1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

I love my 1 series

Discussion in '1 Series' started by Quikflyer, Jun 17, 2008.

1. SalinaSaad

SalinaSaad Club Guest

aiyaaaa aunty grace, tat one i also have......... :wink::wink:

2. ShiangHorng

ShiangHorng Club Guest

How do you find you 120i?

Very satisfying? :burnout:

3. SalinaSaad

SalinaSaad Club Guest

well i'd say from scale 1 to 10 i'll give 8 :eek::wink: becoz it accomodates what i need and what i expect from it :4: ... The only thing tat im not satisfy with is the fact tat its not fully leather, no power seats, and too pricey for its size......

But frankly speaking its more of a driver's car and not a passenger car base on the feedback tat i get from my bro and sis :wink:

4. kshapawi

kshapawi Club Guest

yeah almost like satria GTI....syok sendiri...

5. SalinaSaad

SalinaSaad Club Guest

pardon me... almost like a GTI?? Have u actually drive one b4? Or at least have a look at it? GTI is by far not its competitor.. not even close :stupid:

6. kshapawi

kshapawi Club Guest

hehehe...sorry...hehehe

7. pion

pion Club Guest

kshapawi

To draw an analogy.... u have just compared a carlo rino handbag with a Louis Vuitton handbag.

Or if still cant visualise, a Seiko Black Monster Diver with a Panerai Luminor Marina

:) i think the 1 series competitor is the volkswagen GTI in Malaysia

8. shaifulo

shaifulo Club Guest

i really want to know what reasons people make the decision to buy the 1 over GTI (if they were comparing the two)...other than the branding itself la, coz i wud take the GTI anytime.

9. gracetcp

gracetcp Club Guest

It's the sexy look. GTI very the ugly lah, hee hee!

10. SalinaSaad

SalinaSaad Club Guest

apart from the look tat i find unusual yet attractive :wink:, it is also lesser on the road unlike volkswagen GTI tats too common.. tats my personal opinion... and ofcourse the brandname :4:

11. SalinaSaad

SalinaSaad Club Guest

:4: seconded... GTI for me it looks like a facelifted version of Charade...... cabutzzzzz

12. pion

pion Club Guest

.. i was comparing with the Golf GTI before i bought the 1series.
    Why?

1. the looks. 1series looks more aggresive in my humble opinion
    2. my hearbeat fast when sat in the 1 series
    3. more confidence in BMW after sales & parts
    4. volkswagen showroom not impressive. 1 page brochure given to me on the GTI whereas the bmw has a book brochure to give. :D 1st the the BMW SA asked was "would u like to test drive the car?" ... the volkswagen dealer made no test drive offer
    5. my hearbeat fast when sat in the 1 series.... :D:D:D
    6. the amber colour dials & the ergonomic layout compared to the blueish dials of the GTI
    7. its a bmw
    8. well....i don't really need a that powerful car. how fast can i drive in town?
    9. 50-50 weight distribution of the 1series
    10. the exhaust note
    11. the syiok sendiri factor as a driver. passenger comfort not utmost priority. after all i'm paying, so i must syiok :D:D:D
    12. the nice thick steering wheel with the thumb mold.
    13. the cuddly feeling in the car.
    14. easy to park
    15. the matching body & seat colour. my exterior is monaco blue & so are the seats :D
    16. the handling

13. SalinaSaad

SalinaSaad Club Guest

well said :top::top: i totally agree with u about not needing such a powderful car coz after all im mostly stuck in the jam.... :eek::eek:

14. kl_mafia

kl_mafia Club Guest

its interesting to read all of your opinion about golf gti here.

Having owned a few sports car like subaru, evo, e46 ci, i feel that the golf gti is a good compromised between a sports car and a 4-door for a couple / small family.

the handling of a golf gti and the power it provides in all rpm range make it a fun car to drive.

anyway, im migrating to bmw again.
    still couldnt make up my mind between the recond 525/530 or new 325 sports or new 323ci.

cheers

15. hanuman

hanuman Club Guest

what about the post-sale support for VW vs BMW? am not too sure about that..anyone? sorry am a newbie in motorworld :)

16. kl_mafia

kl_mafia Club Guest

for VW, the after sales service from VW Cars is a complete rubbish.my car is fully kitted with ABT aerodynamics kit and the front lip is a bit too low. when i sent for servicing, they promised to take care of the car. in front of my eyes, the service supervisor drove my car up the ramp with the front lip scraping the concrete.

i then sent my car to euromobil to repaint the front lip and bumper, the car cameback with a totally different colour. p/s; my car is candy white, but they painted they lip + bumper with championship white. i asked them to check on some rattling noise in the boot, they came back and told me they cant do it since the mechanics were busy.

i tried wearnes in sungai besi once. i sent in to replace my air cond vent (note my niece shove her plastic barney into the aircond vent and broke it into pieces!!). the service supervisor were friendly and good, however the mechanics were a bit uptight.

i guess its the malaysian 'thing'. u will always get treated badly unless u are some dato/tan sri ...

just my 2 cents worth..

17. pgbimmer

pgbimmer Club Guest

Frankly both different in a way or two! GTI's ( i mean VW's NOT Proton) is way more powerful but build quality is no where near 1series! 1series is an attention getter whereby GTI's is more of a wolf in sheep skin! GTI DSG gearbox is wayyyyyyyyy ahead of its competitors!!!! And if you say i like 1series well you bet! But then again at 50:50 weight distribution its fun to drive and i will be eagerly waiting for my new 1series!!!!!

18. pgbimmer

pgbimmer Club Guest

After sale support well its BMW FOR SURE!!!!! VW's service centre is SHIT!!

19. pion

pion Club Guest

just remembered some other factors that contributed to my 1series purchase. more to add to my above list.. :):D

17. the push start button & the key fob. it gives added weight to the driver fun factor. the key fob...is a real key fob unlike some other car makes with makes it key-like & hence key-shaped, which makes it potentially easy to break. i like the full square design of the bmw key fob bcos it feels comfortable in the pocket...& doesnt poke u unnecessarily around the pocket area.:wink: ... i like the push-start thingy :)

18. cbu. made in germany :D it's stated on the driver B-pillar

19. 10 speakers car hi-fi

20. extra storage/carriage space when the back seats are folded. almost like a station wagon/mini-suv :D :D

the above are the pros/things i like about the 1series.
    what i dun like? thus so far :

a. the ride veers on the hard bumpy side when goiing on speed bumps & rough undulating roads. i would say the ride is sporty/hard but is still tolerable. i believe this is due to the hard sidewalls of the run-flat tyres. On normal well tarred roads it behaves well :) Some owners have solved this by changing to normal tyres... :)

b. the slight rattle noise from my dash trim when going through bumpy road. i believe this can be solved with a visit to the service centre. probably due to some loose clip connecting the trim to the dashboard.

20. ShiangHorng

ShiangHorng Club Guest

Hmmm... the first time I went to The Curve, they offered me a test drive but lately my friends do not get a test drive because they are lacking of GTIs and stuff like that.

Now, they do give a better catalog.