1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Need advice on BMW 535i experience

Discussion in 'F10, F11, F07' started by smugams, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Gon77

Gon77 New Member

Thank you bro Gen for the wonderful tips and advise. Think to remap so can gain hp and tork. Anyhow, does it harm the engine after the remap process?

Can you recommend any shop can get safe remap done? I believe yours ady done right? Thank you sifu

2. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

If you remap within tolerance allowable by the engine, then it should be fine. Occasional spirited session (means no track use, no rempit all the time etc) would do no harm. Seasoned tuners, i was told, normally keep a copy of your stock map, a just in case scenario if the updated map were to go not as planned. Normally, good tuners would be able to balance between the performance that u desire, and maintain the reliability (to some extent) of your engine. again, these are maps thats done within the tolerance limit. Its not a one-off process, as these tuners wld tune/map till u r satisfied. unless he got it spot on the first time around.

I have not remapped my ride yet bro. yes its in the pipeline. for the time being, its pretty much maintenance, maintenance, maintenance for me. getting back it to stock levels. waiting for my next ATF change (mid or end Feb) then only gonna do the remap. Bootmod3 (BM3) is the in thing for now. US & UK based tuners/owners been praising this a lot. a number of them dumped the traditional piggyback to BM3. Locally we hv Aktiv Tuning, Project'A, DNA Tuning to name a few. check out their FB pages. look at what they have to offer.

If u do proceed with any, do let me know. Wanna tag along. all the best bro!

3. smugams

smugams Club Guest

Hi Bro Gon77, welcome to the F10 535i world of beauty and the beast! You are with good hands here with Bro Gen as he is a 535i sifu. :) he kinda lured me into 535i as well...hihihi and I have no regrets whatsoever. I got a 2011 535i UK spec a month ago. What an amazing car with the right balance of power and handling. I simply love this car. Just wanna share with you my personal experience. I bought the car with Armytrix exhaust and Afe power intake (Magnum force) already fitted. So according to spec:
    - The armytrix exhaust: +16HP +22Nm -5.7Kg
    - The Afe power intake: +32 HP (but it think this figure is more realistic when you go to stage 2)

My experience with the car is simply superb. I used to drive the f10 528i LCI before. The exhaust valve is opened at 50% now and im loving it. 100% is good for highway runs (unless you wanna piss off ur neighbours during cold starts) and simply awesome sound. 50% is good enough all around and the car sound so good la. :) in my opinion the exhaust is very good option for cars like this and I am sure if you wanna remap the ecu for more power than exhaust and airtake will be the first thing comes to mind.
    For now I would like to keep this car as it is as power and response is already more than enough for me.

I wish you good luck with the car and your mod bro. Hope we all meetup with Bro Gen one of these days for TT session.

gendong likes this.
  4. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

We learn together la bro....... from each other.....

5. Gon77

Gon77 New Member

Thank you bro. Appreciate the word. Yes so in love with this beast, it has both. Whenever I need him to speed, he does like hell. So much different with e60 since I have driving it for ages.

Bro Smugams,

If you dont mind, can share me your contact number. Maybe we can meet up soon with Sifu Gendong.

6. smugams

smugams Club Guest

Sure bro, you can WhatsApp me at 0123175857. Me and bro Gen already communicating on WhatsApp. He even recommended a good mechanic and we now share the same mechanic. I am working abroad now and hopefully I can get home around middle of April. Yeah bro we can plan something together for sure. Enjoy the ride! And stay safe for now.