Racechip for F10 528i

Discussion in 'F10, F11, F07' started by ipohan f10, Jan 4, 2019.

1. ipohan f10

ipohan f10 New Member

Recently received lot of 'poisons' regarding Racechip tuning (S, RS or GTS module) for F10 especially the feature of using your hp to control your preset maps. So would like to get all sifus feedback who had successfully affected by this poison....lol

2. ipohan f10

ipohan f10 New Member

No comments from all sifus?

3. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Lately, been seeing a trend where owners remap, instead of putting on a piggyback such as Racechip. I know a few owners who already installed Racechip on their F30, feedback is yes they can feel the difference, with hp/torque increase of 15%-20% max. but these owners seldom admit they have it installed....LOL

4. ipohan f10

ipohan f10 New Member

Thanks for the reply bro gendong !
    Yes no doubt remapping is the best option when we talk about software upgrade but since mine is just 2 years old baby thus afraid of voiding the warranty.
    Why seldom admit have it installed?
    Any side effects of these piggybacks?

5. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

If u still want to keep ur warranty, piggyback is the way to go. easy to uninstall when sending the car for service at the SC. Some dont admit so that frens wld think their ride is still 'stock'. Some dont tell afraid of SC finds out n void the warranty. But most proudly show/tell what they hv modded...... preference.... hehehe

Piggybacks are safer.....i think as the map is proven. But on more aggressive setting, it might churn a CEL (check engine light) error. maybe bcoz of overboost? i dont know. Some piggyback owners swear that the fuel economy improves, better mileage, more pickup, faster to 100kmh etc...... but dont take my word for it.... need the other sifus to confirm n verify

6. pierreye

pierreye Club Guest

If anyone want to buy secondhand Racechip for N20, please PM me. I decided to take it off as I wanted to keep my F10 long term so don't want to stress the engine too much. Also, going to change my timing chain and rail this coming month for piece of mind.

It's for 520i or 528i.

Attached Files:

#6 pierreye, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019