BMW x3 2013

Discussion in 'X Series' started by brandon ling, Apr 1, 2013.

1. beemingbeemer

beemingbeemer New Member

Folks,

Just got my F25 X3. Does anyone have an issue where the trunk storage cover (the one that hide your hook rings and other stuff) does not fits between the metal railings correctly/snugly?

2. alienfighter

alienfighter New Member

So far no problem on that area.

Mine 2 times change wheel sensor. Thats big problem for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Alfred Chen

Alfred Chen New Member

Dear all,

Just got my F25 X3 pre-LCI x20d last week, it's a 2nd hand CBU unit, very rare colour - Dimond Red.

However, I didnt check carefully enough on it's condition, after i sent this car for a full service, my workshop told me that front lower arm both side need to be changed, air-con gas leaking on the cooling coil, and engine mounting and gear box mounting condition not good, shaking a bit...seems like need to spend some $ to bring this beauty back to tip-top condition.

4. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Congrats bro on ur new ride. sorry to hear that. possible to reach out to the dealer that sold u the car and ask for them to fix those issues, on a goodwill basis? its only been a week. im sure u can persuade them to work out something.

5. Alfred Chen

Alfred Chen New Member

it's the transfer case issue...BMW official will not fix this but only change a new one, i was told the price will be RM20k.
    This transfer case issue happened on a lot of x-series cars, X3 E83 and X5 are common.

It will usually come out when the car get fully warm up, and especially in cornering/U-turn; unfortunately, i didn't aware this at all when i tested driving this car.
    I was driving too gentle and on straight line pick-up only.

the lucky thing is, outside workshop are able to fix this, Optimum Motorworks at Kayu Ara is working on this for me, it will take few days...they told me not so expensive...praying hard.

6. Alfred Chen

Alfred Chen New Member

not diamond red, BMW called it Vermilion Red, hahaha, just learnt that.

7. Brie salleh

Brie salleh New Member

Hi
    Newbie from sp
    Will collect the 2nd hand by this week

Just to confirm/check
    X3 f25 2012
    Engine starting with noisy
    It is normal for twin turbo engine
    Petrol specs
    Any bmw x3 mechanic nearby sp or surrounding?

8. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Congrats bro! On the engine noise, how noisy are u talking about? Normally during cold starts, it will be a bit noisy with the tek tek tek tek sound...... after awhile, it wld calm down n the noise should be lesser. Its because of the lifters, so its normal.

9. beemerback

beemerback Official Member

ya its normal for a turbo like what gendong said...but as time goes it will be slightly louder compared to a newer engine