1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Fuel injector cleaner

Discussion in 'Engine Tech' started by anaksarawak, Jan 20, 2013.

1. anaksarawak

anaksarawak Official Member

[​IMG][​IMG]After my impressive improvement in both power and FC after LM jet clean for my E46, i was convinced that clogged injectors is an issue for all old cars. Since I have two more cars at home and budget is limited so I give astroboy's suggestion a try. Am so impressed that it works!!! Found the above items on sale at parkson The Mall PWTC offered at 50% discount so I paid RM21.30 However you can get them at TESCO or ACE hardware or HOMEFIX I pour the whole bottle plus both tabs of dyno-tab before I fill my tank to half full from 1/4 tank. (that's not whats recommended but no worry as I wanted a fast effect) Drove the car hard with high rev to simulate LM jet clean for 160km in the 2 days. On the next fuel up to full tank I put another 2 tabs and measure my FC, my record shows I have extended 60km from my normal FC and that's impressive for Perdana Also found Mercedes-Benz produced such product for their cars hence should be good.[​IMG]

2. anaksarawak

I hope those have tried similar product to share their reviews/ feedback .. Thanks

3. slyder

slyder Official Member

Bro, STP black is sold at around RM25 at ace hardware if not mistaken as the original price. so 50% off should have been RM13 :p anyway there are a few other alternative at ace hardware. some are only priced around RM17. my friend who have used the RM17 one before claims it works the same.

4. anaksarawak

Thanks for the update.. You do know la Parkson's rack price is higher hence the product is not moving which lead to clearance sales. Do you use them on your E36 328?

5. Ojwong

Ojwong Official Member

Geo, i have been using Bizol fuel injection cleaner every 2500km...drives smoother :top:

[​IMG]

6. anaksarawak

How much it cost bro? Where to get them?

7. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Been using STP Fuel Injector Cleaner in the grey bottle. Used the additive at least twice a month on a full tank fill-up, or each time i go outstation. Could feel slight improvement in pick-up during acceleration, smoother drive and reduction in engine noise during morning start up. The bottle cost RM27 at most DIY outlets.

Reference : http://www.stp.com/products/fuel-additives/fuel-additives-comparison/

8. Ojwong

Ojwong Official Member

Bro i got it for rm40 from the distributor in malaysia. Let me knw if u want

I think MD auto care in pj carry bizol products too

9. GMENG

GMENG Club Guest

Anaksarawak, what's the difference between the LM Jet Clean and this Fuel Injector cleaner? can help to clarify?

10. anaksarawak

LM Jet Clean use the pressure machine and filter to inject the detergent/cleaner to the injectors hence with quicker and more aggressive pressure also result in immediate result. However the pour in or tab you we depending to our own injectors to clean itself with the detergent and require at least half tank of fuel or 200km-300km of travel.

My suggestions is best for those who have limited budget, LM Jet Clean is best for those who have the budget.

11. GMENG

GMENG Club Guest

Hi Anaksarawak, thanks for your explanation. By the way, how many times do we need to add the tab to the fuel tank for 1st timer? or we do it as often we want to?

12. BenedictC

BenedictC Club Guest

AS, how soon will you feel the effects if you don't tekan when you use STP and Dyno Tab?

I have been regularly using liqui moly diesel additiv and injection cleaner for my cars.. Don't feel much difference on my petrol cars though...

13. anaksarawak

You wont feel the different if your injectors are clean and well maintained, I presumed it is since you use Liqui Moly addictive :)

14. anaksarawak

Ben, I have not tired with regular driving. Its good if you can pour them it before a trip to Genting :) I read we should not leave the additive in the tank for too long (2 days or more) as it will stir the dirt in your tank and may clog your fuel filter / fuel pump.

15. anaksarawak

I only tried with 1 bottle of STP + 2 Dyno tab for 1/2 tank of fuel and drove it to almost empty as hard as I could :) Never try other method. LM Jetclean wont stir the fuel tank hence cleaner too

16. BenedictC

BenedictC Club Guest

omg.. thanks for the info. I tend to leave it in a couple of days, but I will usually 'tekan' while stationary after pouring... sometimes the exhaust spits out water

17. Strider74

Strider74 Club Guest

AS, just something to ponder bro, arent we stirring the fuel in the fuel tank whenever we refuel? During emergency stops and hard acceleration?

18. anaksarawak

Very true bro but if you dont leave the additive in the tank for long it will not dissolve or loosen any dirt in your tank thats my logic. Guess its best to put the tab/additive then fuel up then leave in garage for an hour before you run /rev the engine for 1 hour or till your 1/2 tank is gone.

19. shiva73

shiva73 Club Guest

Good post . I stumble to this product too. Bot it , but havent use it till now as no confidence. Now since its proven doesnt harm the engine , i will stick to using it . TQVM guys

20. aoch88

aoch88 Club Guest

I'm wondering what sort of fuel injector cleaner I should use on the N53 engine? It should be the same as N54 since both are direct injection except N54 has Turbo