1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Need advice on E38 aftermarket head units

Discussion in '7 Series' started by adam_ikmal, Dec 20, 2019.

1. adam_ikmal

adam_ikmal Member

Hi guys, back again with a question, what head unit should I use? Right now I'm just using standard fm transmitter to radio but I'm starting to want modern features like Bluetooth etc..

Should I get a dynavin? Or XTrons with Android? They look very oem style, or something else entirely??

Need guidance on this

2. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Those days, our choice were pretty much limited. Yes, Dynavin, Hualin n few others were in the market to serve that need. But nowadays, i guess there are a lot more what the market has to offer, from branded to nan-branded units. Even the big boys like Pioneer, Kenwood n few other are following suit to cater or the need. Heck even now it looks like the latest iDrive systems, with additional functionalities!

How or where do we start? guess we have to look back at what ur gonna use it primarily for then ? make sense?

3. jarance

jarance Founding Member

Go with the HU with Android OS.

I have used Hualingan long time ago and the app are rather limited due to Window 5 OS.

Anyway, back to original HU as I dont use much of the unit except watch video and GPS

4. adam_ikmal

adam_ikmal Member

I'll mainly use it as a Bluetooth music player, and probably some gps and video

5. adam_ikmal

adam_ikmal Member

Ok thanks for the advice

6. F10 CREW

F10 CREW Clueless Newbie

hi Adam, do you want to join a whats app group for E38 owners? if yes, PM me your contact number and i get the admin to add u in