1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

silver 3.0 CSL in Subang Jaya

Discussion in 'Classics' started by bad4eva, Jan 6, 2005.

1. bad4eva

bad4eva Member

I was driving in SS15 on Monday afternoon and the road is as its usual lunch-hour packed and i was doing about 55km/h. suddenly out of nowhere came this silver 3.0 csl passed me and 'cilok' the traffic...i tried to give a chase until the roundabout, but this car was really damn fast and i lost it on the NPE. the CSL was it its original silver colour and decals. it was not in concours condition but the bodywork is still very good.i've saw this car twice, my first encounter also in Subang Jaya area, in front the Wisma Consplant. I know there is one red CSL in TTDI Jaya which is for sale but the asking price is quite extorbitant. I guess they don't call this car Coupe Sport Lightweight for nothing.regards,bard

2. Tom1389206713

Tom1389206713 Administrator

yea, i've seen the batmobile in Glenmarie before...

it looks so intimidating... like it's ever ready to prance on some Porsche or Ferrari...

definately a beauty

3. wkwoo69

wkwoo69 Club Guest

Is it the one with the black Alpina decals? Awesome...

4. Alvin

Alvin Guest

I know the one in subang. Really a beauty! Been pestering the fella to sell but this old still dun wan le. Anyway he has a few other classics also like the E type.

I believe the one in glenmarie is not a CSL but a CSI. but i could be wrong.

5. The Necessary

The Necessary Banned

Weren't all 3.0 CSLs LHD?

6. Alvin

Alvin Guest

I think there are RHD for the UK market.

7. pussy

pussy Club Guest

yeah, seen this car.. he's park at subang terminal 2 carpark.. i think he works for eurocopter company..the car is in excellent condition..

regards.

8. The Necessary

The Necessary Banned

Alvin, you sure or not ah? Pretty sure they were all LHD only, like E30 M3s.

9. Alvin

Alvin Guest

Yup quite sure. From the classic cars magazine there are quite a number in RHD. But the batmobile is in LHD only. Hmmm need to double check again.
    A friend of mine has an ori CSL. Nice car to have. i wouldnt mind a CSI lao though?

10. KiNaKa

KiNaKa Club Guest

sorry to hijack..
    anyway hows the CSL looks like ??
    just wanna learn more bout it...
    e30 type also ? or e46 ??
    hehe

11. Fuhrer

Fuhrer Club Guest

i know a few CSL's in australia that are RHD. & yes they're original...

12. wkwoo69

wkwoo69 Club Guest

"Batmobile".

The closest I ever got to one of these lovely coupes was sitting in a M30-powered CSI, and revving the engine. Even that was a thrill!

13. bimmerman

bimmerman Club Guest

Arguabally the most beautiful BMW ever. Like a sexy version of the 2002Tii. But not a nice car to drive in KL. The steering is non-powered and requires 4.5 turns lock to lock!

14. gimhan

gimhan Club Guest

There is a silver 3.0CSL frequently spotted around Subang area. If the reg plate is WB 55, the car belongs to the owner of Ultra Tune. Think I read abt his feature story in CBT pullout of NST a few years back...very vague memory of it.

3.0CSL and CSL 'batmobile are two different cars. There were short production runs for RHD series II CSLs for the UK market. Jeremy Clarkson mentioned he once owned a white CSL too, it was for the M series history episode

The Batmobile versions came after the series II CSLs and were produced as homologation specials for the European Touring Car Championship in the 70S. Those were only available in LHD...

Feel free to correct me if the facts are wrong...I am just a wanabe bmw owner dropping by. No time to dig up info...hehe. ~Chao~

15. saat

saat Club Guest

You are correct, the 3.0 CSi belongs to the owner of Ultra tune in len marie. We had the opportunity to view the car when the club held a clinic at his premises last year. He also got the contract to paint helocopters either from Eurocopters or Airod in Subang. That explains his presence in Subang T2. I think his name is steve. We used to pass each other when I used to take the Glen Marie road every morning on thye way to office.

The 3.0 CS, CSi and CSL are 3 vey different cars.

The original was a 4 door variant but the most popular was the coupe 2 door version with the bosh fuel injection hence the i in the CS moniker. The range only took off when fuel injection was introduced.

The L in the CSL meaning lighweight. The CSL was built for the expressed purpose of competing the the European touring car championship. Atypically, they were adorned with huge air dam in front and an even bigger rear wing in the back with an equally huge fins holding it up. Some even added huge wheel spats. These outrageous body work caused them to be dubbed the "batmobile". The engine of the CSL started with a 3.2 but later increased to 3.5 litres. The batmobile was also the first racers to be painted with the then new BMW racing colors. Many other entrants commissioned artists to design some of the best racing livery ever seen in racing. This started a fashion. I believe the late Andy Worhl was commissioned to do one which is displayed in the BMW museum.

I have always considered the CSi/CSL as being one of the most beautifully shaped BMW or for that matter amongst many, ever. It is the fore runner to the an equally beautiful BMW6 series.

16. Fuhrer

Fuhrer Club Guest

there's also a 3.0CSA version which is ever rarer.
    they're the biggest rust buckets ever to come out of munich.
    but yea they're legends in their own right.