1. Welcome to BMWCLUBMALAYSIA.COM's newly migrated site! We've lost some data to a hacking attempt recently but were able to restore most of the website fortunately. It's an all-new forums platform so please make yourself at home and do explore the sections and features. You are required to request for a new password should you find your current login invalid. Thank you and enjoy the forums!
    Dismiss Notice

BMW i Wallbox

Discussion in 'iPerformance Series' started by Vincent330e, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Vincent330e

Vincent330e New Member

Has anyone installed this home charging station and would a common electrician be able to install it? Thanks.

2. aschmitter

aschmitter Club Guest

I'm not sure whether a common electrician would suffice. I'm sure BMW would be able to advise as to which electrician would be able to do it. As for me, i didn't go with the wallbox from BMW but instead went for a more generic one from Hager. The reason i did this was because of its IP57 certification as well as its more subtle design, i wanted something that would blend in to the background rather than shout out "hey look at me!". The company that installed this is based in PJ old town (near the wet market). Overall i'm very satisfied with their work as they did a thorough electrical health inspection at my home with proper registered electricians, not to mention they worked rather neatly as well.

mikeyew and Vincent330e like this.
  3. Vincent330e

Vincent330e New Member

I get what you mean with the BMW wallbox. It's definitely quite 'outstanding' but I got it for free with the recent BMW and greentech promotion. The personnel recommended by bmw are charging 'an arm and a leg' merely for the installation.

May I know how much did the guys from Hager charge you for the installation?

4. aschmitter

aschmitter Club Guest

Really sorry for replying this late. But I was charged rm 500.00. Reason being I had originally ran some conduit directly from the fuse box to my garage (I originally had plans for a small wood workshop but then the kid(s) came along, so that plan was scrapped). I also got them to use my own cables as I had plenty leftovers from my previous projects. The installation took not more than an hour.

5. mikeyew

mikeyew Club Guest

Can you share the contact of your electrician? Thanks bro.