1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BSRI & Warranty Extension to 5 Years

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by mm8, Mar 24, 2014.

1. pchan1

pchan1 Active Member

To be honest I'm not exactly sure how the "warranty" is handled after standard 2 yrs factory warranty, whether SC bear the cost or BMWM or sharing of cost between the 2. My experience has been on 2 occasions during BSRI, once I tried to claim for interior fitting with cosmetic defect, SC advised this will unlikely get approval which I didn't pursue. Second occasion is noise in the drive shaft, this was successfully claimed against a faulty rear drive axle. Which is why I see BSRI as "limited warranty". Quite happy with the claim as this is a big ticket item.

However given the previous ownership of E90 with standard 25000km service interval, i see no point in extending. Now that my batch of F30 is default to 12000km service interval, it looks far more value for money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. prodigy

prodigy Club Guest

Just to share what the service advisor explained to me about BSRI after warranty ends, any warranty after it ends is based on goodwill and some cases, they may split the cost of changing that parts too. Some cases, 70-30, 70% obviously you and 30% SC pays. This is all verbal BTW.

Having read thru this thread and some members even get full claim after warranty ends, I guess they have a way to claim it from BMW Malaysia. So if SC proposes 70-30 cost splitting, it means they earn a clean profit for something that is claimed from manufacturer.

The keywords here are, be nice to your SC and they can work wonders for you. Think about it, they're a business people after all and so am I. Naturally you're always nicer to your customers that are nice to you or customers with track record in your SC outlet. Maybe it's a good idea to stick to one SC providing if they don't screw up big time.

3. joonsuan

joonsuan Guest
    Club Committee

Frankly speaking, extending BSRI just for regular servicing may not be worth the money, if you look purely from a cost perspective. As Bro Mavik said, sometimes the peace of mind from having your car serviced at the SC is already worth the money. What is also not mentioned explicitly is that sometimes, they can help claim for warranty on a goodwill basis. While there is no guarantee about warranty replacement, more often than not, they can help facilitate a claim.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z1 using Tapatalk Pro