMG]323i 6cyl E21[​IMG]another E21 323i[​IMG]2002 and E21 in the background[​IMG]and a E32 750iL (whats left of it)I need to go and rescue some of these... LOLSyed

2. Nightswan

Nightswan Club Guest

Wow I think this will look stunning once 'rescued'

3. casper909

casper909 Club Guest

out with the old and in with the new some might say

4. Tor

Tor Club Guest

Yes sad to see. Where did you find these? There is another 2002 in Kayu Ara. Sitting there for years. Several people has left messages on windshield asking if car is for sale, but it is left to rot. The red one on picture looks a lot better than the orange -02 in Kayu Ara.

5. badrul880

badrul880 Nil

Bro rescue the E32 750iL....

6. Tor

Tor Club Guest

All of those are worth saving. 2002 goes without saying. Very few of them around. E21, 323i the top model of it´s range. Several E21 around, but this is the top notch. E32, 750iL, another top of it´s range. L= Long wheelbase, about 10 cm more legroom between front and back seat. V12 engine...

See what Wikipedia says:

750iL Highline
    The BMW 750iL Highline was the top-of-the-line model of the E32, with lots of added luxury for the rear passengers like full leather, dual radio controls, dual climate control with coolbox mounted in the center console, electrically heated and adjustable rear seats, walnut veneer folding tables, two crystal glasses neatly placed in the coolbox, legrests, and sun shade all around the rear/side windows. Complete with independent heating and ventilation, it also added a second battery in the trunk and a second alternator to provide power for all these luxuries. The 'Highline' option package cost more than 20,000 DEM (€10,000 equivalent), and was only available on the 750iL, bringing the total price to well over twice that of a 'basic' 730i ('basic' to be taken in context).[9]

7. Nightswan

Nightswan Club Guest

Any great situ wanna share the 'estimated' cost to restore the 2002? How about parts wise?

8. Tor

Tor Club Guest

Parts for a 2002 is available, but has to come from europe or USA. So not particular cheap, even though it is a old car. Estimate... Well how bad is the starting point? If the car is full of rust or engine totally run down it will be expensive. Taking shortcuts like replacing the engine with a ready available Toyota or Honda engine takes the value out of the Classic. Real value of any classic is where you find matching numbers, as the chassis number equals engine number. Matching numbers will always be more valuable than a mix-mash of engine-types and car-chassis.

So how much does restoration cf a 2002 cost, depends much of how much you can do yourself. Set it away to a garage that does the job with original parts, and you will probably end up to a number, hard to get back if you try to sell it. But the love of owning and driving a car that nobody else has is priceless....

9. Tor

Tor Club Guest

BTW Malaycooper, where are the picture taken, would be nice to see up close? (If you don´t mind telling) :wink:

10. fabianyee

fabianyee Founding Member

There are a few who spent > RM50k for full restoration....
    Chassis restoration and painting is the easy part, engine also not too big an issue...
    It's the rubber parts, chrome bits, and all the little little bits that cost money....
    Which explained why some great old classic were left like that.

11. eau-rouge

eau-rouge Club Guest

just to give you some figures in restoring..

back in 2007, bought window guide for my e21 RM250/piece

chrome moulding that runs from the windscreen to roof RM800

12. MalayCooper

MalayCooper Club Guest

More classics...

RHD E3 3.0Si... looks decent to me. Love the wheels

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want I want...

Syed
    Malaysia

13. azmany72

azmany72 Club Guest

14. Tor

Tor Club Guest

Another great find Malaycooper. Have not seen a roadworthy E3 in Malaysia yet. Yes one of these would be quite an attraction...

15. MalayCooper

MalayCooper Club Guest

Well you got what you wished for :)

This one at USJ1... with Alpina wheels...

[​IMG]

16. Tor

Tor Club Guest

I have seen this one parked over at USJ, with a huge red splash of paint over it. Never seen it on the road. Talked to the owner once, car was for sale for the right price. Car had some issues though, except for the more obvious red paint over hood and windscreen.

Where did you find the maroon one?

17. beemer04

beemer04 Club Guest

JM111 I have been eyeing for the car more than 12 years ago parked in Paladium. Back then owner refused to sell I was told

18. krsna86

krsna86 Club Guest

Oh wow would love to give the 2002 a new home. TS, mind sharing the location?

19. Tor

Tor Club Guest

There is at least two 2002tii rotting in PJ.

The Colorado-gelb in Kayu Ara has been discussed here on the forum many times. Now I look at it as beyond repair. Owner will not sell. Why not beats me, but instead of a couple of thousand bucks, he choose to let it rot away.

The red one (close to Subang Airport) is only a shell. -tii engine has been replaced by a regular E21 engine (so value is gone), it is stripped from interior (no seats and dash), bonnet missing. Rust in outer and inner sills. It was a repair, where funds ran out before car was finished. Been standing there 5+ years, and vultures has done their deal.

20. MalayCooper

MalayCooper Club Guest

At a recent "car show" in KL...

[​IMG]

LOL...