1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

My 2012 F13 640i M sport - the journey starts

Discussion in '6 Series' started by wobbles, Dec 4, 2011.

1. DJH

DJH Club Guest

No, no Bro Wobbles. We all here can only envy for being able to own 2 top range UDM namely F02 and F13. We look up to you for your success which we can only dreamt about and for us to emulate. Congrats on your new baby (coming soon, be patient ya)

2. DJH

DJH Club Guest

on another note, if u r scared of being trapped in the lift, condo/apartment is not for u unless u stay at the grd floor or you guys call it 1st floor

3. wobbles

wobbles Rarely active

Wahliao... bro DJH, you see me so atas... dun leh, I am a humble working man (although I work very hard).... now I a bit paiseh to post on the forums already...

4. DJH

DJH Club Guest

Dun think anyone here own 2 top range UDM like yours. U r the man. As the leader of the pack, u must not paiseh and must continue to share your wisdom O'mighty one.

5. Eggie86

Eggie86 Club Guest

Haha bro, the feeling is mutual la. You've also supported my Wannabe thread for like ages... :biggrin:

Really appreciate it. I know my car will look puny when parked beside those awesome ride of yours, but heck, we're still passionate towards Bimmers. :love:

Hope we can meet up someday bro.

6. wobbles

wobbles Rarely active

Bro, I have EVERY intention to meeting up with you guys at one of your TT sessions in the future. It'll be nice to put a face to the nickname, and also enjoy talking ¢♂£k & singing songs with fellow Bimmerheads :). Besides, I'm itching for an excuse to take a drive up North... just gotta get the car first, then, hopefully, the house renovations will be finished on time, then when my poor wife has had time to recover & rest (she's the one doing all the screaming at the contractors), we can start planning a holiday... hehehe. I'll be sure to let you guys know way in advance - even better if I can arrange to join you guys for one of your road trips/day drives!

7. DJH

DJH Club Guest

Any issue with contractor? u need advice? My 2 cents if i can

8. wobbles

wobbles Rarely active

Thanks bro DJH. The main issue is as usual, the delay. It's been 2 weeks since work started, and they have just finished waterproofing the external walls where they had to repair some leakage/water seepage... We still have 4 levels of flooring to go through, not to mention the modifications to the bathrooms/bedrooms etc... and my car, although delayed, will definitely need a place to park!!!!

9. DJH

DJH Club Guest

thought u stayed in a condo. U bought a new house? Congrats.
    Odd to know, external wall needs waterproofing?

10. wobbles

wobbles Rarely active

Yeah, when I floated the idea of getting a second car to her majesty, she came back with a very pertinent question: where are you gonna find the place to park 2 cars? The condo has space for one car, and for owners with 2 or more cars, it's always a first come first served basis. She didn't want our cars to be scratched by accident or by unhappy car owners.

So, before I was allowed to go get my toy, she said, you go get a place that will fit 2 cars first; which I did, about 18 months back, prior to booking the 640i. It's a cluster semi-D, build-up is about 4500sqf over 4 levels - but the most important thing is that we have TWO PRIVATE CAR PARKING SPACES! That's why we are only moving into the house now.

The water-proofing is due to some cracks in the external walls we discovered on inspection prior to moving in. I got the contractors to hack out the cracks and reseal with concrete etc before repainting with waterproof paints. Wife has like a phobia for leaky walls... so as I am a good hubby, what wife wants, wife gets.

That way, what I want, I hope to get also hahahaha

11. Eggie86

Eggie86 Club Guest

Like that, I expect a thread on F10 ///M5 to be on the cards... Wahahaha. :24: :D

12. DJH

DJH Club Guest

Wow 4 levels but sadly only 2 car bays. Could be better to have 3 bays. I assume each level about 1k sq ft each.
    As for leakage, normally wall leakage may not come from external wall. It could be from window sills, toilets, and down pipes. If it is level 1 wall, could be from ground. U may need to find out more. I cannot ascertain unless i can see the defects personally.

13. wobbles

wobbles Rarely active

No lah bro... I expect this F02 to be my last big car, and the F13 will also be as big a coupe I think I can manage comfortably. Wife had a very very bad scrape on those 21" 312 rims on the 7 about 2 weeks ago - very heart pain - and she said she's getting clumsy trying to pilot a car in excess of 5 meters long.

When the time comes to trade in the 7, I'll be looking to downsize. Hopefully, it'll still be a Bimmer...

14. Eggie86

Eggie86 Club Guest

Wah, those rims got curbed ah? Serious ouch bro.

Well, downsizing from the F02, maybe time is ripe for the F30 335i... :biggrin:

15. wobbles

wobbles Rarely active

Hahaha... bro Eggie, not so soon. I promised my wife I'd drive the F02 for at least another 3 - 4 years - at least until the new F02 comes out (expected in 2016, apparently). Then, it would be ideal to consider down-sizing. Hopefully, the COE levels would have gone down then - at the moment, it's peaking at $78,000 just for a crazy piece of paper... I'm seriously counting my lucky stars to have secured the F13 before the COE went stratospheric!

16. wobbles

wobbles Rarely active

Hi Bro DJH, wow... you are really knowledgeable about house construction! You must be the big towkay of a housing developer :D ! Anyway, if I have time, I'll take some shots of the house for your opinion & input - especially if the issues are not properly addressed by the contractors! Thanks in advance!

17. morrogan

morrogan Official Member

Boss, please cc the wall crack/seepage photos to me too. I also want to learn a thing or two.

THanks.

18. wobbles

wobbles Rarely active

Bros, bros - I dunno whether I can trust thisor not, but my SE called me today, and said my car has been approved and homologated :) - estimated collection is either 8 or 9 of March... dunno 2012 or 2013 though, hahahaha

19. morrogan

morrogan Official Member

Just one or two more days to go.....! Please remember to take photo record.

20. Eggie86

Eggie86 Club Guest

Agreed with Morrogan - pics pics pics! :top: