1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Finally, my baby is ready. E60 520D WARNING : Image Intensive!!

Discussion in 'The Showroom' started by noobie, Aug 5, 2011.

1. noobie

noobie Club Guest

good question... i also want to know :) saw a coupld of e60s (or maybe they are the real deal) with m5 mirrors. looks cool with half black and the other half painted. but but buttt....... i have other priorities than the mirrors. i think mine is working just fine for now. :)

2. noobie

noobie Club Guest

no worries, forum is to share. not sure if i have violated any rules or regulation pertaining to giving out adresses... but since i didn't get any warning/notice from the administrators, i guess i'm still on their good books :)

btw, i'm in no way connected to their people (recommended) in my threads. I just felt that they have done a good job, so, credit goes to them. that's all.

3. noobie

noobie Club Guest

BTW, i had just found out that there is a sub-forum called "showroom". Sorry, usually i do direct link access to e61 sub-forum, thus didn't realise the showroom. Can any kind souls help move this thread to the correct sub-forum? thanks.

noobie.

4. kk123

kk123 Club Guest

M5 side mirror is oval in shape right? Correct me if im wrong ya! :)

5. noobie

noobie Club Guest

correct... correct... correct...

6. desbimmer

desbimmer Club Guest

I can help you speed up the process if you like...ekekeke.....

7. clovi5

clovi5 Club Guest

8. noobie

noobie Club Guest

Some updates, managed to gt the tailpipe that i've been dreaming of @ a very good price. 2 tailpipe +installation @ RM360.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After 2 months of searching, i've also finally able to get my hands on original msports rims. Had it refurbished and painted metallic grey(powder coat) at wheels recond(sri damansara) @ RM340(incl 1 rim repair). The refurbishment of the rims are very reasonable but i'm not sure how long it will last.

Old rims taken out... now it's in my storeroom. Later will get it refurbished to hyper silver and probably keep it as spares.

[​IMG]

Newly refurbished rims after installation...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

that's all for now...

noobie.

9. ronnie2k9

ronnie2k9 Senior Member

Great car you had there.... I was looking for the E60 earlier on, but then end up getting the E90 Lci 320d last week, still looking for a E60 520d white also.... if you wanna sell your ride, let me know =D Cheers !!

10. noobie

noobie Club Guest

thanks for the complements ronnie, don't think will sell it that early :) spend close to 30k for the last 2 months to make the car a bit diff. i guess selling it out of the question at the moment. hehehe...

11. naharnms

naharnms Club Guest

Noobie- good write up and story telling ! Thanks for sharing bro !
    btw, nice ride you have there..do tell us when you get 1000km for a full tank ! hahaha

12. noobie

noobie Club Guest

Thanks naharnms, todate, I get average of 850km per full tank. Fill up till first click. Mixed driving. The highest so far is 980km, more than half the time is on highway for that particular drive. Sedated driving style :)

13. namidub

namidub Official Member

love your new rim color an the remus pipes! it certainly matches the alpinewhite car of yours.might want to do the same for my 320d!

14. aoch88

aoch88 Club Guest

Wonderful Remus tips and powder coated rims there. I think I should powder coat mine too so it looks better with the car :p Btw bro Namidub, replacing the tips means you'll void the warranty I guess?

15. docrayboy

docrayboy Official Member

noobie bro...give us the contact number, address, GPS coordinates if possible of the guys who did your wheels powder coat please. thanks1 How much did the powder coating cost and how long did the process take? Do they lend you new rims in the meantime it takes to get the rims ready? You are getting us all excited and gatal to spruce up/mod our rides too now! You da man! Long live BMWCM and this forum!:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

16. noobie

noobie Club Guest

It won't void the warranty cos just changing the tip.

17. noobie

noobie Club Guest

Double post.

18. noobie

noobie Club Guest

Doc,

It's wheels recond at Sri damansara. Look for.jalan kip 9 in the gps. Rm 70 per rims. Repair is rm60. The guy charged me rm340 for the powder coat & 1 rim minor repair. The guy will say its 4 days work but he did mine.in 2 days. U have to take out the rims.for him to do it. What I did was to buy another sets of msports rims and sent it to him for the job. Now I have 8 pcs of the msports :)

I think my e60's cosmetic upgrade is almost.complete... A happy man....

19. docrayboy

docrayboy Official Member

Next you have to get carbon fibre side mirrors and rear wing...bro-when was anything to do with mods ever complete?.......

20. noobie

noobie Club Guest

Hahaha... Enough lah... The stock mirrors are not bad looking. At least the ones in my "upgrade" list is almost.complete. I'm contented.