1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

PAWS Charity Drive

Discussion in 'BMWCM Official Drives & Events' started by Daredevil, May 28, 2009.

1. Daredevil

Daredevil Founding Member

[​IMG]In the midst of all this turmoil, I reckon the best way to put aside our differences is finding that softer side of us. Might as well channel our strengths to doing good deeds rather than indulging in non-productive past time. This has been in the pipeline for ages and it's high time to make it come true. After going through the proper protocol, I've managed to obtain blessings from the committee to proceed with organising this charity drive.Due to geographical constraint, I've managed to obtain some volunteers to help me with the execution part of this charity drive. The subcommittee who will be assisting me with the groundwork and coordination comprise of SalinaSaad, Osflanker, Jarance and Blackrobe. Those who would like to help out, just shout out. The more the merrier.For the record, this is an official BMWCLUB Malaysia event.I'm sure there are a lot of pet lovers amongst us.SalinaSaad has been spending a lot of time finding out information on the requirements of PAWS the past couple of weeks. Kudos to her. Below are some areas of assistance that we could provide to so those animals in shelter live a better life:- Cash donation- Food- Newspapers- Tender Loving CareHundreds of animals especially dogs and cats are made homeless from birth. These animals are sent to places such as PAWS and SPCA. Since SPCA is quite well sponsored and funded, we decided to shift our focus to PAWS this time round. When space runs out and dogs/cats don't get adopted within a given time, they will be put to sleep. Sad but true. Our lil donation will go a long way...We will commence donation drive here and once collection close, we will then organise a day to do a simple convoy to PAWS, get our hands dirty i.e. helping with the cleaning up of the shelter, etc and then present whatever donation collected to the PAWS management. We are targeting July/Aug tentatively. More details will be made available soon. I need to consult the committee so that there won't be any clash with other planned official events.So let's all pledge our support for our four legged friends...let me get the ball rolling...1) DD - RM1002)3)4)5)

2. XXX

XXX Founding Member

In the midst of all this turmoil, I reckon the best way to put aside our differences is finding that softer side of us. Might as well channel our strengths to doing good deeds rather than indulging in non-productive past time. This has been in the pipeline for ages and it's high time to make it come true. After going through the proper protocol, I've managed to obtain blessings from the committee to proceed with organising this charity drive.

Due to geographical constraint, I've managed to obtain some volunteers to help me with the execution part of this charity drive.

The subcommittee who will be assisting me with the groundwork and coordination comprise of SalinaSaad, Osflanker, Jarance and Blackrobe. Those who would like to help out, just shout out. The more the merrier.

For the record, this is an official BMWCLUB Malaysia event.

I'm sure there are a lot of pet lovers amongst us.

SalinaSaad has been spending a lot of time finding out information on the requirements of PAWS the past couple of weeks. Kudos to her. Below are some areas of assistance that we could provide to so those animals in shelter live a better life:
    - Cash donation
    - Food
    - Newspapers
    - Tender Loving Care

Hundreds of animals especially dogs and cats are made homeless from birth. These animals are sent to places such as PAWS and SPCA. Since SPCA is quite well sponsored and funded, we decided to shift our focus to PAWS this time round. When space runs out and dogs/cats don't get adopted within a given time, they will be put to sleep. Sad but true. Our lil donation will go a long way...

We will commence donation drive here and once collection close, we will then organise a day to do a simple convoy to PAWS, get our hands dirty i.e. helping with the cleaning up of the shelter, etc and then present whatever donation collected to the PAWS management. We are targeting July/Aug tentatively. More details will be made available soon. I need to consult the committee so that there won't be any clash with other planned official events.

So let's all pledge our support for our four legged friends...let me get the ball rolling...

1) DD - RM100
    2) xxx - RM100 + My Time (If needed)
    3)
    4)
    5)

3. Hellraiser

Hellraiser Club Guest

1) DD - RM100
    3) Hellraiser - RM100 + volunteer work (in appreciation of my 2 spca adopted dogs!)
    4)
    5)

4. jarance

jarance Founding Member

1) DD - RM100
    3) Hellraiser - RM100 + volunteer work (in appreciation of my 2 spca adopted dogs!)
    4) jarance - RM400 - from 50% of RM800 (Rike Kool Auction won by berserkdroid)
    5) jarance - RM100 - glad to help a worth cause.

5. gracetcp

gracetcp Club Guest

1) DD - RM100
    6) gracetcp - RM100
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)

6. Daredevil

Great stuff. Looks like those with a soft spot for furry beings are slowly emerging.

Taking this opportunity, I would like to inform all that the bulk of the donation will go towards purchasing pet food. That's because we want to ensure that our efforts go directly to the animals.

SalinaSaad is working tirelessly to find out the best quality and rates for the pet food. Those who have contacts can feel free to help out. Any with friends in the pet shop business?

7. jarance

jarance Founding Member

DD, how much are you getting the pet food?

i can check the price in Klang.

Just let me know what type of food for comaprison.
    1. brand
    2. bag/kg
    3. quantity - depends on the collection from donor.

8. Daredevil

Salinasaad would be the best person to advise us on this. Let's wait for her to revert.

Based on our last discussion, info as follows:

Amount of petfood PAWS require a month:
    1. Adult (Dog) = 35bags
    2. Puppy = 25bags
    3. Cat = 15 bags
    4. Kitten = 15 bags

SalinaSaad managed to source for wholesaler price for adult cat and dog premium quality from US . Not sure of the brand though.

Cat (10kg) = RM70 per bag
    Dog (22.8kg) = RM 110 per bag

Let's see if there are any updates.

9. ALBundy

ALBundy Founding Member

1) DD - RM100
    6) gracetcp - RM100
    7) Albundy - 100 + Newspapers :)
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)

Donation in any amount is meaningful. If you wish to remain anonymous can always PM daredevil.

10. Daredevil

Thanks Bundy. I'll be keeping track of all pledges...

1) DD - RM100 + Newspapers
    6) gracetcp - RM100
    7) Albundy - 100 + Newspapers :)
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)

Donation in any amount is meaningful. If you wish to remain anonymous can always PM daredevil.

11. anaksarawak

anaksarawak Official Member

6) gracetcp - RM100
    7) Albundy - 100 + Newspapers
    8) Geoffrey - RM100 + my time is require
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)

12. jarance

jarance Founding Member

geoffrey, thanks for the support.

13. racheltoh

racheltoh Club Guest

I would like to donate RM100 + my time.

14. blackrobe

blackrobe Official Member

6) gracetcp - RM100
    9)Racheltoh - I would like to donate RM100 + my time.
    10)Blackrobe - RM100
    11)
    12)

15. jarance

jarance Founding Member

Wow - RM1300 - Not bad for a day collection...

BTW... any amount will do... it is the thought for the animals that counts.

16. Daredevil

Great stuff. Keep them coming....you guys don't need to follow my RM100 wor...it's only to get the ball rolling....haha...do I hear a RM101???

17. OSFlanker

OSFlanker Club Guest

6) gracetcp - RM100
    9)Racheltoh - I would like to donate RM100 + my time.
    10)Blackrobe - RM100
    11) OSFLanker - RM100 + newspaper
    12)

18. OSFlanker

OSFlanker Club Guest

Hello, please keep the donationas coming, I need to a eat a lot a lot a lot of food to get the nutrients to maintain my cuteness.

[​IMG]

19. jarance

jarance Founding Member

BTW, may I know the purpose of the newspaper?

20. Daredevil

Some of these dogs are well educated. They love to read while they're doin the poo poo....hahaha...just kidding. It's to line the cages.