1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

How come few members visited forums . Where are they?

Discussion in 'A Test Forum' started by uncle aziz, Aug 22, 2014.

1. uncle aziz

uncle aziz Club Guest

if new group has been formed, pl let me know.

2. antiquer

antiquer Official Member

They are here.. just they have nothing to say maybe.. :D

infinityKL, Xthree and uncle aziz like this.
  3. uncle aziz

uncle aziz Club Guest

ohhhh...they hv shifted to FB BCM.....

4. _M_

_M_ The Rusted Jackets

Uncle.. yes, there's abt 3k members hav moved to BCM FB.

But even more hav moved to BMWCM's own FB.. over 10k.

5. cyne

cyne Club Guest

But seems like you can't join if u didn't get invited

Xthree likes this.
  6. Mavik

Mavik New Member

The FB page is normally a closed group. Just send in a request and you will be added in.

There are of course limitations as well between the difference of a FB Group and a Forum. I guess the forum is kept as the platform where the data can be kept and easily searched whilst in the FB group, the more current topics, discussions and shares are easily available because of the close integration of social media, people on mobile phones and etc..

The forum can be viewed via TapaTalk but I am trying to get the access to upgrade the Tapatalk version here in order to ensure that the bugs are ironed out.

Xthree, splee and unstopables_7 like this.
  7. anxious

anxious Club Guest

Yes the forum has been quite quiet. Unlike the early days, pre migration.

8. Mavik

Mavik New Member

Understand that the migration was done by the administration as the older version had a lot of security bugs which caused the host server to be hacked in. Hence the change. Please note that currently the server space and administration is offered to the club for free hence we do try our best to get it right and up and running.

Understand a lot of people are adverse to change but as they say, the only constant in this world is change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. splee

splee Club Guest

Don't think that the migration or technology has anything to do with the drop in traffic. I would think that the real reason behind is lack of quality posting and discussion. Sad to say that many postings nowadays lack quality and were merely seeking answer to questions or issues that have been discussed before where a simple search or RTFF would have given you the answer. There's also a general lack of technical contributions from seniors. Probably the seniors feel frustrated having to give all the time but learn or gain nothing new from the forum. In addition, I would think the more formal environment of the forum also is a problem as many nowadays prefer not so formal platform like Facebook to communicate. Probably the common language used in this forum is also a problem as we all know our standard of English proficiency is dropping. Just sharing my thoughts.

X6M, saat, Xthree and 4 others like this.
  10. pchan1

pchan1 Active Member

Well said splee. You're spot on from my opinion. I also troll f30post/bimmerpost forum for quite sometime and it's heaven and earth in terms of quality of posting and contributions from my observation. Not that msian in general is any less capable compared to Ang Moh but perhaps we are lacking in terms of fire starter, people who generally bring up interesting topics for discussion, open ended topics and not limited to topics merely to seek a quick answer here and there. The quick and easy way to rejuvenate perhaps is to use some of the topics that is interesting in bimmerpost and roll them here that suits the day to day of msian boleh lifestyle. Or something along the line. I think the CMs or OMs can play a big part here to inject and stir up some interesting topics and posting and eventually the interest from general will return to its glorious days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

splee likes this.
  11. Mavik

Mavik New Member

Will try our best

_M_ and splee like this.
  12. peniagakaya

peniagakaya New Member

Nak tanya nak repair enjin bmw e90 320i 2008 di kl. Di mana workshop yg ok?

13. jakpo

jakpo Official Member

Peniagakaya, nak area mana? Subang? Gombak? Kelang? Shah Alam? Damansara?

jakpo
    Sent from Tapatalk V3.1.0

14. Astronyu

Astronyu Club Guest

Might as well revamp the forum, make it to properly use links so search engine can find it better. Right now sorry to say it a mess, doesn't really show a serious enthuasist forum in a good care.

15. Mavik

Mavik New Member

Thanks for the feedback Astronyu. Yes, SEO optimization is one of the things which isn't easy to manage but is something that we are looking to improve.

May I ask what do you mean by "make it properly use links so search engine can find it better"?

16. foong

foong New Member

As per my observation, the numbers of visitors increased lately... :69:

Shahrezan likes this.