1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Phone & Sat Nav solutions for 2006 E60 from Japan

Discussion in 'GPS and Car Navigation - New!' started by Yellow Dog, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Yellow Dog

Yellow Dog New Member

Hello everyone, some advice please.

I have been looking at how to convert my E60 to NZ maps for a while now. I removed the hard drive from the boot and connected it to my computer. I copied the entire disc onto a new drive and then overwrote the map and voice files with NZ ones. It all worked fine for my first trip and then seems to have reset itself. No idea why, I was wondering if I was to change the attributes to +R, perhaps they may stay as they were. This was very fiddly and time consuming. I am sure there must be something better and easier. In reality, what I actually need, over and above sat nav, is a Parrot syle solution so that I can use my phone hands free.

Has anyone on here gone for one of those replacament units to integrate existing i-drive functions with a working sat nav and mobile phone integration system? Any recommendations from actual experience would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Andrew

2. Rick1

Rick1 Active Member

A very late reply to your post. I have a Japanese spec E60. Like you the sat nav did not work in Malaysia. After some looking around I had a Dynavin unit installed.

Some comments on this system:-

Navigation works ok but not clear how to update it, possibly need to have the unit removed to access the memory card location
    The controller is not easy to use, in my car in the BMW system mode is click by click when navigating the menus, in the Dynavin system mode the control is very jerky and is not easy to control. When I asked Dynavin about this they told me it is because the car is Japanese spec and the system is different.
    The phone works ok but is difficult to control through the Dynavin system due to the poor control issue mentioned above.
    Music works ok, I put everything on a thumb drive and play from there.
    It has reverse camera mode that works ok but sometimes the system switches off the camera.

On the whole, the only major complaint I have is that the control of the Dynavin system is very difficult but it works ok.

Hope this helps

3. Herbert

Herbert Well-Known Member

Rick,

I had the Dynavin installed for my e60 (local specs) a year ago. GPS update is quite simple and you need to go to Dynavin's office at Wangsa Maju and they will have it done within 30 minutes. In terms of usage (Navi, Reverse camera, Bluetooth etc ) i did not encounter any problem, perhaps my e60 is local specs. The only problem that I have is the music playback via thumb drive.....sometimes the system would take a while to search and/or hang.

4. Rick1

Rick1 Active Member

Hi Herbert,

I had the same issue with the thumb drive playback, it would appear the for some reason, the thumb drive was corrupted, I formatted it and put the music back on it. So far I have not had any further delays in the music start up.
    Thanks for the heads up for the way to get the unit updated, I have looked on the internet and there is not too much information as to how to do this.

Herbert likes this.
  5. Rick1

Rick1 Active Member

Has anyone got any owners manual for the Dynavin E60 unit? I have tried everywhere but cannot get one. I want to access the set up menu. Is it a trip to Dynavin to get this done?

Thanks

6. Yellow Dog

Yellow Dog New Member

I might have one. I'll check when I get home (c8

7. Rick1

Rick1 Active Member

Yellow Dog,

Great, fingers crossed you have one.

Thanks
    Rick

8. Yellow Dog

Yellow Dog New Member

9. Rick1

Rick1 Active Member

Hi Yellow Dog,

Many thanks for this, the link appears to be not correct, could you please re-post it?

Many thanks
    Rick

10. Yellow Dog

Yellow Dog New Member

No idea why it's not working. I've pasted it in your message, as above. Good luck.

11. Yellow Dog

Yellow Dog New Member

OK - It works if you copy the entire character string (not just ther blue part) into your browser. https://1drv.ms/b/s!AoDk_yuyvRXTg80zJllZu3QjHBTseg