My E90 LCI 320d Called Denise

Discussion in 'The Showroom' started by Mavik, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Mavik

Mavik New Member

Trying out the upgraded forum and since I have a couple of photos of my car, I would like to share it up here.

CarPhotos-003.jpg

CarPhotos-005.jpg

Mine is the Space Grey E90 in the photos.

Current mods on it: (Last updated May 2014)
    • Carbon fibre front lips replica from China
    • Carbon fibre rear spoiler replica from China
    • 19" BBS CH-R rims with Nexen N8000 tyres (235/35/19 and 265/30/19 sizes)
    • 17" stock 194m M Sport rims with Toyo R1R (225/45/17 and 255/40/17 sizes) - purely for track use
    • M Performance Big Brake kit (brembo 6-potter)
    • Ferodo DS2500 brake pads for the front brakes
    • Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Hose (SSBH) - Bought it online here
    • H&R ARB (27mm front and 20mm rear) solid anti roll bars (P/N: 33211-1) - Installed it at M-Power Technique at Bandar Tun Razak
    • Ultra Racing Front Strut Bar (P/N: UR-TW2-1026) - Bought and Installed this at Kakimotor at Sunway
    • Ultra Racing Front Lower Bar (P/N: UR-LA2-1027) - Bought and Installed this at Kakimotor at Sunway
    • Ultra Racing Rear Lower Bar (P/N: UR-RL2-1030) - Bought and Installed this at Kakimotor at Sunway
    • Full ECU Remap by ProArt
    • Recaro Sporters CS driver seat (product page)
    Upcoming mods or experiments
    • Ohlins Road & Track Coilovers - (P/N: bms-mi00)
    • Custom exhaust catback 3" diameter
    • Snow Performance Water Meth Kit

fknbyojji, enkil and initialM like this.
  2. prodigy

prodigy Club Guest

Bro, any difference in terms of diesel clatter after you use Liquimoly Ceratec?

3. Mavik

Mavik New Member

Slightly softer and the engine feels super smooth. But after a while it returns back to normal. I normally add in Ceratec every 20,000km.

4. Mavik

Mavik New Member

Here is the Dyno chart for my car, did it on a Dyno Dynamics at Vision in Sunway. It is meant for a comparison between a stock 320d (184hp version) and with the DTUK piggy back at map setting 4

BMW 320d Dyno chart.jpg

At stock the power was rated at 170ps and the DTUK gave quite good gains of 28ps (current figure now at 198ps)

I did write something regarding dyno results here as well (http://www.autofreaks.net/2013/12/sunday-musings-car-dyno-days/)

initialM and UnoS like this.
  5. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

impressive.....

p/s more pics of Denise and its curves please......

6. Shazwan92

Shazwan92 Club Guest

Bro, nice ride and nice figures! hehehe.. Post the current pics of ur ride bro :D

7. Mavik

Mavik New Member

Haven't taken the photos yet, will take it this Saturday at Sepang ;)

8. Mavik

Mavik New Member

After a month my Goodridge Steel Braided hose has finally arrived from the UK.

Goodridge SSBH.JPG

Back in December I was calling up all the shops and local distributors that I know and most of them said that they were out of stock for the E90 series. I asked them when would the earliest be and they said after CNY. Decided to buy it online straight from the shop in the UK and ship it over here. Glad that the total cost was cheaper compared to getting it from the distributor here.

Why I decided to change my brake hoses to steel braided ones? Its because when the standard rubber hoses get hot, it expands and I experience quite a fair bit of brake fade after 9-10 laps. Hopefully with steel hoses and better brake fluids, it should be able to hold up better at this weekend's Renault Track Day.

UnoS likes this.
  9. Mavik

Mavik New Member

Installing the Goodridge Steel Braided Hose now on the car as well as bleeding the brake fluid. Decided to go with ATE racing Blue.

photo.JPG

UnoS likes this.
  10. Mavik

Mavik New Member

Am very glad I decided to go with the combination of SSBH, brake fluid and Ferodo DS2500 pads. Braking power was really good at the track and the bite was nice and progressive. So much so that I brake very hard putting in a lot of pressure on the front tyres till they are now quite worn out. But glad to be able to hit below 2.50 at Sepang yesterday.

photo.JPG

Going to try out AD08R for my next set of track tyres. Just hope that they have my size.

11. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Tyres look good bro…..

12. Mavik

Mavik New Member

joonsuan likes this.
  13. Mavik

Mavik New Member

initialM likes this.
  14. Mavik

Mavik New Member

Brought the car for a checkup after the track day at Aylezo Motorsport in Subang Industrial Park. Prior to the TimetoAttack event, I had them do a full spanner check on all the parts and after doing that the feel of the car was a lot tighter and I can really feel it via the steering.

[​IMG]

Also during the check, I found that my bushings were worned out after 73,000km (there is a hairline crack on the rubber bit)
    [​IMG]

I found the part number of the parts I needed and searching through the stockists for a quote. Can't wait to replace them with some upgrades (lower control arm and upper control arms).

Also managed to perform an ATF oil change and after looking at the oil which came out of my gearbox, I am surprised that BMW Malaysia is adamant that our gearboxes are considered long life and doesn't need a change during BSRI. Honestly it should be changed at 40,000km because I saw the oil coming out of a car which had a mileage of 48,000km and mine at 73,000km, the oil was pitch black and thank God that there weren't any metal shavings. After changing them to Fuchs Titan ATF 6000 (http://www.fuchslubricants.com/titan-atf-6000-sl) which is a BMW approved ATF fluid, the gear shifts are sooooo much smoother now.

Also decided to go for an ECU remap compared to a piggyback as I do plan for more hardware mods. Just remapped the car and now letting the ECU adapt to the new map but initial feel is a lot smoother. Mind you that the piggyback also does a good job giving me the power I needed but it won't be able to cater for a bit more hardcore hardware mods that I am eyeing.
    [​IMG]

The german tuner was here as they were prepping WingHin's Golf R (https://www.facebook.com/ProARTMotorsports) during the TimeToAttack. Spoke to him about the newer F30's and they also have a solution for these models as well. Anyway once I am done running in the car, I will bring it for a dyno run to see what sort of readings I can get but will do it once I resolve all my minor issues.

joonsuan, UnoS and SilverBullet like this.
  15. hanzo7979

hanzo7979 Club Guest

Hi Bro Mavik,

Can you share where you get those Goodridge Steel Braided hose? I'm looking for it too since Dec last year but couldnt get it all around the distributor.
    Thanks!

16. Mavik

Mavik New Member

I faced the same issue and I hard to order them directly from the UK (http://goodridge-uk.com/shop/en/). I ordered two sets (one for another member) so that did save a bit on shipping as the cost was shared.

17. Mavik

Mavik New Member

[​IMG]

Decided to change the anti roll bars to H&R ones to reduce the car's roll especially around Sepang. H&R ones are rated at solid bars 27mm/20mm thickness.

[​IMG]

The H&R ones are much heavier and more solid compared to the stock ones which are hollow.

Installing them takes a while so had to budget enough time as the rear ones require that the rear axle be dropped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some photos after it has been installed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can't wait for the 14th of June for the next Renault Sport track day. If I can shave a second off I am a happy man.

Total damage including installation was RM2k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Mavik

Mavik New Member

Spent the evening cleaning my leather seat using some 2 step leather cleaner as well.

[​IMG]

19. Mavik

Mavik New Member

[​IMG]

After some more fine tuning of the remap by ProArt, brought the car over the weekend for a dyno run to see the results.

Overall results are good, managed to get an increase of 7ps over my previous dyno run but power wasn't my main focus as I wanted more mid range pull especially for Sepang.

Dyno chart shows a very nice and smooth curve and it maintains the power at the upper range instead of dropping down fast.

20. Mavik

Mavik New Member

Finally fixed my seat and fix the leak at the intercooler hose. Each seal costs RM28.11 at Wheelcorp Auto in Setia Alam.

Also fitted the Recaro Sportster CS seat (same seat as the BMW Performance seats)

[​IMG]

slyder, initialM and joonsuan like this.