1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Gatal Again - e60? e90?

Discussion in 'E60, E61' started by azwanb, Jul 22, 2007.

1. azwanb

azwanb Club Guest

I have not logged in the forum for a LONG time now as have just been busy with work - now covering SEA Region in my job, I just travel too much these days. I cannot believe how nice this site is now! Congrats to all who have put in all the effort, not just prettying up the site but also organizing all the club activities. :top: After I spent all that money last year on the car, it has been a dream to drive and has not given me any problems whatsoever BUT... like all men, there is a period that you get that itch... for mods or upgrade. I feel like an upgrade. Maybe BMW, maybe something else. The Camry looks prettier than the last so that would be a good decision economically. (Well, I guess the best decision is probably to do nothing). However, the biggest issue that I face is the value of the e39 that I would imagine would have dropped significantly since I bought it over a year ago(used 0 most of you guys would have seen my initial post on the e39 Dinan). What is your view about a potential upgrade to either a used 240k ish e60 or a 200k ish e90 (I got someone who can get me a good deal on the e90 - she got hers for 185k with a car that only got 2k milieage on it!). Or should I just be prudent and do nothing and keep the car for another few years? Sensible answers appreciated. HELP!

2. Crymson

Crymson Club Guest

Since you are already used to a bigger sized car, get the E60. In 2009, the E60 replacement should be announced .... E60 could be cheaper.

3. Zaidatul Aini

Zaidatul Aini Club Guest

Hi there
    m agree wif u guys..
    juz bought E90 325i m sport...now waiting for delivery...paid da deposit already...:top:

4. 5115

5115 Club Guest

bro,fren of mine letting go his 2006 dec E60 520,pm me for details

5. QD250

QD250 Founding Member

wait a few years.....

6. Juan Powerblow

Juan Powerblow Club Guest

Whatever it is, you would have made a great choice. Just a word of advise though, go for bigger engines to enhance your satisfaction amd emjoyment i.e. E90 325i or 330i or E60 525i or 530i.

7. Zaidatul Aini

Zaidatul Aini Club Guest

huhuhu..nak jugak ek?:rolleyes:

8. funfer_fahrer

funfer_fahrer Club Guest

Bro azwanb,

Long time no see..If I were you, just keep your E39. My reasoning would be the car is just simply awesome. The sleek design, the build quality and the DNA is 100 percent German. It's not easy to find such high quality car anymore. You'll never find a real replacement update for E39, just like you'll never see a real replacement update for the E30. Only purists will understand.

9. supergripen

supergripen Club Guest

well said bro...Azwan,FF has a valid point here.while i myself drive an e60,the e39 is simply a superb car that till now has no replacement.the e60 is such a different machine that the pureness is just not there..its too automated/electoni-cised,to the point that u lose that pureness that FF was talking about.
    truth be told,i still long for an e30 after all the cars i've owned all these years.i'd say the e30 was the best bar none.
    so bro,keep the e39..i'd do the same if i had one.

10. alxy

alxy Club Guest

Keep it and get a 3-series! Why not? I bought my E46 325 July last year. Loved the feel of BMW and now I have a E60 530 next to it! :)

11. JoeYazid

JoeYazid Founding Member

AzwanB, long time no see ahhh... I thought gone liow ... hehhe doing a Regional work hah ....

I agree with Funfer and supergripen ...... you seldon in town summore ..... but ....

since your commission so huge and cannot finish is, get promoted with very high salary summore ... why not you buy another one, and let yr wife drive it ... you also can pinjam when you are in town.

Yazid

12. bozo

bozo Club Guest

Bro keep e39. If you really want to upgrade go for e90, 330 preregistered now at less than 300k. Budget not there 325 is doing less than 250k pre-reg.

Lower capacity e60, you dont get the same satisfaction. E60 for 300k you get entry level 523 with 171bhp, not much umph!!!

If you can afford it, dont buy camry, though its a good car and all and financially all round a better deal given high resale value. U work hard for for money so buy what pleases u, we all only live once.

Dont pay for badge, pay for performance.

13. funfer_fahrer

funfer_fahrer Club Guest

I saw in Motor Trader 1989 Ferrari Testarossa going for RM25X K. Sekarang, macam mana? You live only once..

14. alxy

alxy Club Guest

Good luck with the road tax! :wink:

15. funfer_fahrer

funfer_fahrer Club Guest

The road tax is around 10K. From what I know, my friends who bought brand new supercars only paid the road tax only once. That is, only for the first time. That's why the rich stays rich.:top: The car also very under utilised, maybe you stretch her legs once a month. So, no point paying road tax. If kena saman ten times a year because of no valid road tax, you still untung maa..:top:

Belilah...Ferrari..Testarossa..
    Kereta merempit keluaran Itali terunggul..:rock:

16. funfer_fahrer

funfer_fahrer Club Guest

Once you drive Ferrari, you'll discover what you've been missing in this life. You live only once. Life is short. Live life to the fullest. Don't let the M3 and M5 cucuk you from belakang again.

17. bozo

bozo Club Guest

brader, testarosa no pointlah, we not miami vice, for that kind of money I buy M3 2002 better. Ferrari you buy for badge only, real performance people buy BMW.

18. David Yong

David Yong Club Guest

Badge says everything.... performance..... it's very subjective. How fast or how dare can you go ??? Even if you want, there not much place for you to drive fast. So to me.... the badge comes first!

19. funfer_fahrer

funfer_fahrer Club Guest

You think so? Can the slowest BMW beat the slowest Ferrari? That's what badge is all about. If real performance people buy BMW, who's gonna buy Ferrari? It's a real performance car. :top: That's why you'll never see people change KNN filter or change 18 inch rims or install a supercharger in a Ferrari.

20. David Yong

David Yong Club Guest

:top: Agreeable!