My UDM E90 320d

Discussion in 'The Showroom' started by Nailofar, Oct 31, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Nailofar

Nailofar Official Member

My newbie introduction 6 years ago:

[​IMG]
    Finally, on 15th September 2014 my dream come true after i bought my 1st UDM. It is BMW E90 320d, white color, performance edition year 2010 in great condition. More to come..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sam4me, koh_424, antiquer and 3 others like this.
  2. Nailofar

Nailofar Official Member

Luckily in kerteh here, i meet few BMW club members and also 320d diesel owner. From them, i learn on DIY stuff and I plan to perform routine maintenance by myself in future.

So, my first engine oil and filter change i did together with Muhaimin at his house. Next service will do by myself.
    Mileage: 82860km
    Engine oil: Petronas Syntium 3000 (supplied by muhaimin)
    Oil filter: OEM filter

It is very simple job to change oil and filter actually. Just need to invest on the tools for the 1st time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

koh_424, UnoS and Mavik like this.
  3. Nailofar

Nailofar Official Member

Rear brake pad need to be replaced soon so i went to Bavarian Auto Subang to shop the pad and filters. I think the price is cheaper than my previous proton.

[​IMG]

I notice that i don't have spare tyre anymore and buy this pump and tyre repair kit from Ace Hardware. Put in the car just in case of emergency.

[​IMG]

koh_424, UnoS and Mavik like this.
  4. Nailofar

Nailofar Official Member

Actually before i bought this car, i already tender a BMW number. The hard part is i need to go to Puspakom back and as expected i had to remove my 1 month old tint (cheap tinted only) to meet puspakom spec.

Total damage: RM1200. Now, funding money for new tint :smile: .

i also plan to get new euro plate number.

[​IMG]

antiquer, UnoS and Mavik like this.
  5. SilverBullet

SilverBullet Club Guest

Nice ride bro :rock: Congrats on finally acquiring your dream ride, nothing beats the feeling of achieving your dreams :) From kancil during student days and in the next few years voila a 320d BMW is really something..all the best enjoying the UDM for many years to come

Nailofar likes this.
  6. Nailofar

Nailofar Official Member

Thank you bro. Actually, after kancil i drive proton preve for 2 years but my heart cannot resist to own a bmw. Sold my preve and buy this car.

7. ck82

ck82 Member

Congrats... Nice ride there...

8. Nailofar

Nailofar Official Member

Today, i successfully replaced my rear brake pads by following online guide from here. The post is very informative and actually not difficult to replace the pads provided the tools are available.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=613337

Mileage: 86200 km
    Brake pad: RM152
    Wear sensor: RM42 (i did not replace the sensor because old sensor still good. no scratch at all)
    Duration: less than 2 hours

i also found out that my rubber at the absorber is already worn out. need to replace the absorber soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

koh_424 likes this.
  9. Nailofar

Nailofar Official Member

Changed my plate to euro number style at Auto Plate Division, Subang cost me RM230. Quite expensive but the quality is good.

Here is the picture from their instagram:

[​IMG]

zidee likes this.
  10. Nailofar

Nailofar Official Member

After did my research and reading about car tint, finally i decided to choose Llumar tint for my car. i did contact several branch to get the best offer for Llumar Diamond 6 and Llumar Alam Avenue, Padang Jawa branch give the best offer. The price for Llumar diamond 6 is only RM1600 compared to other branches RM2k and above.

In the shop, i see all Llumar products and finally i picked Llumar Metal 8-40 and it is JPJ non compliance. the reason I choose the tint over Diamond 6:
    Pros:
    - It is black color. Diamond 6 is green.
    - 8 mils security. diamond 6 only 6 mils
    - Cheaper than diamond 6
    Con:
    - only 7 years warranty vs 10 years for diamond 6

Price for Metal 8-40 is RM1400.00

It took me 5 hours to wait in the shop because they have only one worker at that time. but the quality and workmanship is superb. Very recommended to all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Nailofar

Nailofar Official Member

Photoshoot after car wash at my Kampung:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lan evo likes this.
  12. Nailofar

Nailofar Official Member

Did my 90k service by myself to replace engine oil and oil filter. Now i am using Syntium 7000 for engine oil. After short test drive, i feel the engine a little bit smoother. Maybe because of new fresh oil.

Cost:
    Syntium 7000 4 liter: RM187 (staff price). Need to buy two bottles
    Oil filter: RM38
    Tools investment: Floor jack - RM300, jack stand - RM60

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

jeff_sin, koh_424 and UnoS like this.
  13. Nailofar

Nailofar Official Member

Yesterday, i replaced my rear absorber by myself after i found out that the rear height is lower than the front and the rubber cover is already damaged that might lead to leaking. Physically, there is no leak to the absorber. Just preventive maintenance since the absorber is almost reach 100k mileage.

I bought the part from Bavarian Auto Subang and the available brand is Boge. The price is RM350/pc and total is RM990 including mounting and rubbers.

After replaced the absorber, the rear height of the car increase by almost 10mm and can instantly feel the different after short test drive. Low speed cornering is firmer and also can feel a little bit bouncing at the back but not much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

zidee and koh_424 like this.
  14. moots

moots Club Guest

bro nailofar,
    i hope you had the axle jack underneath yr car somewhere during the damper chg process ya.
    and i also just bought the heavy duty workshop jack similar like yrs but a low profile one for rm350....:wub:

much much easier to jack my car up now as the jack that i have r the ones sold in giant/tesco and its a bit too high to slide under the car....

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

Nailofar likes this.
  15. Nailofar

Nailofar Official Member

Yes, i have jack stand underneath the car for safety. I pay RM400 for the floor jack but not the low profile one. 350 for low profile jack is very good deal bro.

I also have RM60 jack from giant and put standby in my car.

16. Nmr Nik Soh

Nmr Nik Soh Club Guest

as salam nailofar...where u now(somewhere in terengganu?) i'm planning to get my dream e90 320d too but still looking a good price..i hope i can meet u oneday after i buy the car...do have any major or minor issue with your new ride?

zidee likes this.
  17. Nailofar

Nailofar Official Member

Wslm Nik. i am in Kerteh, Terengganu now. There is no major issue to the car. Just do regular maintenance and replace wear & tear parts.

Market price for 2011 now around 120k i think. Good luck in your searching.

18. Nmr Nik Soh

Nmr Nik Soh Club Guest

what price u bought your udm(177hp)?/..i think your car didn't come with iDrive right? i have to learn how to repair the car by my self with u...do u have any experience to do that?

19. TeddyRiley

TeddyRiley New Member

I'm from Ara damansara and I hope I could the morning TT sessions over the weekends. I wanna learn on how to take care of this UDM and where to send the place for servicing my gear box among others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Nailofar

Nailofar Official Member

My car is year 2010 (184hp) and no idrive. There are many DIY guides on the net to follow and i also still learning. I bought the car last time at RM120k.

rattlesnake1982 likes this.