Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Showroom' started by antiquer, Jul 29, 2013.
why cannot open? sangkut ka? it just the magnets that help attach them close.
It was a slidable only model.. no hinges, magnet. Fixed.
Yesterday i started my long drag project. My car comes with front n rear PDC. But when changed to msport bumper it wasnt PDC-ready. So i have to do some modification to install the sensors. 6 sensors are on bumper lining and had been done long time ago since it was quite easy. Last 2 sensors are on the rear bumper and that would take some effort.
Removing rear bumper.
Cutting the hole using hole-cut bit and sand reamer for fine finishing.
Sensor installed using holder which i got from mod bumper shop (forgot to snap pic). They are sticked inside the bumper using double sided stickers.
Both sensors are installed and now the bumper's turn.
Those boxes are really useful when doing the job alone.
Job done. Thanks to bro moots for tips. System tested and they are working perfectly. Now i can reverse 10kmh faster. Hahaha..
great DIY bro , jom tt..
bro , next time i'll ask ur help for this ... I also want's to reverse faster .... hahahahaha
Nnt cuaca elok skit kita tt. Asyik ujan 2-3 mlm ni..
bro xthree.. come join us for tt. I'll see what i can do to make u reverse faster..
i like DIY..congrate bro
Thanks bro mpza40..
My hands got very itchy since my last DIY/mod. Managed to get a really nice upgrade piece to work on. After some research from the internet, this forum n youtube, the job started..
Modding the wiring. No cutting on the original wiring and no extra socket. I've just insert peeled wire behind existing socket and it worked!!
Airbag removed to gain access to main screw.
Stock slipring removed to give way to new slipring.
New slipring installed. Very small difference between them..
New steering with paddles installed..
I used bmw scanner 1.40 to clear airbag error. System tested and work nicely. Rarely use manual mode since my 2 years of ownership. Let see how it'll go after this.
Thanks to vixxx for logistics support.
Sorry for dark images.. job was done at night.
Hati2 bang buat keje pakai kain pelekat...nanti terkena "slipring" lain pulak, abissss lepaih ni takleh nak DIY dah
Overall really respect and impressed with the whole DIY job
That 'slip ring' was fully protected. Dont worry.. hahaha
nice mod bro!!!!
Thanks to you vixxx...
On one fine day after a few second starting the engine, smoke came out from under the hood. Quickly turn off the engine and pop up the hood. Found out that the smoke came from the alternator. Belt was torn and almost snap. Alternator pulley completely stuck. Next day started to to remove the alternator.
Air filter box removed
Cut the remains of belting. Just a few milimeter left.
Alternator removed. Quite hard to do the job without removing the fan and fan cover. But somehow i managed to accomplish the task with filter box removed and steering fluid reservoir partly detached.
Alternator taken out for inspection.
Leaves blocked the air passage. Maybe this is the culprit that suffocated my alternator to death..
Went hunting for used part. Found one at RM380. And new continental belt at RM45. Sorry no pics of installing the alternator as i'm rushingly to get the job done. Forgot. For belt installation need to remove the fan and fan cover and main radiator hose directly above the alternator.
Started the car and tested.. everything is fine. Hope these parts will last for another 20 years..
great detailed write up bro , share some latest pictures bro and lets Super Sunday TT bro.. hehe
That post was almost a year ago.. hehe
Set the date, ill try to make it.
Sent from my ASUS_X008D using Tapatalk