1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Planing to buy Z3 2.0

Discussion in 'Z Series' started by Wayne9888, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Wayne9888

Wayne9888 Club Guest

Hi all Bros here, I'm planing to buy Z3 2.0, any owner sharing or advise bout this car? TQ

2. Ecc0

Ecc0 Associate Member

..all I can say..beautiful vehicle, you will not regret at all

3. saat

saat Club Guest

You don't buy a Z3 2.0 for performance. So don't be disappointed by its complete lack of performance. You can get it cheap but is is getting on a bit. It is a simple car to maintain but I believe parts availability is a problem. Many are tired, stay away from these. If you are determined to get a Z3, get the later models and higher cc (which is rare in Malaysia). If possible the coupe.

4. flounder

flounder Club Guest

why not a z4 instead? just got mine 2wk ago.. loving every moment of it..

5. chot

chot Club Guest

Been driving one for 7 years. Changed the HU after I've ran out of cassettes (refer wiki) to play. Less electronics so less heartbreaks, I guess. Performance wise, I would say adequate as you can only go so fast on our highways until some bimbo driving a Viva cuts you in whilst on the handphone. Since it was based on E36, parts are sourceable if there's such a word.

I got mine when it was 11k km, now after 7 years, mileage is just 53k km as I'm only using it on weekends and the odd trip to Ganu. Thinking of selling it as I'm contemplating a SUV :stupid: but the kids are still enjoying the night drive with the top down.

Good luck. Hope you will find a well-kept one.

6. chot

chot Club Guest

ps - youtube Z3 vs Ferrari during its heyday. I think Tiff Needell was one of the reviewers.

7. SemiPro

SemiPro Club Guest

Hi All,

I'm also looking for a good condition Z3 preferable 2.2, above or worst case 2.0.

Anyone selling? Please PM me.