1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Paint Protection - Diamondbrite

Discussion in 'Car Care and Detailing' started by mikeyew, Sep 18, 2007.

1. mikeyew

mikeyew Club Guest

Hi Guys,Have anyone of you heard about Diamondbrite? They claimed after one treatment, you do not have to wax your car again for thenext 6 years! Comes with a 6 years guarantee too. Sounds very tempting. Hope to hear some feed back from those who had experience or knowledge of it.Cheers.

2. genius328i

genius328i Club Guest

Sounds good. Where did you found this kind of product? In KL? Share the place, let me try. How much it cost per car?

3. Lee36328

Lee36328 Club Guest

I first heard about Diamondbrite from a guy who asked whether Meguair's can remove some stubborn bird shit stain from his Diamondbrited Mercedes...
    :smokin:

4. mikeyew

mikeyew Club Guest

The company is located in Glenmarie called Paintshield Asia Pacific. They have also placed brochures in Auto Bavaria too. Treatment was quoted at RM1,388.00 but I think we can get group discount. You can check out the product from their website at www.paintshieldasiapacific.com
    The product is silicon free and it claimed that it's made from rock oil ( I did't know
    one can extract oil from rocks?) Most of their customers are luxury and exotic car owners.
    Maybe, those who are interested can put their names here and I can arrange for a direct negotiation for group discount.

5. mikeyew

mikeyew Club Guest

The hard layer of protectant prevents road salts, traffic film, acid rain, tree sap, insect fluid from conatcting directly to the car's paint.

It aslo claims to prevent fading from ultraviolet light and nitrate etching caused by bird droppings as long as it is washed off witin 24 hours and retreated with Jewelultra Diamondbrite conserver which are provided to you to maintain the shine.

This product seems to be God sent for car loving people like us!

6. jagmalhi

jagmalhi Club Guest

damn tell me more tell me more!lol

7. maxxsp

maxxsp Club Guest

sorry to hijack the thread but paint protection rarely works as advertised.

most of the products require the paint protection to be reapplied once a year or something like that in order to maintain protection.

taking good care of your car by washing and waxing regularly is the way to go.

8. keN330

keN330 Club Guest

Fill me in,

Just in 1 yr i had resprayed my bumber least twice~~ DAMN

9. Daniel

Daniel Club Guest

sounds like just a coating.

it won't prevent stone chips.

but no more polishing and waxing? wow.... really?

10. mikeyew

mikeyew Club Guest

There is also a special protective 3M film they apply to your bumper, bonnnet, fenders and head lights/spot lights to protect it from stone chips. I was quoted Rm3K for both the film & Diamonbrite.

11. bmrocket

bmrocket Club Guest

I'd be interested in the protective 3M film..got massive stone chip probs going up n down kesas hwy!!!

12. r37720

r37720 Club Guest

This is an old post but yesterday I saw one BMW have applied this product for 2 years and the result is still great.

Anybody knows where to buy? I plan to DIY

13. nazrie

nazrie Club Guest

Dont waste your $$$ on Diamondbrite... i had mine Diamondbrited after seeing the brochures at AB Glenmarie..... waste of good money only lah...

14. nazrie

nazrie Club Guest

15. thomascheah

thomascheah Club Guest

Hello all See Fu's and contributors, I'm new to BMWCM and hope to be able to learn and share some tips. Kindly forgive me while navigating my way...

I'm looking for Coating and Also Safety film for my E60. I will check out RikeCool as they are closed today, Sunday. Others I have checked as well...pls feedback if anyone has used.. Here is wat I gather:
    1) CareKool Max (VLT 70%), IRR 95% UVR99% + Safety (MaxiCoat) = RM 1700 (highest end package in their shop);
    2) Cool World (VLT 63%, UVR 99%, IRR 95% + safety security film = RM 1900 for Luxury Saloon
    3) V-Kool 6Mils (RM 2500)
    4) RikeCool - to check

As for Coating for Paint protection:
    1) ThreeBond - Ultra Glass Coating, by V-Kool dealer's (2 yrs warranty) - RM 1850
    2) Unnamed yet from 1upautospa, Sunway (18-24 months warranty) Nano Paint Coating (abt 10mils) thick, comes with 6 mths Free maintenance = RM 1288 (can get better discount with group)
    Kindly share experiences, thank you

16. KiNaKa

KiNaKa Club Guest

I would suggest you use the diamondbrite conserver to wax your car. its very easy for you to remove the water mark & whatever stain on it. I'm using it but i think the conserver only do the works.

Applying the diamond brite won't protect ur paint from scratches or stone chip...

3M protective film, i don't like the see the film joining part.
    After few years, ur car end up become brownish & thats the time to remove the film & respray the car.

17. macdaque

macdaque Club Guest

If u hv film u'd probably wouldn't need diamondbrite, and vice versa. I hv diamondbrite, and it works. However there is a conserver which must be applied every month to maintain the shine - just add to water, apply with wet sponge and wash away, that simple. However, if you need to respray parts of the car, you will have big big problems. Apparently, the paint doesn't stick after application of diamondbrite, and there is almost nothing that they can do to remove it. My paint guys used kerosene to wash almost 10 times, and with Jif and all sorts of things. Otherwise, the paint keeps having bubbles after application. Very very frustrating for those intending on a paint job ........ but further testimony that it works, I guess...

18. Eaton

Eaton Club Guest

Yes, i agreed. This two types of paint protection serve different purpose actually. The PPF is aim to protect the stone chips and scractches of your paint work, and mostly it apply to the bumper, hood, racker panel, wing mirror and door recess. The coating such as Diamondbrite and Threebond apply on all painted area to keep your car shine and protect the small scratch lines.

For the film, you need to maintain it by regulary waxing it. Click the link see how it works -> http://invisibleshieldmy.blogspot.com

19. thom66

thom66 Club Guest

Spoke to the manager in Quill Automotives about this. He said it is paint protector. It will keep dust from staying on your car thus keeping car paint shiny. After the first treatment, you need to apply the solution they give on a monthly basis.

It's troublesome but it gives your car the glassy look. IT's worth it. I have seen it and i am going for it.

20. gregcwho

gregcwho Club Guest

Hi thom66,

Thanks for your comment. Perhaps you can introduce yourself in the Newbies section? There's also a template which you can use if you are unsure of how to introduce yourself in your own thread.

Thanks & welcome to BMWCM forums.

Cheers :)